Anyone making Monster sculpts from the Cantina scene in a new hope(Star Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Monkeybat... Sadly I glued him to a body and as I've learned in the past if you try to remove a sculpey head that's been superglued you end up with a giant mess :lol

I've been thinking of revisiting him though, and if I do I'll see about finding someone to make a mold if there is interest. If you don't count the sculpt it only cost about $25 in parts to make my Snaggletooth :lol

Its very easy to mold while still on the body, just cut a hole in the bottom of your box. Poke is head through and make it secure with strong duck tape so the Selicone(mold agent) does not seep through.

Here's a group shot of what cantina characters that I've done so far...
Evazan,Kabe,Snaggletooth,& Hammerhead
DSC00286.jpg

...& recently completed a sculpt of Bom Vimdin

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00288-1.jpg

Monkeybat-I have every intention of casting all of my sculpts but right now I just don't have the extra cash to invest in the supplies to do so.I'm hoping in a few months that will change.

The way sculpting is going for me the past few days, I would for sure buy a few of your headsculpts. :D

They look great. Well done.

Right well look into cost on supplies and then transfer that onto cost of each head=supply money pre orders. Hammer head you could also supply hands and feet. Come on everyone, im in.
I love this sort of stuff, sing "Brotheeeeers doing it for themselves" etc etc etc

Monkeybat-I hear what you are saying.My initial intent was to just hold off until I was at the point to be able to purchase the supplies in larger quanity-by buying in bulk they tend to give you a little price break & would be able to work on several at a time.
However....with the countless number of requests for some of my heads,I went ahead & ordered a small batch to accommidate a few of these requests.

Awesome, I already got Bom Vimdin's spikey vest on my to do list beause it's so freakin cool.:D

20070721161735!Bom.jpg

By the way did you do Kabe he is very nice? :drool

Last edited:
That would be awesome.
I was going to go the kitbash route with the clothing & rob a vest from one of my ape soldiers.
Bom_Vimdim_btm.jpg

This was on wookeepedia & used it as refference whilst working on the sculpt.I'm more than positive it was from the SW holiday special.
A studded vest from the movie would be sweet.

Bom_Vimdim_btm.jpg

This was on wookeepedia & used it as reference whilst working on the sculpt.I'm more than positive it was from the SW holiday special.
A studded vest from the movie would be sweet.

Yea I am pretty sure that the blue outfit is from the Christmas special also(the background is sort of a giveaway), but either one is pretty cool.

Also I sent you a PM.

This is definitely on the list to do multiples of since there are enough people interested, these will take some
time though since this it requires a lot more spikes than I had to make for the Weequay stuff.

I don't know if this has been posted before or not.I was tripping out about noticing costumes from Planet of the Apes on SW aliens.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0kJkhEcQ44k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0kJkhEcQ44k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Back