Any of your buddies see your Hot toy collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I get the same from my 8-yr-old niece and my sister. "Why so many?" Makes me feel a bit guilty but they don't know how to appreciate the fine details and craftsmanship that bring these figures to life.

Lol. I feel you

My mom always reminds me "what a waste of money" my collection is and asks when I will grow up.

I've had repairmen at the house who have been in AWE of it.

My friends are pretty split. Some look at it as a waste. Others love it and are jealous.

When you have a giant curio cabinet in the living room full of PFs, it's hard to hide the hobby. :lol Family members and friends have always known me to be a collector, so there's never been an issue of acceptance. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but they respect my interests. My fiancée even brought the UPS guy into the house one day and said, "This is what you've been delivering." He was speechless.

My friends are pretty split. Some look at it as a waste. Others love it and are jealous.

This has been my finding when I've shown what I've got. Indifference seems to be the most common reaction though.

I do like to see the reactions from people on the "outside". For instance the Hulkbuster has been on quite a few websites since it's announcement. Based on comments I've read the general public doesn't hold our hobby in high regard.

I keep mine in my bedroom, I really don't want random visitors looking and judging. Had a party here last summer, I invited my best bud for 30+ yrs to look(all I had then was IM2 Black Widow pf) and told him to keep it to himself, the others wouldn't get it and I don't need that crap. He was over again last fall after the collection had grown a little and looked again, the first words out of his mouth were "ooh- Harley Quinn!" He likes Batman and his kids are into the justice league so I suspect he knows some of the characters far better than me. I'm quite protective of my little hobby.

A few of my friends thinks it's cool who are into comics and stuff. Others are indifferent and alot of them don't know. I have been a "closet" nerd all my life so alot of pople have no idea. But almost all think my hobby of collecting screen used props is cool. My girlfriend for example thinks that the props is really cool. About the statues and figures she calls them "toys" :)

I showed some friends and they pulled my pants down and pushed me around a bit. My wife gave me a wedgie.

I've never had the displays setup in a way that I'm ready to show it to anyone I know. But repairmen are frequently in awe. I had a piece of furniture delivered and they guy said his kid is in the truck and could he bring him in. The kid was dumbstruck by the collection (about a 11 year old boy). And this was just the downstairs which doesn't have any 12" - only PFs, Cinemaquettes and prop replicas.

I had family of my wife's visit about a month ago and one of my wife's cousins went to my Collectible room to pick up a dvd he would like to see. This kid is about 12 years old and he saw my Hot Toys on display. He did not praise them or anything, all he said was why do I have so many. I won't lie I felt like **** that im more like a kid then he is.

It's the video games. I swear my nephew cares more about video game coins more than real money. He will leave his 5 bucks he got from gramps laying around but you won't see him without the video game lol.

LOL I get the same from my 8-yr-old niece and my sister. "Why so many?" Makes me feel a bit guilty but they don't know how to appreciate the fine details and craftsmanship that bring these figures to life.

My Niece actually said something like I know why you don't open some of your stuff and proceeded to tell me about the collecting forums for those horror high dolls and how she still has some in the package lol.

Never gotten a sideways look about it. Then again, I don't have a whole room dedicated to it. Just a few cool-looking toys on a shelf. Might be different if it looked like I lived in a comic book store.

SnakeDoc

I have 2 rooms and a bathroom but yeah I actually don't like the comic book store look... was more of a joke... It's more in the home theater with lifesize and props style. They seemed to be eyeing my lifesize Redskull for some reason... maybe they liked the iron cross.
I actually walked by a comic book store I never went into this weekend and they had a big sideshow collectibles sold here sign but all I could find was a bunch of 12" figs and smaller stuff. I knew that was going to happen before I even walked in. They were a small shop though!

My Niece actually said something like I know why you don't open some of your stuff and proceeded to tell me about the collecting forums for those horror high dolls and how she still has some in the package lol.

This seems to be very prevalent with most of the low-end "collectibles". It seems like such a false market because basically nothing is rare anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reminds me I have a spare mannequin in the boiler room and before he saw the other stuff the repair guy was like "What's the story with that thing?"
I was like, don't you remember when you inspected my boiler last time? It scared you every time you entered the room. :lol

It took a month or two to tell the old ball and chain about my dollies. Haha. She's cool About it though. Always has been. True love init.

None of my pals know. I wouldn't want them to. I have a large group of friends. All just normal lads. I'm a normal lad with a geeky side. If they found out they would rip the back out of me :lol So it's just easier to keep it quiet until it eventually comes out. I've been collecting for years now though.

That's kinda where I'm at, been collecting for a couple years. Have a new gf of a month I haven't told yet ha. Just close family that I know would understand and my parents. I plan to keep it as tight lipped as possible.

There were a few repairmen coming to my house and all were amazed by the collection, in this part of the world not many know what this is. One of them is also a die-cast car collector (has a big Hotwheels collection). The guys from the company which made the cabinets for my collection were always very enthusiastic to come here. One of them brought his kid (13 yrs) and he was in awe, because he loves Star Wars a lot. Unlike many people this kid and his dad were among the very few knowing almost all characters in my collection.

Otherwise in the past 3 years I declined offers from TV stations (2 national and 1 regional) to film my collection and present it in their shows. When my regular friends come here, they don't really visit the collection room, there are only 2 friends who are collectors and none from my city.

Back