Anyone get their Buffy PF yet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naria said:
How could you tell it was returned from someone else?
The box was a little beat up, the tape had been ripped off and new tape reapplied, the catalog was missing, etc...

I hope this is the last Buffy, actually. I'd feel compelled to buy it, but the hassle of this experience really pushes me away from another purchase.

returning/exchanging stuff to SS

Did you have to exchange both statue and base, or just one and not the other? I've had to return maybe 4 things to Sideshow for exchange (and 1 return when the exchange came back with the same fault). They always responded promptly with RMA number and pickup from UPS (I'm a US customer, BTW) as well as instructions about what to include based on what the problem was. I would send just what was needed, plus the styrofoam packing in a brown box (didn't have to be the same shipping box) and got back the same (new) pieces. Logically, I didn't get back a brand new sealed item.

I don't know what the replacement process is in the EU. I hear stuff about smashing, but then, again, aren't you replacing pieces, rather than both statue and base? (and if it's a limited ed, they need to give you the same item number on the base, anyway).

binky

Not to break up the discussion, but ...

Buffy12.jpg

Buffy10.jpg

Buffy8.jpg

Buffy5.jpg

Buffy3.jpg

Buffy1.jpg

Buffy11.jpg

Buffy9.jpg

Buffy6.jpg

Buffy7.jpg

Awesome pictures, Monk !!! I especially like the profile shot. Stunning! However, depending on the angle you can notice some serious lazy eye problem, which, at this point, doesn't surprise at all. I'm sure it's not that big of a deal in person (the first picture looks quite like mine, a bit of lazy eye, but nothing excessively distracting). So, I'm happy another Buffy found a home!:D

I don't see any lazy eye in Monk's pics at all. In fact the more pics I see the more I'm convinced that what people are calling "lazy eye" just adds to the wistful expression on her face. Haven't received mine yet, but I'm definitely not worried too much about this.

Hmmm. If you put your finger in front of the lower part of her hair in the 1st picture it would be easy to mistake this for a photo of the real thing. :monkey5
COME ON! Start shipping this to Europe will you!! I want it on my shelf NOW!:emperor

Thanks, Gents. :D

I'm really overwhelmed by this piece as a whole. The eye is a bit of an issue. But, a female co-worker, when she overheard me talking about it, entered my cubicle (yep, got a cubicle), leaned her face re-e-e-ally close to Buffy's, and after a long look, said, "Well, I had to really look for it, but I still don't think it's that big a deal."

Well put for a 60-year-old woman.

No, I think the lazy eye issue is minimal on mine at best. Buffy's a keeper.

Cant see the lazy eye at all. Beautiful pics Terry, it looks fantastic. Infact it makes me feel bad for cancelling it. Maybe down the line...

Re: returning/exchanging stuff to SS

binky said:
Did you have to exchange both statue and base, or just one and not the other?

I would have preferred to return just the base, but I asked and they had me send back everything.

JoeSweden said:
COME ON! Start shipping this to Europe will you!! I want it on my shelf NOW!:emperor

I just got mine delivered today from the EU warehouse so you shouldn't have to wait much longer

Awesome pics! I don't see a lazy-eye issue either.

Too bad I am not a Buffy fan. This is a nice piece.

Mine arrived today! It's for Xmas, so I only quickly checked it was okay. She's perfect! No lazy eye, loose hair or missing fingers. Thank god.

She is hands down my favourite piece of Buffy merchandise. And if I was grading, I'd give 11/10.

buffy-collector said:
Mine came today!I had a custom charge of £51 pounds though:rolleyes: ...
Are you sure that's the VAT amount? Couldn't it be the amount for VAT + shipping? £51 (or $97) would be more TAX than I payed for my General Grievous PF (basic price $450 - $86 tax - $44 shipping), and given the fact that VAT is calculated on item price + Shipping, and, that the Buffy PF is only $250, it should be less. Like $50 (£26).

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Are you sure that's the VAT amount? Couldn't it be the amount for VAT + shipping? £51 (or $97) would be more TAX than I payed for my General Grievous PF (basic price $450 - $86 tax - $44 shipping), and given the fact that VAT is calculated on item price + Shipping, and, that the Buffy PF is only $250, it should be less. Like $50 (£26).

that would be about right for customs and the delivery firms handling fee for the likes of this for importing into the uk from the US if you are unlucky enough to be nabbed for it........ thats presumeing it wasn't ordered from Sideshow direct due to the customs charge and also when it was delivered

gam said:
that would be about right for customs and the delivery firms handling fee for the likes of this for importing into the uk from the US if you are unlucky enough to be nabbed for it........ thats presumeing it wasn't ordered from Sideshow direct due to the customs charge and also when it was delivered

Perfectly right. And an other very very VERY good reason to order from SSC directly!!

great looking piece. I'd love to see someone do a repaint on this. I'd love to give it a go but I don't collect PF's (hell.. I can just about find room for some 12"'s) lol

That will not be me.:D I won't ruin an extremely limited $250 piece like that, but of course, I am not a good customizer. I'd like to see experiments, but I don't count on that.

Btw, a couple more pics.

This is how Buffy looks on top of the Ikea cabinet.

buffypf1yw7.jpg

Scale comparison. It's not great because the angle that the pic is taken from is not exactly the front, but I thought I'd post it anyway :)

buffypf3ag8.jpg

Originally Posted by JoeSweden
COME ON! Start shipping this to Europe will you!! I want it on my shelf NOW!

That's why I order directly from US retailers. I get mine a couple of weeks after it begins shipping in the US. Of course, if you ordered the exclusive, I have no point.

Alot of the problem with the "Lazy eye" is the fact that the eye lashes are real-like and not sculpted and therefore the lashes can sag. You need to get a top line mascara:lol

Back