Anyone making Monster sculpts from the Cantina scene in a new hope(Star Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
huummm the whole casting stuff may have to come to a halt!! As the helms technically are not mine, they are the intellectual property of Side Show Collectables!

:(

As long as your not selling them which i know you dont i see no harm, but best to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
huummm the whole casting stuff may have to come to a halt!! As the helms technically are not mine, they are the intellectual property of Side Show Collectables!

:(

Of course , I realise we are approaching dangerous territory here . Sorry Dorgs , posted without giving the subject proper thought .:eek:

got this fantastic sculpt from bantha5. such a great sculpt, detail is so good. gona paint it up in the next few days hopefully. not sure what body to use or outfit for that matter. was thinking either a SS hobit body or one of those 8" mego bodies. maybe see if Bill can craft something once he gets some time.
snaggs009.jpg

That is pretty cool, cant wait to see some paint on it :peace

Got some sculpey during the week and started playing with it over the weekend, here's my first sculpt, far far far from happy with it but there's a glimmer of hope that I might get the hang of sculpting Cantina Aliens. This little dude is called Mosep and can be seen lurking the backstreets of Mos Eisley as Luke goes to sell his speeder. I only chose him cos I thought he looked pretty easy:banghead

Hey thats pretty damn good, except his eyes are a bit wonky. But the rest is amazing and for a 1st go Wow you could become seriously good you've got talent :peace

that looks awesome bid. though im not remembering the character at the moment. i'll look for him. i think he will fit in very well with the cantina crowd. again outstanding work.

thats a very good 1st sculpt, the cantina aliens are ideal for the beginner I think, makes all the bumps & lumps look like they belong

Crimsonbob, you're right mate his eyes are a little wonky, I kept trying to convince myself they weren't :lol

Thanks guys for the positive comments, I'm definitely gonna keep at it, any tips or advice always welcome.

That's exactly what I was thinking shocktrooper, cantina aliens should be fairly forgiving for someone starting out.

barryo, here's a picture of the litte guy I was trying to create.

You could sculpt straight over most of the left eye to bring it straight with the right. You could also make the top wrinkles between the eyes meet that would help straighten the look. Another thing you could do is make the left part of the mouth a bit bigger at the bottom to level it out with the left.

It really is very impressive though, once straightened that will be bang on :peace

Got some sculpey during the week and started playing with it over the weekend, here's my first sculpt, far far far from happy with it but there's a glimmer of hope that I might get the hang of sculpting Cantina Aliens. This little dude is called Mosep and can be seen lurking the backstreets of Mos Eisley as Luke goes to sell his speeder. I only chose him cos I thought he looked pretty easy:banghead

Holy shoot! Mosep!

I loved this guy as a kid. I was just talking to someone about this character like two days ago. So cool to see it being made.

Excellent sculpt I must say! :rock

If you ever offer one, please let me know. I would love to have this guy in my collection.

Don't sell yourself short mate , that's excellent work . If that's your first attempt at sculpting , I'd like to see your stuff after a little practice !

Great looking sculpt... and the funny thing is I can't remember ever really seeing this guy before, but as soon as I saw the sculpt I recognized him.

Awesome :rock

Crimsonbob, you're right mate his eyes are a little wonky, I kept trying to convince myself they weren't :lol

Thanks guys for the positive comments, I'm definitely gonna keep at it, any tips or advice always welcome.

That's exactly what I was thinking shocktrooper, cantina aliens should be fairly forgiving for someone starting out.

barryo, here's a picture of the litte guy I was trying to create.

yeah his eyes may be crooked, but painted up it looks just like him! Well, after a landspeeder accident maybe... :lol Still looks just like him tho, nice work!

My first sculpt was a zombie, not based on anyone or anything, just sort of free-form... it was pretty bad! :lol My second sculpt was Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator, turned out sort of OK with paint, as long as he's wearing his custom-made movie accurate sunglasses! From far away he looks just like Arnie... my third sculpt was yet another zombie, he's still pretty rough, but I really improved on sculpting eyes and lips. Now I've done a little more practicing and I'm getting the hang of ears and noses... My fourth sculpt, however, is one I have mentioned before on SSF, promising to post it somewhere, but haven't gotten around to it yet... perhaps I can find some time tomorrow... HINT: he's an OT alien never before seen on the internet in 1/6 scale!

Anyway, point is, great first sculpt! Fix the lopsided-ness and you'd already have 3 times the sculpting ability I do...

You certainly are talented!

Hey thats pretty damn good, except his eyes are a bit wonky.

I think they looked a little wonky on the mask they used, they did slap a lot of stuff together quickly for that movie. I think the word wonky could be used to describe parts of every ANH alien:lol

Thanks again guys for all the positive comments.

@ The dude person - ..... it looks just like him! Well, after a landspeeder accident maybe... :rotfl Dude, you're the funniest guy around, I've laughed out loud here at so many of your comments, this one is a classic!....now post a few pics of you're work mate!

@ War Gor - Mate, I'd be honoured to have anyone here actually want a sculpt done by me. As soon as I get good enough and am happy with the stuff I'm doing anyone here is welcome to take a copy. In the meantime, it's practice, practice, practice...if you want me to give any particular character a go, just let me know and I'll post pictures of my efforts.

I guess I better order some more super sculpey...and find the proper tools.. Again, any advice on sculpting from you guys is always appreciated, the idea is to get good enough to be able to share the stuff with you guys. Thanks Again!

So cool put me down for one... I love that sculpt, I love all cantina guys and one day!! One day I will build the cantina.

Back