Anyone picking up the McFarlane Halo 3 action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i picked up the red eva today at a gamestop. i dropped by on the off chance they might have something but all they had out was a MC and a white spartan. they employee asked me if i was looking for a certain one and i told him. he disappeared into the back and came back out with a steel cqb and a red eva. thought it was pretty cool of him and told him so. i am only missing the blue cqb now. based on all i've seen as far as what's coming out...i think it's safe to say mcfarlane is going to be getting my toy/hobby dollar for the near future. now i just need a weapons pack. MC has already kicked the crap out of the grunt, chieftan, and jackal and taken off with their weapons. oh and an in scale warthog would rock out loud.

The Yellow ODST Spartan is an internet exclusive. Bigbadtoystore also has it.

The Steel ODST Spartan is a Gamestop exclusive.

Yeah the yellow is technically listed as an Entertainment Earth exclusive.

And I was wondering why this was on GameStop's website, yet it had the picture of a standard ODST rather than the ODST Spartan:

https://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=322331

I guess that is a pre order for the steel ODST Spartan, but Gamestop just has the wrong image?

Yeah the yellow is technically listed as an Entertainment Earth exclusive.

And I was wondering why this was on GameStop's website, yet it had the picture of a standard ODST rather than the ODST Spartan:

https://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=322331

I guess that is a pre order for the steel ODST Spartan, but Gamestop just has the wrong image?

gamestop is supposed to get that ODST as their series 2 exclusive, which sucks since thats the one I want the most.

I picked up the Green one and Cortana. Thanks for the freezer tip! Hadn't heard of that one before! Got Cortana as she looks like the perfect size to hold whenever I finally get my 1/1 Spartan armor. Thought that would make a cool pic!

i got the blue C.Q.B i think thats wat it is the one that kinda looks like boba fett and samus had a baby

i got the blue C.Q.B i think thats wat it is the one that kinda looks like boba fett and samus had a baby

lol yah that's him. still haven't seen the blue cqb yet but i did pick up two more blue mark vi today at walmart.

BBTS has a Hunter series 1 box set on pre order to ship in March. I pre-ordered it. But there is nothing on McFarlane's site that shows this box set, I'm sure its real but I doubt it will be out this month especially since McFarlane hasn't even shown pictures yet.

I picked up Master Chief and Cortana. Cortana was a disappointment honestly. The light up feature isn't what I expected (I was expecting the entire platform to light up--not just three lights being projected on the figure. And she's in a fixed pose...no articulation.

Master Chief, on the other hand, is freaking incredible!!! The articulation is much better than anything else I've ever seen in this kind of scale. The wrist joints are fragile, but I haven't had any breaks. Just be careful with them and all should be well.

I also grabbed the first wave of vehicles. The detail is fantastic on all three. The Warthog has the most features with a rotating turret and spinning wheels--although there are no axles, so the wheels only spin and do not turn. The Brute Chopper only has the spinning wheel, and the Ghost has no moving parts. But for the price ($8-10) and size, these are nice display pieces, and the Warthog and Ghost look great in front of my Master Replicas scaled weapons (the Battle Rifle and Covenant Carbine).

BBTS has a Hunter series 1 box set on pre order to ship in March. I pre-ordered it. But there is nothing on McFarlane's site that shows this box set, I'm sure its real but I doubt it will be out this month especially since McFarlane hasn't even shown pictures yet.

I was gonna say that it was the Hunter set from the Halo Clix line, but I just checked it out and it said made by McFarlane. You would think spawn.com would have something up before an online store would. And also kinda weird since it say's series 1, and series 1 has been out for awhile.

Cortana was the only figure I wanted to get, and I really like her a lot. the only thing that irks me is the size... feels so small, especially compared to the one released a few years ago. I do like the light up feature... works way better than the older cortana, which had one led underneath her (he legs were bright... her head was dark).

If only the McFarlane version was that height. then it would have been perfect, imo. =P

I picked up the Arbiter, Brown EVA, Olive Green can't remember the model, and the new Brute. They are awesome, i'll post pics later.

BTW: I am looking for the Walmart Exclusive Cyan ODST Spartan, if anyone can hook me up for cost. Please PM me:

halo3multi2_odst-cyan_packaging_01_dp.jpg

Last edited:
^ I've been looking for that one too. Haven't seen it in any Walmart yet.

I had my Series 2 set of 9 ship from CSC a few days ago. I'm only keeping a couple of them though. I think I'm past this Halo 3 merch craze now.

I picked up the TRU exclusive, and one ODST. I might pick up another ODST but it still depends. The only store around me that sells them right now is TRU.

Got my Pink or (Light Red?) Spartan coming my way in the mail, still got to pick up MC and Gamestop Exclusive Steel ODTS that I had preordered from Gamestop. Was going to pick up the set from them but they said it was sold out. I still want the Orbiter and still debating if I should get the rest.

Damn, just purchased the Halo 3 series 2 set minus Master Chief and ODST. Got it on amazon.com for $9.99 each with free shipping.

Just got the chief and the arbiter. Considering the chief is somewhere around 7 feet tall, these fit in quite well with my 25th annaversery joes :)

Back