Ant-Man: The Movie is official!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:

Ohhh. That'd be a good one. Who else would you like to see on that team?
Well Silver Surfer rights most likely are stuck with Fox, but supposedly Namor is not part of the FF agreement (or at least, that's what some on this board have said). If true, Strange, Hulk, and Namor are essential. I think Nighthawk and Valkyrie would be a nice way to round out the team, but the movie may be better served just playing the main (available) three against each other, considering that none of them really get along very well with others for different reasons. Namor should just constantly insult the other guys all movie long, and should knock the **** out of Bruce Banner at some point.

I am very excited for this movie, think this could be one of marvel's best. I think they will release the test footage soon with the effects finished (at least i hope)

Well Silver Surfer rights most likely are stuck with Fox, but supposedly Namor is not part of the FF agreement (or at least, that's what some on this board have said). If true, Strange, Hulk, and Namor are essential. I think Nighthawk and Valkyrie would be a nice way to round out the team, but the movie may be better served just playing the main (available) three against each other, considering that none of them really get along very well with others for different reasons. Namor should just constantly insult the other guys all movie long, and should knock the **** out of Bruce Banner at some point.

Namor would be awesome

Ant man can be cool, check out irredeemable ant man by Robert Kirkman was a great book that showed ant man could be cool

Heh. Pretty neat video. The idea of it and the name sounds ridiculous, but a live-action movie with that sorta action could be tons of fun.

And it has to be a lead in for ultron surely, next question who would we like to see and more importantly who do we think we will see as pym/ant-man

Heh. Pretty neat video. The idea of it and the name sounds ridiculous, but a live-action movie with that sorta action could be tons of fun.

Agreed. Especially if he also becomes Giant Man later on too! Can you imagine that? :yess:

So, Ant-Man is boring, but Dr. Strange is gonna get the comic fan-base all pumped up somehow? :lol

Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Strange. But that's because he's a weirdo and a loser as much as anything else. I would kill to see a dysfunctional trainwreck of a Defenders team appear on the big screen.

Well, I'm picturing how a movie might turn out, from a visual standpoint. We got Strange floating around in a giant red levitating cape, we have his transition from "I am teh uber-est!" a-la Stark, to the mystical hero we have [or had] now. He has had a rocky rite of passage not unlike Stark's.

We got Dormammu [imagine him on screen, omg], we got Omar, so we have some evil sex-appeal - we got The Dark Dimension, magical tyranny and more special effects galore. We got Strange + Clea, so we can work some angsty romance in, for those who want to see that. Spells! Dimensional rifts! Magical objects! Eternal pain! Curses!

With Ant-man, we got.... a guy who bamfs between huge, regular-size and tiny. This does not capture my imagination in the way Strange does, this is why the idea of an Ant-man movie kind of leaves me scratching my head. There are so many more people in the Marvel U. more deserving of a movie, but what do I know.

Last edited:
I think Ramatuelle and Nova are sharing the same hookah. :lol

Not at all.

Nova loves, and stands for, all that the ordinary person finds completely bonkers. What you love, he hates. What he hates, you love. General you there. Not one of his opinions does not leave me scratching my head; it is as though he and I are from different planets.

So I have my faults, but kinship with that person is not one of 'em. :snake

Not at all.

Nova loves, and stands for, all that the ordinary person finds completely bonkers. What you love, he hates. What he hates, you love. General you there. Not one of his opinions does not leave me scratching my head; it is as though he and I are from different planets.

So I have my faults, but kinship with that person is not one of 'em. :snake

:lol I think the problem might be that you're trying to see this in the lame light as the other films. If Pegg's starring, look at Ant Man as potentially Marvel's entry into comedy. Picture a scientist who comes up with the wonderful idea of turning himself into a giant and shrinking himself to a microscopic level. Then picture all the issues he might have and situations he'll get into not being able to control that ability. Throw in a villain and a heroic storyline and you have a great movie.

seeing as Edgar Wright is going to direct this movie and non of his movies have disappointed me im definetly looking foward to this movie. its going to be great :rock

:lol I think the problem might be that you're trying to see this in the lame light as the other films. If Pegg's starring, look at Ant Man as potentially Marvel's entry into comedy. Picture a scientist who comes up with the wonderful idea of turning himself into a giant and shrinking himself to a microscopic level. Then picture all the issues he might have and situations he'll get into not being able to control that ability. Throw in a villain and a heroic storyline and you have a great movie.

Nam, do you honestly see him as part of The Avengers though? And I mean on film. I just don't see it. A stand alone film yes, but part of The Avengers, I just can't picture someone with those abilities part of that.

Nam, do you honestly see him as part of The Avengers though? And I mean on film. I just don't see it. A stand alone film yes, but part of The Avengers, I just can't picture someone with those abilities part of that.

Absolutely! I'm just hoping he won't be relegated to comedic relief. I know it's a cartoon, but you guys dissing on Pym should really check out an episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to see just how well he jives with the team.

Should be fun! :rock

Funny that Marvel Studios is moving forward with B-Listers in their own films while other studios can't get characters like Daredevil, FF and Silver Surfer on the screen.... I home MS gets everything back one day soon. :pray:

He's an original member, Ween... He and Wasp need to be in a future Avengers release.

As much as I'm lothe to think of Hank Pym as a nutty professor it's easier to market than Hank Pym the wife beater.

I guess we won't be seeing Cap kick his ass anytime soon.

Absolutely! I'm just hoping he won't be relegated to comedic relief. I know it's a cartoon, but you guys dissing on Pym should really check out an episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes to see just how well he jives with the team.

I'm not dissing on him, I just don't know if his "powers" are a good fit with the team they have assembled now. It's hard for me to explain it. The team they have now (movie) have powers that in a way are kinda believable, or possibly could happen in a sense. Some of them don't even have "super" powers at all. Iron Man has a special suit, Hawkeye and Widow are assassins, Thor is an "alien", Cap is a man made super soldier and Hulk...well, has anger issues due to experimentation. Now, add in, say, Ant-Man, who can grow big or small and can control ants. Being someone who isn't into comics, as most people who saw The Avengers aren't, I just think it makes me not take it as seriously. I try to picture him in The Avengers movie, and I just can't see it without going....ummmmmmm no. He grows big and stomps on the aliens. He grows small and gets in Loki's ear. No.

Now if he was part of the Guardians, I would say he would fit better since, if I'm not mistaken, all of them have super powers.

As for the cartoon. I don't watch cartoons as much any more, especially ones like that. Disney or Pixar movies is about as far as I go. I don't even watch South Park as faithfully as I used to.

He's an original member, Ween... He and Wasp need to be in a future Avengers release.

Flosi, we're talking the movies here. If they were going strictly by those, they should've been in the first one.

It's too bad we have to wait almost 3 years to find out. :(

Back