Anyone making Monster sculpts from the Cantina scene in a new hope(Star Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks really cool so far, Jess! I want one of those Djas heads.

So here's a guy I've been working on. I know Ishi Tib is a ROTJ alien, but I hope it's ok to post him here. He's been one of my very favourite alien designs since I first saw him as a kid. I'll be making the hands today so he'll be ready for his nice, blue silicon bath. Let me know what you all think!

Best,
Nathan

Nathan that is splendid!

I think you will like where Lak Sivrak is headed. He is shaping up nicely. I will try to post photos later.

Last edited:
What do you guys think? Snout too long still?

1204121914a.jpg

I think if you make the whole mouth part shorter the nose will look the right size, but I am no sculptor.

Jess! I just received your heads in the mail today. Epic sculpts, I must say. Just fantastic. Very confident and precise! I cannot wait to paint them up this weekend!

Hope everyone got theirs. Most were slated for delivery today.

I am still futzing with his folds. I need to make his nose bigger, but I think I need to make sure his muzzle is good first.

530428_10151379142070649_1836377948_n.jpg

I added more snarl:
302710_10151379149115649_387551457_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Jess. Hard to say with certainty but it seems to me that the nostrils may be too high, perhaps in relation to the mouth. Other than that he's looking great!

Nathan

It think you've reached more than 90% now! He's looking great so far!

buy looking at it it looks like the bridge of the nose needs to come down if you look at the photo and the cast. that`s whats seems to be off to me. i dont know i guess you have to study the photo and your work. thats what i did with my chewie head. just look at the stills and look at the cast then back to the still shots etc.etc.

I will still futz with him. Hard to take photos with my cell phone, to get it to be the same angle as the reference photo, and still have enough light to capture the detail with the computer screen in the background. I told my sister to bring home laser-printed photos for me because my inkjet printer sucks, but she forgot.

1209122338.jpg

1209122337.jpg

Here's ole Ishi with a bit more color in his complexion. Still need to paint the eyes and clothe him, as he looks pretty ridiculous naked.
I didn't go with the moon boots, always thought his feet should be more avian and I figure if Duros can have two kinds of hands, why can't Ishis have variable feet?! Anyway, hope you guys like him.

Nathan

Am I the only one screaming "****** Yes!" right now? Me thinks not. Holy diver Nathan! This is freaking phenomenal! Look at the feet!!! I'm gonna go wait by the mailbox. (drool)

Back