Any 1/4 scale collectors do their collecting while living in an apartment?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amphion

Super Freak
Reaction score
I live in a one bedroom apartment and not a house and while I only collect Star Wars 1/4 and I am pretty picky, I still feel like space is a giant problem.

I have a wall dedicated to besta units and that works okay but the boxes are a huge issue. Thinking of renting space to store them.

Just wanted to hear from any apartment collectors to get some ideas.

I live in an apartment (spacious for an apartment, but not that spacious) and indeed displaying figures and statues is becoming more and more tricky. A couple of my statues are still sitting in their boxes until I figure out where to place extra detolfs or shelves. Still, I'd rather have a collectible boxed and in my possession that not have it at all... You can always rotate them.

As for the boxes, thankfully my apartment has a small storage area and big closets. But I, too, am thinking of moving the boxes either to my parents' house or a storage space somewhere.

I also live in a 1bd appt. It has become an issue lately. My 3 bestas and 3 detolfs took over the living room. I have decided to slow down my collecting until I figure out a better way to display my statues/figures. I hope in the next year I can move either to a two bedroom or buy a house (no, I'm not planning to buy a house because of my collection I just think is the right time for me and my S.O.)

I moved from a house on the East Coast to a nice sized Apartment in Texas. I'm able to display 95% of my stuff, but am running out of space. I have things on order so it looks like I'll be doing the rotation trick. With the house, I was able to store the boxes in the basement. Now I'm renting a storage unit. It's crazy, the storage unit is 10' by 10' with 15' ceiling height-my boxes take up more that half of it while the other half is my wife and daughters stuff. When I go to the space, I sometimes look at all my boxes and question my sanity with this hobby.

How secure are storage units? I struggle with space at the moment but am heavily against not being with my stuff. And oh yeah the money i pay to store my stuff could be used to buy more figs so theres that too.

Back