Any Future Stormtroopers in the Pipeline?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone mentioned? There is always a chance for ROTJ Stormies.

Or even Space Stormies from ANH.

On it! :D Going to be casting the parts up this fall to go with Vader next year! :rock

Well keep us all in the loop :wink1: the issue with the marmit out of a stiffer resin will be getting in on a body especially the leg and upper arm

Exactly. On 1:1 armor you need to open up the forearm part of the armor to fit on your hand and then on legs and so on. On Marmit you need to heat them up to make them soft to fit on legs and arms. You need to find a way to do avoid that.

There's no problem getting stiff armor onto a figure since hands and feet of the base body are always (easily) removable.

There's no problem getting stiff armor onto a figure since hands and feet of the base body are always (easily) removable.

That's not it. For the armor to stay well in place it needs to be tight enough. SS is a bit too large for the figures themselves. Marmit is better in this aspect

The armor needs to be padded up on the inside to better fit the body. This is how real armor would be worn as well.

IMO, the issue is only going to be with production. You can't cast ABS, or any thermoplastic for that matter, with the techniques commonly used at home for sculpts. The "right" way is to create steel injection molds, but that's not really a hobbiest endeavor. ;) So the next best step is some kind of multi-part resin.

Anyway, this sounds like an interesting possibility and I'm glad to see another person playing around with it. Just be careful not to attract too much attention.

Do you mean this guy? https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zero-G_assault_stormtrooper

I'd rather a proper iconic Stormtrooper that we've actually seen on screen myself.

**** no. he meant these
Stormtrooper_Space.jpg

Good, that's MUCH better. Regular Stormtrooper with some extra weapons and a jet pack.

wookiepedia said:
Behind the scenes
The Hasbro 2009 version of the Spacetrooper [...] looks like an ordinary Stormtrooper but with jetpack and attachable breathing apparatus. He is armed with E-11 blaster rifle and a weapon which resembles a grenade launcher from the Battlefront series.

Hopefully Sideshow is tooling around with something behind the scenes. I'd hate to see a HT version for so many reasons, not the least of which is their likely limited production run compared to what Sideshow might offer. It's doubtful HT would touch a generic army-builder character like this anyway, even if Sideshow and Hasbro let them.

Will you be selling your stormies here in the forum or on eBay?

I regret not grabbing any sandtroopers. I hope they do make more Stormtroopers, in one form or another, soon.

Which 1/6 scale Stormtrooper currently available is the best to go with the Sideshow Deluxe Dart Vader?

Which 1/6 scale Stormtrooper currently available is the best to go with the Sideshow Deluxe Dart Vader?

Honestly, whichever one you have in hand. They all resell for sufficiently high prices that from a financial standpoint they're about equal. From build quality perspective you probably have Sideshow. From a screen accuracy perspective, you probably have Marmit ahead. The ultimate in quality and accuracy and general human-looking-ness is probably a combination of those two and some additional kit-bashed parts. Look sat Solo_Bones troopers for amazing examples.

Back