Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand stepping on a bug by accident and hearing and feeling it squish under my feet let alone eat it.

I saw people eat those big grub worms before.

GAG!

They just heated them up to warm them. They supposedly had a nutty flavor to them.

No!

bear-grylls-eats-grub-o.gif

I think I just threw up a little. I saw a grub worm about that size a few months ago in the middle of the road. Couldn't believe how big it was.

I would rather just kill it and eat it whole (Pass it with soda or something. )

Or at least cut it in half and pass it down...... I would never chew on that :yuck

(that thing popped like a pimple.....)

I would rather just kill it and eat it whole (Pass it with soda or something. )

Or at least cut it in half and pass it down...... I would never chew on that :yuck

(that thing popped like a pimple.....)

He wasted the most nutritious part.

In Beijing one time I was fine with trying these:

china-beijing-scorpion-snack-comp-1068

...but didn't have the stomach to try these:

Deep-fried-scorpion-snack-001.jpg

I don't think they would've been gooey though - all those things are so heavily fried and heavily salted they're kind of like potato chips.

thailand had caramelized crickets...i must say they tasted better than caramelized nuts, for my liking.
the monkey brain desert thing and raw cobra heart aphrodisiac entree...now, that was a road not taken. i'll give it a go next time around. :lol

Bear Grills is the GMO-generation's manly man.

And it shows. Because he is a complete ****ing idiot.

90% of his bits look like Will Ferrel skits.

Oh come on man, you had to be even a little bit impressed by his self-administered enema to filter sea water into potable water :lol

I've had shark once. Loved it, but someone else cooked it. Don't think I can replicate it.

Oh yeah, I had shark soup once. Should have been called rubber in oil and salt soup though, it was horrendous :yuck

I assume though, anything can be made to taste great or taste terrible. I had a friend in school who grew up most of his life eating horse, much preferred it to beef. And around here mutton is extremely popular, I have had it prepared a handful of ways and think its awful :dunno

Preparation and personal taste are probably 50/50.

As far as eating domesticated animals like dogs and cats, I wouldn't be opposed to it if I heard they were great eating. Places that eat dogs and cats eat them because they are readily available and out of necessity not because they taste great. That's not to say they can't be prepared to taste good, but I'm not gonna run out and try and find the nearest pet restaurant. :lol

i had fake cheap azz cornbeef once.....60% horse meat. and i think 40% of it was card board. ketchup to the rescue and saves the day. :lol

The fish and chip shops here serve up shark by default quite often. Except they call it 'flake'.

It could be just the way it's cooked, but I never eat it anymore from fish and chip shops. Always go the grenadier instead.

I asked some friends about 5 Guys and they said it was not good.

Some friends are dumb.

Back