Anyone else hoping this one turns out great?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
Boomer is HOT and #6 WAS hot (3 years ago), but Katee Sackhoff is the HOTEST!! And to emphasis this I've used all caps on certain words. :D

While those sacreligious versions of the classic characters are ....ok,
Maren Jensen was HOTTEST!!!
Of course, in a new version I'm sure Athena would be a blind, 7 ft tall mongolian male.
It was over the top for Cain to be a woman as well. Why didn't they just make an all female version of BSG?

I have to admit, I love the new version of Battlestar Galactica. I just recently got interested in it through the dvds and it's such a good show on its own, no need to compare it to the original. I'm looking forward to seeing Majestic release figures from the show.

I haven't gotten my DS figures yet, so I can't say anything for sure about Majestic other than the pics of the DS figures satisfy me, and that I've seen the Battlestar Galactica figures in person and thought they looked fine sculpt-wise (Starbuck being the exception, but there's usually in an exception -or two- in any line). Personally, I'm grateful that Majestic is out there, because SS probably would never have given me DS figures, and from what I've seen of their work, I'll be happy to buy their products.

I worry about ANY female figures, honestly, no matter the company. I've never had a female figure that had me raving about the sculpt... I have very few female figures from SS, and my favorite by far is vampire Drusilla, who doesn't have the human face. I like the first Scully from X-Files enough. But I passed on Willow and Faith from Buffy because of the sculpts and to me, the best likeness of Buffy herself IMO was the game face version.

The only female figures Majestic currently has out are the Munsters, and those were done rather cartoony (to me), anyway, and not really a good indication of what they will do with say, the female characters from DS, or the ones from the new BSG.

I can't say anything about articulation, because as long as I can pose the figure decently, I don't care much.

Just my .02 cents, or .03. ;)

Back