Anybody made a 1/6th scale TV series Flash (John Wesley Shipp) yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that the velvet look might be too tough to accomplish, especially with the bits that would be plastic (the head and hands). I figure we could possibly do it in just a flat red color without a glossy finish... Maybe not entirely accurate, but I think it is more important that the head and hands match the suit than it is getting the fabric 100% right.

I'd still want Tony on this as my first pick, with Ashkan maybe doing the head, boots, and lightning bolts? Those guys seem to work well together...

-Sallah

As far as running into difficulty with the head and hands, did you ever consider maybe letting the sculptor just do a bald head with the Shipp likeness, and the ear pieces, and using an actual fabric cowl?

I'd be interested in one if it had the rubber molded muscle look to the suit with or without the velvet finish. The show came out after Burton's Batman and took some of its cues from that art direction. So I think to make that kind of suit work you'd probably want to follow the HT '89 Keaton Batman approach. At least that's what I'd be interested in.

There's a great look at the costume in the intro
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa9b7ZQ3Zkw[/ame]

The show even had its version of Reverse Flash called Pollux (I'd get that too).
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBUubnyeDo[/ame]

I've gotta get this series!!! :rock

I just watched Superman III last night for the first time in years - & that fight with Pollux is reminiscent of evil Supes & Clark fighting in the scrap yard. :lol :yess:

Last edited:
Using the same Burtan Batman suit, but with a less shiny paint could work, with some type of velvet material. Like my Flash.

^ That's actually a really nicely thought out & well put together custom! :clap

Great idea using the TFA Cap head, & clone trooper boots / feet!

I'm still trying to figure out where the glove gauntlets are from..

Excellent work!! :rock

Someone did indeed make a Shipp Flash sculpt. Alas, I cannot remember who it was. I bought one back in the day when it was offered but made the mistake of shipping it to a "friend" to paint. Now it, and so many others, are god knows where but not with me.

This is a very good Flash sculpt:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/190926508545

i bought one of these sculpts ,its very nice ,i had it modified for a no neck version and painted ,then didnt end up useing it ,anyone intrested in buying it please pm me thanks ,here its is on my figure ,its a whiplash ,and again on a superman ,it was modded with a ball type neck connector to fit hot toys and knock off bodies ,it fits perfectly on both my figures ,so it should fit any ,id guess ,
20131207_111116_zps5d0ffb9d.jpg
20131207_111044_zpsc0b52272.jpg
20131207_111144_zps4c4e1cc4.jpg
20131207_110947_zpsffaf4e92.jpg

I am still thinking about this project! :)

I just e-mailed Estudio Proteus to gauge their interest in taking it on...

Sallah

Friend is currently Making and selling these. I sculpted the head. PM me I can connect you to her.

20638565_339012479863601_3022951321529895150_n.jpg

Back