Anyone making Monster sculpts from the Cantina scene in a new hope(Star Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking to make the cantina scene in a new hope and hit a brick wall. Need the various charcters from this scene-Hammer head, Blue faced Aliens, Werewolftype, Horned man and many others. Please help.

Some have been made by Gentle Giant in their 1/6 bust line (Hammer Head, etc.) and then a few others were released by Hasbro in the 12" line and can be upgraded to a decent figure. And there are a few sculpts out there... and this is a good place to look as a number of people here have made them.

Looking to make the cantina scene in a new hope and hit a brick wall. Need the various charcters from this scene-Hammer head, Blue faced Aliens, Werewolftype, Horned man and many others. Please help.

Those aliens are in order:

Ithorian, Duros, Shistavanen, Devaronian

Dorgmal Snow or Rogue Trooper may be able to help with the Duros... Check the 1/6 Cantina Booth thread started by Dorgmal Snow...

I don't think the Shistavanen (wolfman alien) exists anywhere in 1/6(I may sculpt one at some point, I'm an amateur head sculptor, been looking for SW characters never before seen in 1/6 to try sculpting)...

Ponda Baba (who gets his arm cut off by Ben Kenobi at the Cantina) was made by Hasbro, so were the Bith (the large-headed, black-eyed musicians who were playing in the cantina...

hope that helps

Cheers good reference site. Anyone got any Alien heads etc to pass on ? hasbro, gentle giant, recasts etc

Once again, ask Dorgmal Snow. He pretty much has all the cantina aliens and may be able to offer you some recasts... For a price (he can't afford to give stuff away for free anymore)

All ready been there, the heads are all Rogue traders and at this present time is not casting or selling. Anyone else ?

Now this is an area where i thought budding sculpters would have said "yer i have some but not molded any, how do you do that ?" I have the skills but not the time.

I only have one... but he's not part of the list you asked about. And it was a one-off, so no molds were made of my Snaggletooth. Also, he's more based on the toy than the actual mask.

snaggleb.jpg

snagglec.jpg

That looks really good you should get him molded. Various artists should be able to do the obscure Aliens Sideshow or Hasbro dont touch.

I love your snaggletooth galactiboy, if you ever go casts count me on!.

I wish I could help you out with casts from the cantina Mokeybat.. but they are not really mine to dish out. :(

Mark its no biggie just trying to get some creative juices going. I know Roguetrader made your superb Aliens but there must be some other customs out there? Hows your Droid molding going ?

Totally agree we need to get more folks giving it a go.

As for the moulds for the droids. I have just ordered some scales and next week I will hopefully do my first ever silicon mould!!!

Gonna start with a clone helmet.... But I have plans to attempt a gonk :) Then tomorrow the world!!!!

Totally agree we need to get more folks giving it a go.

As for the moulds for the droids. I have just ordered some scales and next week I will hopefully do my first ever silicon mould!!!

Gonna start with a clone helmet.... But I have plans to attempt a gonk :) Then tomorrow the world!!!!

Ooh! Clone helmet! Which one? AOTC or ROTS?? Medi or SS (or lolly-pop)?

a gonk would probably take around $45 worth of silicone (about £27) or so... for a clone helmet you could make a 1 piece mold and cust it up the back so the only seam line would be there. For a gonk you probably will need a 2 piece... which would require a day for each part of the mold to fully cure and you will need some "mold release" to get the 2 halves apart or else they will fuse (don't waste money on that commercial stuff, non-stick vegetable oil works just as well!)

I think you sort of just did! :D

you must have a very sick mind... :lol

Hey! I'm not the one writing about how good Vaseline is for "easing" things. It's all these SW perverts! GLA-D15! Bring me the smelling salts, I'm feeling faint again, oh, ok another Kronenberg will do...

Hey! I'm not the one writing about how good Vaseline is for "easing" things. It's all these SW perverts! GLA-D15! Bring me the smelling salts, I'm feeling faint again, oh, ok another Kronenberg will do...

But you're thinking of the wrong things that are "eased", therefore the source of this perversion is you.

I guess with GLA-D15 around it's hard not to think that way... I blame C-3PimpO!

:lol

Back