Any chance of Hot Toys doing figures for Watchmen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I would say that given HT's history that they'd easily leave out Laurie but they just debuted a new female body and given the look of the character if they wanted to do rooted hair on women she'd be perfect. I have a strong feeling that Laurie will get done it just in place of who...

Hmm, beg to differ. She's a large part of John's motivation - and she also drives Dan's return to heroing. Much like Rachel Dawes....

...wait a minute.

But, she's much hotter than TDK Rachel, and she's got a great costume!

1) She was meant to sleep with John, John can see the past, present, and future so he knew what he was already going to do. Laurie couldn't ever grasp that, but I do suppose she was necessary for John to change his mind.

2) Rorschach showing up at his place seemed to rekindle Dan's interest first. Though, like you said, I suppose she does drive him further than Rorschach did.

I'd still say that of the 6 main characters, she is the least likey to get made. Rorschach, John, and the Comedian are all but guranteed though. Not even sure on Dan and Ozzy though. I imagine we will see them though, that would give us 5 (like TDK). I'd say at that point Spectre would be obvious, but then again HT never made a Barbossa.

Buttmuch, you're nuts dude. You're still on that TDK high. Silk Spectre is an actual costumed superhero who gets dolled up and goes out and kicks bad guy ass, which is much cooler and more important than some snotty Assistant DA who wears pant-suits. :lol

She's also hotter and a classic, multi-layered character created by Alan Moore instead of a contrived female love interest crafted by David Goyer because Hollywood can't seem to allow any Batman movie to be made without.

Thus Silk Spectre > Rachel Dawes. And that goes for Silk Spectre I as well.

:lecture

Buttmuch, you're nuts dude. You're still on that TDK high. Silk Spectre is an actual costumed superhero who gets dolled up and goes out and kicks bad guy ass, which is much cooler and more important than some snotty Assistant DA who wears pant-suits. :lol

She's also hotter and a classic, multi-layered character created by Alan Moore instead of a contrived female love interest crafted by David Goyer because Hollywood can't seem to allow any Batman movie to be made without.

Thus Silk Spectre > Rachel Dawes. And that goes for Silk Spectre I as well.

:lecture

I do agree with you though. I'm just saying Rachael was a very important part of TDK/BB and yet she is getting no merchandise. Granted, as you said, she would just be a chick in a suit. Whereas Silk Spectre would at least be in a costume.

There is a big difference there though. What kid is going to say I want a Rachel Dawes figure so it can romance Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent! or I want a Rachel Dawes figure so she can practice law! Not even girls go for that let alone boys. Silk Spectre II is an actual superhero who we will see kick ass and do her thing on screen, she is an actual part of the plot instead of a catalyst for events. That is why Rachel gets no product because no one would support it, only your hardcore Batfans would pay $150 for a Rachel figure. While Laurie on the other hand completes the Watchmen line up.

Another HT Newsletter come and gone and not a hint of Watchmen....:(

Its early though. It seemed like with the Spirit, we heard a rumor they were making them, saw pics from some show, and got the announcement with full figure pics.

So :dunno

But they made the Spirit and TDK, both DC films, so making Watchmen seems like a no brainer. The only question is who, or which two, is/are the first figure(s) going to be? I'd guess Rorschach, but the Comedian and Dr. Manhatten seem to be popular too.

Give me all of them and any of them HT. Rape me of some more cash. :D

Particularly Roscharch and Comedian, but any will do.

This is one of those rare properties where I would collect the entire line. Can't wait. With Watchmen, you can't really just get one.

Remember, Iron Man was announced AFTER the film came out and the Dark Knight figures not too long before the film came out (with figures coming out the week of the film's release). Spirit was announced before the film came out, but the figures still haven't come out. So there is not pattern to Hot Toys' announcements. I'm sure we'll see Watchmen figures from then, but I just don't know when.

Keep the faith!Nobodies queuing up to deny it either are they?

But they made the Spirit and TDK, both DC films, so making Watchmen seems like a no brainer.

Carl (IrishJedi) unofficially already confirmed that he received direct word that HT is creating figures for Watchmen. We are just waiting for an official announcement.

The only question is who, or which two, is/are the first figure(s) going to be? I'd guess Rorschach, but the Comedian and Dr. Manhatten seem to be popular too.

I would assume that Rorschach and The Comedian would be the first two figures released. If they release an alternative headsculpt showing Rorschach's real face then they might have to wait until after the film is released not to ruin the surprise for those fans who are just casual viewers. After seeing the BRJ figure its possible that the Comedian would have two headsculpts as well a young and an old version with scarring which also would ruin some of the story for the casual viewer...

The interesting thing will be Dr. Manhattan who will probably be in a full rubber suit which before was used as underneath items.....

Rorschach needs at least 2 heads, masked and unmasked.

Comedian at least 2, scarred, unscarred w/ mask. I'd like an old and young too, but have they ever included more than 2 heads?
Ozzy, 2, masked and unmasked.

A masked and unmasked Nite Owl would be cool as well, but I don't see it happening.

At least with Comedian and Ozzy they'll be easy enough to customize the masks should HT fail to include them.

I'd love Silk Specter to have rooted hair. She and Dr. M are the 2 I worry about he most. It just won't be the same if they make 2/3 of the crew.

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if Rorschach, or any of them came with more than 1 head. 2 head deals seems to be something Hot Toys only does on second release.

What I really think would be neat is if Hot Toys made the main character from the pirate subplot. Make it very stylish, as if it jumped off the pages of the comic.

I'd be very surprised if Rorschach, or any of them came with more than 1 head. 2 head deals seems to be something Hot Toys only does on second release.

Both Batmen, Iron Man, Two Face and Kane spring to mind. If the character calls for it, they have tended to include the second head.

Oh yeah, forgot about those alter ego types. I guess that could work, but Ive got a hunch that if we saw Rorschach unmasked, it'd be in a non trench coat

Rorschach should have one masked head, (or two with variant designs), an unmasked head and a half masked 'sugar-eating' mode head. :)

HT should just put out random inkblot designs on the masked head, would be a nice surprise not knowing what you will get.

Ugh. I hope not...I could see myself with multiple Rorschachs to have all the inkblots and a crying wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back