Anyone ever use Mighty Putty?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Zito

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I've seen a vid where Ones customs says he uses it...

I've sculpted something over a head with it, and its been over 3 days and it isnt dry. some parts are actually still moist.

i've pm'd a few people and no one seems to know anything about it so im making this thread....if you got some tips for me...let me know!!

thanks a lot!!

vic

Yes I've used it before. Make sure when u cut a piece off to knead it very well.

It should dry and harden like a rock in like 1/2 hour.

Maybe you got a bad batch or its old.

The stuff is great but the work time with is short

gaaaah. this is so annoying. i've already sculpted an entire head sculpt....now its garbage!!!

so lets assume i didn't knead it very well. could this have been the problem?

my head sculpt is still green and white....definitely not hard as a rock....some parts of squishy, some parts are still moist...after 3 days!!!

do i have to knead it until the green is gone?

until its whitish/grey?

You could try moulding the soft head's face in plaster, to save your sculpt. Then on your new sculpt, use it as a press mould (maybe with clingfilm if necessary). Can save most of the work you've put in that way.

Or finish the soft one then mould it in silicone, to get a cast.

Always a good idea to read the instructions before you use something. 2 part epoxy (I'm assuming that is what this is) always requires a thorough mixing.

So Mighty Putty bad or good !? cause I might use it very soon :p

Back