Anybody submit their 12" inch Jedi Luke to AFA, yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
QUOTE=Smudger9;399494]Sure does. DEspite the fact that I hate the AFA and all it stands for, it does look kind of cool. Good Job. Wish I had an exclusive Luke :monkey2 .[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerath666
not trying to come off as condecending, nor insulting, but i never got the whole idea behind AFA grading, can you explane the appeal of it to me?

No offense, it's a serious question. If i spend As much on a Toy as i spend on sideshow figures, You can be Damn sure i'm gonna open it and enjoy posing it. Looking at it in the box.. or, better yet, never being able to even look at it in the box simply baffels me.

Please, help me understand the appeal?

first ... i under stand were some people come from on AFA .. i dont do this to make $ or sell .. i do it becouse the way i have them box this up in a case makes for a great way to display the figure ... i get to see all of the figure and the box is protected and i know for many years there are not going ot be fingure prints and were and tear on the box or figure .... just the way i like to have some of my figures displayed ... i have only done this to a few as the cost is very high .. but then some i think are worth the extra $ ... here are two of my Fav ...

View attachment 13225

View attachment 13226

these are very very hard to find ... in any condition but mine are in super mint condition and i want them to stay that way ... i have a few of the other Platoon figures and they are not cased and they are coming apart ... so im very happy i have invested the $$$ to keep them in great shape .... im more going for the casing and not the grade and the grade is more of a bonus

Last edited:
No offence meant, but,
Does the crooked tunic on Jedi Luke not bother you?
It's bug the ^^^^^ out of me.

Cheers,
Doug

first ... i under stand were some people come from on AFA .. i dont do this to make $ or sell .. i do it becouse the way i have them box this up in a case makes for a great way to display the figure ... i get to see all of the figure and the box is protected and i know for many years there are not going ot be fingure prints and were and tear on the box or figure .... just the way i like to have some of my figures displayed ... i have only done this to a few as the cost is very high .. but then some i think are worth the extra $ ... here are two of my Fav ...

View attachment 13225

View attachment 13226

these are very very hard to find ... in any condition but mine are in super mint condition and i want them to stay that way ... i have a few of the other Platoon figures and they are not cased and they are coming apart ... so im very happy i have invested the $$$ to keep them in great shape .... im more going for the casing and not the grade and the grade is more of a bonus

I never understood the sealing. Theoretically, some ****** could take the figure and shake the hell out of it, damaging the box and potentially something inside (or making it fall loose in the box) and you'd still have the rating on the sealed box and could list it as such. :huh

I never understood the sealing. Theoretically, some ****** could take the figure and shake the hell out of it, damaging the box and potentially something inside (or making it fall loose in the box) and you'd still have the rating on the sealed box and could list it as such. :huh

not for every one ...................... :banana

Well, yes but if they didn't seal it then the rating would be totally meaningless, since you could take out the item and replace it with something else. The rating basically means that the item was in the stated condition at the time it was placed in the box. You still need to visually check the condition of the item.

For the record I don't really like the AFA concept either.

Good point, but I can do something about the dust :)

Cheers,
Doug

ahaha..

oh man.. i love this board so much!

:maul

FIIIGGHHHTTT!!! j/k!

IMHO, I think the AFA thing is pretty silly myself..
I buy these things to play with them, and display them..

my older brother has hundreds of figures in their boxes still.. they make up the wallpaper of his room. The room in my parents house that he lives in, at the age of 32.

he doesn't open them. He doesn't play with them. Never has.

I open mine. I play.
I display.
I have sex.

Life is good.:rotfl

The AFA concept which was originally meant for vintage toys, does not carry over well to the higher end collectibles. I could see the value of preserving the product pristine for nostalgia purposes, but what's next, an AFA graded CM Predator?

Cant be that good if your having sex with your collectibles :rolleyes:

hey..

Leia said she wanted it!
Still don't know how to get that stain out though..

:duh

I keed, I keed.. my lady is actually a member of these here boards herself!

Well, yes but if they didn't seal it then the rating would be totally meaningless, since you could take out the item and replace it with something else. The rating basically means that the item was in the stated condition at the time it was placed in the box. You still need to visually check the condition of the item.

For the record I don't really like the AFA concept either.

Granted, but if you can change the condition of the sealed item, what does that mean for the rating on the sealed box? Doesn't that make it meaningless too? :huh So what does this mean? AFA = meaningless. :lol Besides, a toy's value shouldn't be established by some ****** sitting at a desk who may or may not understand what he's appraising, it should and is determined by what a collector is willing to pay for it.

hey..

Leia said she wanted it!
Still don't know how to get that stain out though..

:duh

I keed, I keed.. my lady is actually a member of these here boards herself!

So you live at home with your lady? :huh

Last edited:
you all have mist my point ..... i wanted away to keep my box and figure as mint as posable ... i like this way ....

do what you like

you all have mist my point ..... i wanted away to keep my box and figure as mint as posable ... i like this way ....

do what you like

I don't think anybody's putting you down for your choice to have it sealed and AFA rated. We're just discussing AFA rating collectibles in general. Nothing personal.

I don't think anybody's putting you down for your choice to have it sealed and AFA rated. We're just discussing AFA rating collectibles in general. Nothing personal.

im not taking it personal .... all i see every one talking about is how they sould be played with ... and i yes ... i have all most every one open ... but i have a few i have sealed ...

im done with what i have to say about it

Back