Any chance of Hot Toys doing figures for Watchmen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I thought it would be a cool idea. A nice REAL surprise to look forward to. In fact, I'm going to email them right now......

:D

Oh, I get your reasoning and it actually makes sense. I'm just saying... it opens up way too many cans of worms. EXPENSIVE and frustrating ones.

Email them and I will throw you into an Intrinsic Field Subtractor. And unless you're a former watchmaker with a genius IQ you'll be fooked. :lol

Oh, I get your reasoning and it actually makes sense. I'm just saying... it opens up way too many cans of worms. EXPENSIVE and frustrating ones.

Email them and I will throw you into an Intrinsic Field Subtractor. And unless you're a former watchmaker with a genius IQ you'll be fooked. :lol

:rotfl

We need some Watchmen smilies.

True though, I myself would probably be seeking the complete set, but would be cool. Even cooler if they give us about eight variant masked heads with one figure. :)

Either way, JUST ANNOUNCE THEM ALREADY!!?

It'd be a dream to get a ton of Rorschach heads. Kind of like that Medicom (or was it?) Jack Skeleton figure.

Different heads/masks will be easy enough to customize.

What about a Prison Rorschach for the unmasked head? Personally I'd rather it included with a reg trench Rorschach, but it would be a sneaky way to get us to buy yet another version.

Different heads/masks will be easy enough to customize.

What about a Prison Rorschach for the unmasked head? Personally I'd rather it included with a reg trench Rorschach, but it would be a sneaky way to get us to buy yet another version.

I know it's probably wishful thinking but I'd just as soon not see double releases of ANY character unless at least the core six are done first. Making 2-3 Rorschach figures but no Nite Owl, Ozy or Manhattan would be a big FAIL.

They can pull off a pretty definitive Comedian (modern version) with just one release by including two different heads: 1) younger/unmasked; 2) older with domino mask.

My wishlist would be for the line to go far more extensively than any other including the Minutemen and multiples but what I see them doing is definitely Rorschach, Manhattan, Silk Spectre II, Modern Comedian. For some reason I think those are the four locks. Next in line being Ozy and Nite Owl II which would hopefully have the "Snow" Owl Variant.

I want the core 6 too before any variants.

I think Rorschach is a lock as most likely figure followed by Comedian. I think Nite Owl next. I figure HT will love to tackle his costume esp after their recent run on The Dark Knight. The alternate mask and Snow robe would be great to include. Silk Specter I'm guessing next, just because she's the only female and her costume is challenging. Dr. M is quite iconic but I'm not sure what HT would do with him? Not much more than a blue guy with muscle body. Hardly any accessories or costume? Ozzy, despite his role in the story is at the bottom of the list. I'd love him to come with Bubastis! :rock

this is just being begged to be made... or maybe i'm begging for it? :lol

31853dj6.jpg

Would be the first female in my collection... (unless they release Scarlett from the Spirit.)

this is just being begged to be made... or maybe i'm begging for it? :lol

31853dj6.jpg

Would be the first female in my collection... (unless they release Scarlett from the Spirit.)

If she looked like that, i'd get her.

And I want that Snow Owl so bad....

Another Watchmen figure line?

I read this over at CTR concerning Watchmen merchandise:

"Thankfully, this time we can do so with a shelf full of figures from DC Direct, a pile of collectibles from NECA, and a small space reserved for another toymaker that has yet to officially announce their upcoming line of Watchmen figures. "

Full scoop here: https://cooltoyreview.com/story/fro...ollectors_Get_Their_Day_In_The_Sun_120730.asp

It's that last line that really intrigues me. Given it reads "small space", so I wouldn't be surprised if it were Mini-Mates, but Hot Toys did do both Batman films and Superman Returns and the Spirit, etc. Watchmen seems it would be right up their ally...

HOWEVER It also occurs to me that Mattel has some new super secret 6-inch line planned that they intend to announce at one of the Cons, I think NYCC. So take that as you will...

My guesses are Hot Toys, Mini Mates and then Mattel. Definitely one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Another Watchmen figure line...

Its not Mattel. They have already stated DCD is doing the Watchmen and they won't. Their mystery line is an 80's toy line (like MOTU) they are updating.

I think the "small space" is tounge in cheeck. Its Hot Toys and we all know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back