Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I'm lothe to think of Hank Pym as a nutty professor it's easier to market than Hank Pym the wife beater.

I guess we won't be seeing Cap kick his ass anytime soon.

What is this about him being a wife beater? I've seen it brought up a few times.

Flosi, we're talking the movies here. If they were going strictly by those, they should've been in the first one.

It's too bad we have to wait almost 3 years to find out. :(

I look at it this way, if they can make the Hulk and Thor work with Hawkeye and Black Widow there's PLENTY of room for a character like Ant Man, but I do understand where you're coming from.

What is this about him being a wife beater? I've seen it brought up a few times.

Jim Shooter has tried to deny it but there was an issue of the Avengers where Hank struck Janet (the Wasp).

Mark Millar followed up on this in "The Ultimates" where Hank was driven to rage by Janet's crush on Steve Rogers. He beats the crap out of her and she shrinks to hide. He puts on a helmet and sends a group of ants to attack her while he sprays her with insect killer. She winds up in a hospital.

And then Cap finds out....

Trust me, you need to read it. It is an epic beat down.

I look at it this way, if they can make the Hulk and Thor work with Hawkeye and Black Widow there's PLENTY of room for a character like Ant Man, but I do understand where you're coming from.
Yeah, that would be my point of view, as well. You've got an invincible god, a guy with a magical suit of armor who can blow up tanks and buildings, and a guy many times stronger or faster than any other human being teamed up with some well trained soldiers. C'mon now. It's ridiculous. But it works in the movie. At least Ant-Man has super powers. And of course, he isn't just Ant-Man. He's also Giant-Man. And he was both one of the original Avengers, but one of the most consistent Avengers to remain with the team in different incarnations over the years. Black Widow and Hulk are far less essential and more tacked on than Ant-Man would be as part of what the team was in the comics.

Prof. X, Doom, Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Namor and Strange are the smartest guys in the Marvel universe. You should probably add Pym to that list. They're refered to as Marvel's Illuminati. That's an aspect I'd like to see featured in the future movies.

(Of course it would be even better if the Fox controlled characters were allowed to appear)

I'm not dissing on him, I just don't know if his "powers" are a good fit with the team they have assembled now. It's hard for me to explain it. The team they have now (movie) have powers that in a way are kinda believable, or possibly could happen in a sense. Some of them don't even have "super" powers at all. Iron Man has a special suit, Hawkeye and Widow are assassins, Thor is an "alien", Cap is a man made super soldier and Hulk...well, has anger issues due to experimentation. Now, add in, say, Ant-Man, who can grow big or small and can control ants. Being someone who isn't into comics, as most people who saw The Avengers aren't, I just think it makes me not take it as seriously. I try to picture him in The Avengers movie, and I just can't see it without going....ummmmmmm no. He grows big and stomps on the aliens. He grows small and gets in Loki's ear. No.

Now if he was part of the Guardians, I would say he would fit better since, if I'm not mistaken, all of them have super powers.

As for the cartoon. I don't watch cartoons as much any more, especially ones like that. Disney or Pixar movies is about as far as I go. I don't even watch South Park as faithfully as I used to.

No, I get what you're saying. But that's why I suggested the cartoon, which - :nana: - is technically a Disney cartoon. Watch it and see how Pym interacts with the rest of the group. A measly 22 minute investment to explain the dynamic.

Yeah, that would be my point of view, as well. You've got an invincible god, a guy with a magical suit of armor who can blow up tanks and buildings, and a guy many times stronger or faster than any other human being teamed up with some well trained soldiers. C'mon now. It's ridiculous. But it works in the movie. At least Ant-Man has super powers. And of course, he isn't just Ant-Man. He's also Giant-Man. And he was both one of the original Avengers, but one of the most consistent Avengers to remain with the team in different incarnations over the years. Black Widow and Hulk are far less essential and more tacked on than Ant-Man would be as part of what the team was in the comics.

This is no Christopher Nolan comic adaptation. Ant-Man doesn't stand out to me as weird in this universe. I did say his powers and name to a non-comic reader sound lame, but that little test footage video has me sold. It'll be awesome and different from the typical powers we see in these movies.

I honestly think that Rocket Raccoon guy in Guardians is a more bizarre addition to this universe :dunno

Nam, do you honestly see him as part of The Avengers though? And I mean on film. I just don't see it. A stand alone film yes, but part of The Avengers, I just can't picture someone with those abilities part of that.

I would have rather seen him in The Avengers instead of Black Widow or Hawkeye.

Like Flosi said he was there from the beginning....

images

I would have rather seen him in The Avengers instead of Black Widow or Hawkeye.

Like Flosi said he was there from the beginning....

images

Exactly, if they can make Hawkeye and Black Widow work with the Avengers They can make ant-man work.
I much rather see him than Hawkeye for example, if they never used Hawkeye again I would not miss him. but Ant-man would be really interesting to see, just because his powers are so different from what people are used to seeing.

Prof. X, Doom, Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Namor and Strange are the smartest guys in the Marvel universe. You should probably add Pym to that list. They're refered to as Marvel's Illuminati. That's an aspect I'd like to see featured in the future movies.

(Of course it would be even better if the Fox controlled characters were allowed to appear)

Shhhhhhh.....don't say that word. You'll have "you know who" in here. :panic:

I know. That's because for some reason they think keeping him will keep out other characters from the comics.

**** THAT HAWKEYE GUY! **** HIM! :pray:

:D

Hes a core Avenger and I actually hope he gets more action and development in the next movie.

I know. That's because for some reason they think keeping him will keep out other characters from the comics.

**** THAT HAWKEYE GUY! **** HIM! :pray:

:D

I don't know, In Avengers he went from good to evil to good again. and it was like watching Bella from Twilight, I did not see anything different from evil Hawkeye to good Hawkeye.
also, why make him evil? is almost like the movie itself was saying "we need this guy to do something, Let's make him evil" it was like he was not good enough to be with the group.

i actually wish they make a hawkeye/black widow movie, expand on the line from the movie where she say to hawkeye "just like budapest all over again"

I don't know, In Avengers he went from good to evil to good again. and it was like watching Bella from Twilight, I did not see anything different from evil Hawkeye to good Hawkeye.
also, why make him evil? is almost like the movie itself was saying "we need this guy to do something, Let's make him evil" it was like he was not good enough to be with the group.

Bella from Twilight? Are you kidding me? I know you hate the guy, but give it a break already.

Bella from Twilight? Are you kidding me? I know you hate the guy, but give it a break already.

I don't hate the actor or even the character but I hate how they used him for the movie. That's what makes me hate him is how he never really changed. He felt the same good or evil. it was kinda boring. :monkey3

Back