Any of your buddies see your Hot toy collection.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainpaulo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering do you share the collection with others outside this community...I have a man cave set up with all hot toys on display...one buddy was mad to see it...I think when he saw all the figures he was less than impressed:lol
I'd say if I'm being honest he tought a guy in his late 30s collecting these toys was weird...he nearly chocked when I told him the price not to mention their re sale value. I asked him to guess price before I told him he said I suppose 50 euro about 60 dollars:horror:lol
Anyway there you go...others have been slightly more impressed but not much.

An invitation to see my action figure collection is my fail-safe pick up line. The ladies can't get enough of it.

I haven't had anyone see my collection as of yet.

I think it depends on how large the collection is to how people will react.
I remember years ago visiting a friend's place, he was in his early 30's at the time. He had this entire bookcase unit, that was probably 3 metres wide or more, filled with WWE figures. I thought it was far too big a collection and especially seeing it was in the living room lol.

I think it will depend on the age of your friends, but I think the older they are, the less impressed they will be.

I think it depends on how large the collection is to how people will react.
I think it will depend on the age of your friends, but I think the older they are, the less impressed they will be.

This.
I've shown it to one buddy of mine (and my parents); I'm pushing 50, and my buddy (he and I are both bikers) is 64. When he saw it, he just stood there quietly for a moment, and then said: "You and I have different priorities; I'd rather spend my money on s!&t for my bike." To each his own. The only reason he saw it by the way is because he was coming over to watch a football game.

my buddies have seen my stuff but my heating repair man saw it the other day.
He asked what I do for a living and I told him I run a comic book store... out of my house Lol.

Never gotten a sideways look about it. Then again, I don't have a whole room dedicated to it. Just a few cool-looking toys on a shelf. Might be different if it looked like I lived in a comic book store.

SnakeDoc

I'm not embarrassed by it at all. I've even brought some to my car club to show off. I'm not sure they "get it", but what do I care?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've had nothing but praises. By Friends who are married have kids & others who are single. They loved my collection.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

A few friends have seen my collection and thought it was cool but have zero interest in collecting themselves. I think if you have it displayed nice it looks like classy art rather than a bunch of toys.

A few friends have seen my collection and thought it was cool but have zero interest in collecting themselves. I think if you have it displayed nice it looks like classy art rather than a bunch of toys.

Just so we're all aware ...i never ever looks like classy art and always looks like a bunch of toys :D

My friends look at them but doesn't say much. They are pretty impressed by the tumbler though. My collection is small(probably about 15 pieces) on display in an upstair theater room so it just kind of give it an ambiance.

The only one that have seen my collection are my close relatives. Most of them don't get it but they don't bother either. Probably some of my fiends will like it but I'm sure none of them will think is money well spent. And that makes me happy as I'm no collecting for impress anybody it is a personal hobby that IK passionate about.

The only one that have seen my collection are my close relatives. Most of them don't get it but they don't bother either. Probably some of my fiends will like it but I'm sure none of them will think is money well spent. And that makes me happy as I'm no collecting for impress anybody it is a personal hobby that IK passionate about.

LoL, "money well spent" only applies to life's necessities. Who thinks a 23 million dollar painting, a 16k purse, or a 20k bottle of wine to be money well spent?

My philosophy is that if you have the money and it was earned with hard work anything is money well spent. Paying 20millon for a painting could be as crazy as paying 200 for a figure. It all depends what are your priorities. Of course I will never spend money in figures if I couldn't support my family properly.

My philosophy is that if you have the money and it was earned with hard work anything is money well spent. Paying 20millon for a painting could be as crazy as paying 200 for a figure. It all depends what are your priorities. Of course I will never spend money in figures if I couldn't support my family properly.

Well said, so anything that floats your boat is money well spent to you. Of course there are things in life that can be universally agreed upon as money well spent like a professional degree that provides you with a comfortable income...but even the highschool drop out millionairs will disagree. As for materalistic things, to each their own.

I had family of my wife's visit about a month ago and one of my wife's cousins went to my Collectible room to pick up a dvd he would like to see. This kid is about 12 years old and he saw my Hot Toys on display. He did not praise them or anything, all he said was why do I have so many. I won't lie I felt like **** that im more like a kid then he is.

Growing up as a comic fan in the 90s I learned to keep the love of comics quiet and behind the scenes. My office is well organized but like many others, anyone who sees it doesn't understand the statues, figures, comics, etc. And I never tell people what I've paid for pieces haha.

I had family of my wife's visit about a month ago and one of my wife's cousins went to my Collectible room to pick up a dvd he would like to see. This kid is about 12 years old and he saw my Hot Toys on display. He did not praise them or anything, all he said was why do I have so many. I won't lie I felt like **** that im more like a kid then he is.

LOL I get the same from my 8-yr-old niece and my sister. "Why so many?" Makes me feel a bit guilty but they don't know how to appreciate the fine details and craftsmanship that bring these figures to life.

Back