Anyone picking up the McFarlane Halo 3 action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gamestop in my area didn't have the steel CQB in stock. Darnit.

So far only the red EVA spartan has given me problems, the rest are peachy.

Hey Sniper, what's the least favorite figure in your [growing] collection? Mine would be the Jackal, he's so boring.

Gamestop had the Eva Red when I went, but I wanna try to get him a little cheaper at work or maybe find it cheapest at walmart..which is also why I didn't get Cortana.

Least favorite would have to be the Jackal, mainly cause he seems a little frail and I have the damnest time trying to get him to stand up straigh.

I picked up a MC and Brute at TRU last night. They're awesome figures, it just shows McFarlane can do articulation extremely well if they want too.

My only complaint is that I wish MC would have come with more weapons, at least a pistol and grenade.

Well, I have had 3 breaks out of 8 figures. Had 2 straight Master Chiefs break (and this with me trying the hot water trick to loosen the joint and being very gentle) on his right wrist. Apparently, this is a very common problem. Didn't want to have to drive back to Wal-Mart a second time, so I just used a small metal pin and some superglue to fix it. Still too delicate to more the wrist thought, which sucks. The third break was the grunt on one of his legs at the hip, but superglue fixed that one decent enough. Haven't seen any Cortanas at Wal-Mart, and they had plenty of the other figures. Are Cortana and the alternate helmet design Spartan warriors online retailer exclusives?

The different helmet and cortana arent exclusive to any online store. Just Cortana is kinda short packed. The Blue CQB Spartan is Walmart Exclusive, and Steel Gamestop and Comic shops type place's.

Last edited:
Sweet, so the blue spartan should be pretty easy to find then if it's a Wal-Mart Exclusive. That's my favorite. :rock

Halo collection:

Red x2
Blue x3
MC x2
Cortana x2
White
Steel x2
Grunt Green
Brute
Jackal

CIMG1830.jpg

CIMG1831.jpg

CIMG1832.jpg

CIMG1833.jpg

Might be able to get the EVA Red tomorrow, and hopefully Orange Grunt as well.

I think i saw a picture of a 12 inch version from toy fair but i can't seem to find it now. Look like the same articulation as the smaller one scaled up.

CIMG1848.jpg

Got the idea from a custom guy over at the spawn boards. Still need to fix up the parts of the head the got scuffed when using dremel...and then I want some black and red armor for him.:monkey1

Head came from a two pack of "The CORPS" figure line. Walmart sells them. Bodies are about the size of joes but joe heads are two small for these bodies.

GOT A GREEN MASTER CHIEF!!!

HE IS SICK!

His left wrist was stuck, but I remembered the old trick to put him in the freezer for a minute or two and it helps loosen the joint and make it able to move without twisting off or breaking :).

So for those out there that get figure figures who joints are stuck, just put them in the freezer for a couple minutes them take them out and slowly begin to move the joint. Works every time.

Almost finished with my figure.

CIMG1849.jpg

After taking the picture I noticed a few area's that I missed on my first go through, hard to see in the room cause the light isn't all to bright atm. The Battle Damage silver doesn't show up all to well in the pictures sadly.

Got some more figures. Got a White Spartan , the Steel CQB GS exclusive, Red Spartan Mark VI and a Brute Chieftan. These figures are the ++++! I am just going to try and find the two walmart exclusives and then thats it for me for wave 1 :D.

Here are the Exclusive Spartans listed as being in Series 2 from McFarlane's site, there are a few here that are not listed as exclusives; yet they are not shown as being in the case assortments on BBTS site:confused::

WALMART EXCLUSIVE:
halo3s2_spartan-eod-bl_photo_01_dp.jpg

UNKNOWN:
halo3s2_spartan-odst-st_photo_01_dp.jpg

D&R EXCLUSIVE (I heard they are located in California? Does anyone have anymore information?):
halo3s2_spartan-markvi-p_photo_01_dp.jpg

UNKNOWN (Image shown on BBTS is Tan, but listed as Olive in the case assortment, so I assume this will be Olive and the Tan image on BBTS site is incorrect):
halo3s2_spartan-eod-ol_photo_01_dp.jpg

WALMART EXCLUSIVE:
halo3s2_spartan-odst-cy_photo_01_dp.jpg

TOYSRUS EXCLUSIVE:
halo3s2_spartan-eva-br_photo_01_dp.jpg

TRANSWORLD EXCLUSIVE (the company that owns FYE):
halo3s2_spartan-markvi-gld_photo_01_dp.jpg

Entertainment Earth is getting an Exclusive figure; Yellow ODST Spartan:
%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMF18318lg.jpg

Pre-Order here:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MF18318

Doesn't look very yellow there but as it says final product will change, I will pre order this one :D. I love that design.

I do not know where that Steel ODST Spartan will be released as it is not listed as an exclusive nor listed in any case assortments on online stores....

Last edited:
I saw that one before and thought it was alright. Only thing I like about it is that its an ODST, but think Ill be fine with the norm ones that will be released in series 2.

I know some are turned off by the relatively small scale (5")

I think the scale is actually very nice. When I first got heard about it I was like eh, but after getting them in hand it makes the Halo figures have their own unique scale.

Also I was thinking, maybe Mcfarlane made these in 5" scale planning that they could possibly be making vehicles in the future and the 5" scale would make the vehicles available at a decent price and at the same time not hurt the production costs on Mcfarlane's part.

The Yellow ODST Spartan is an internet exclusive. Bigbadtoystore also has it.

The Steel ODST Spartan is a Gamestop exclusive.

Back