Any of your buddies see your Hot toy collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not surprised people want to film your collection, jkno - it is incredible.

Isn't sad that we hide our collections from friends and family because we're embarrassed that they will give us **** about it lol.

I get enough complaints from my girlfriend about my Funko pop collection, I can't imagine what it will be like when she finds out about the Hot Toys I have stashed away lol. She loves GotG, so I'm just gonna shove Groot in her face....how can she get angry at Groot? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is quite irrational but after that story came out last year about the guy getting robbed of most of his collection I sometimes think about limiting who knows what I buy when I pick stuff up from UPS or get a bunch of USPS deliveries. What you're buying is on the outside of the box so everyone who has handled the package knows what you bought and where you live.
I don't hang out with slimeballs so I'm not worried about friends/family but anytime a contractor or delivery guy comes in...

As hockeyflow said the idea of showing repair/delivery guys what valuables I have in my house is something I would never consider.
As for family & friends I don't give a crap what they think. My brother in law has a geeky side, more SW & DC, but he loves my Predator/Marvel collection.

Damn! I don't do HTs :wave

This is quite irrational but after that story came out last year about the guy getting robbed of most of his collection I sometimes think about limiting who knows what I buy when I pick stuff up from UPS or get a bunch of USPS deliveries. What you're buying is on the outside of the box so everyone who has handled the package knows what you bought and where you live.
I don't hang out with slimeballs so I'm not worried about friends/family but anytime a contractor or delivery guy comes in...

Completely agree. :goodpost:

My friends respect and love my collection, but even then, my display is pretty small at about 23 1/6 figs. Y'all would definitely be miles more insane than mine! I just bought a studio loft apartment though, and planning to make the whole place a heaven for geeks. Lol. Figures, statues, and comic books.

Definitely gonna take a while to get it up to how I would want the place to be. Furnitures, and custom cases and lighting are so expensive!

What friends? :lol Well people have seen my stuff and they either love it or they don't. The ones that don't care for it respect it though but at this point I really have no friends or girl telling me there opinions. For now I'm hermit with my stuff peacefully.:acme

My friends respect and love my collection, but even then, my display is pretty small at about 23 1/6 figs. Y'all would definitely be miles more insane than mine! I just bought a studio loft apartment though, and planning to make the whole place a heaven for geeks. Lol. Figures, statues, and comic books.

Definitely gonna take a while to get it up to how I would want the place to be. Furnitures, and custom cases and lighting are so expensive!

Haha it's sad that 23 is considered small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As hockeyflow said the idea of showing repair/delivery guys what valuables I have in my house is something I would never consider.
As for family & friends I don't give a crap what they think. My brother in law has a geeky side, more SW & DC, but he loves my Predator/Marvel collection.

Damn! I don't do HTs :wave

I don't see how you can avoid repair people from seeing them. I'm not putting everything away whenever something needs fixing.

Haha it's sad that 23 is considered small!

It's all relative - but if 23 isn't small, what would you consider small? HT is on MMS285 - I've got all of them.

I don't see how you can avoid repair people from seeing them. I'm not putting everything away whenever something needs fixing.
All my stuff is in the one room under lock & key.
The only repair guys I've had around in the last few years is a plumber and roofer. Can fix most things myself.

Getting new windows fitted this year and dreading having to pack everything away. Don't want anything getting dirty nor the whole street seeing what's in my front room.
Curtains haven't been opened for years :D

Other than a dozen Batman black and white statues and a bunch of books everything is in my office. I've had some furniture delivered and the plumber come a few times but always keep the office closed.

Putting in new windows isn't too bad once you get the hang of it but if you can pay someone to do it, you're way, way better off!

All my stuff is in the one room under lock & key.
The only repair guys I've had around in the last few years is a plumber and roofer. Can fix most things myself.

Getting new windows fitted this year and dreading having to pack everything away. Don't want anything getting dirty nor the whole street seeing what's in my front room.
Curtains haven't been opened for years :D

Ah, I have stuff in every room. Even when I had a major remodel I had stuff exposed to the ridicule of all.

It's all relative - but if 23 isn't small, what would you consider small? HT is on MMS285 - I've got all of them.

Wow that's a nice collection. Wish I could do that but my girlfriend would kill me lol. I have about 34 and she complains everytime I get a new one haha

My "room" is full of toys, figures, statues and movie prop replicas. It is a constant work in progress with lots of clutter right now.
My closest friends collect so they all think it's cool. Other people and family usually think it's weird a 50 year old has this kind of stuff.
They just don't get it, which is fine, cause I'm sure there is stuff their into I wouldn't get either. But to each their own. We are only on this old spinning ball a short time so do the things that make you happy, like collecting our "toys".

My siblings are usually very supportive of my hobby, unless I buy some very expensive piece. The parents are always saying its a waste of money, but they do enjoy lookking at my display once in a while. Hahaha.
What do you guys plan for your collection once you're....gone? Pass it on to your kids? Donate? I've always thought about it, but have never come to a conclusion. Of course, I myself is still a bachelor, but I do feel like laying out a plan in case of anything.

What do you guys plan for your collection once you're....gone? Pass it on to your kids? Donate? I've always thought about it, but have never come to a conclusion. Of course, I myself is still a bachelor, but I do feel like laying out a plan in case of anything.

I'll probably wire my collection to self destruct when I'm gone. Death to the unbelievers!

Nah, I would probably put it in my will to be auctioned and the money will be go to charity. As much as I love my toys, they won't follow me to my grave, or so I've heard.

Last edited:

My kids are going to get to decide to do with them. It'd be nice if at least some of them were put on a display as a shrine and testament to their old man's impeccable taste.

I'll probably wire my connection to self destruct when I'm gone. Death to the unbelievers!
Rofl
My kids are going to get to decide to do with them. It'd be nice if at least some of them were put on a display as a shrine and testament to their old man's impeccable taste.
Why not do that beforehand? [emoji23]
I guess I would probably hand them down to my kids and if they should ever need the money, they could sell em. I should probably leave instructions as to look at eBay market prices before doing that hahahhahaha

Rofl

Why not do that beforehand? [emoji23]
I guess I would probably hand them down to my kids and if they should ever need the money, they could sell em. I should probably leave instructions as to look at eBay market prices before doing that hahahhahaha

I mean put on display in their own homes :) I won't need to leave instructions for them, they've heard enough times how much these things cost. But I doubt they'll sell any of them anyway, they dig 'em.

Back