1/6 ANOTHER DX Heath Ledger Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it's really a 4th attempt at the regular purple outfit again.

I remember thinking the whole "DX 01" was ridiculous. I thought the V1 + Bank Robber combo was just fine. We had the signature knife, the machine gun, the glock and cards, not to mention the grenades and Bank Robber gear.

20081011024343145.jpg

Just that simple swap (and taking off sports jacket) was miles better than this,

6DK_TheJoker_12inches.jpg

I definitely thought the DX 01 felt like a ****ty cash grab initially. I was in it for the Police Honor Guard look. I still remember that teaser and thinking it was only going to be the honor guard. After about a week or so of the specs/pics, I thought it was whatever. I thought the straps and grenade rig were a nice touch.

3_MMSDXJoker7.jpg

Then we got the DX "2.0" (really their 4th attempt and 5th Ledger Joker overall) and didn't really bat an eye. It didn't surprise me at all and I wasn't even pissed like I was with the DX 01. The whole Kato thing was a gimmick, but it looked good and pretty much had "everything".

80224947.jpeg

Nothing they do surprises me anymore. After this new DX Joker, I fully expect a "DX 4.0" or some ****. They'll milk it till they lose the license and I'll buy (and keep) everyone of them.

For this one, it wouldn't surprise me if they try and advertise it's "newness" with an RPG or lead pipe or some crap. Something that could have easily been included with the DX 11 release.

Agree on all points Fabiola.

Well it's hinted at being an interrogation version so I imagine most of the 'DX-ness' will be some form of cell diorama.

Unless he comes as a 2 pack with the fat guy he plants the bomb inside.

What 'version' was DX11 if not an Interrogation version? It sure looked like an interrogation joker to me what with the table and chair, the backdrop, the ungloved hands, the smeared makeup.....

Yep.

But I imagine it won't have the purple coat or jacket, will have a big diorama and likely some exclusive accessories. RPG for example.

Still hoping for a redux BR or a Nurse though.

Yep.

But I imagine it won't have the purple coat or jacket, will have a big diorama and likely some exclusive accessories. RPG for example.

Still hoping for a redux BR or a Nurse though.

Would be kinda lame to get the RPG and not get the coats he has on in that very scene. But if it is an interrogation version, what kind of stuff could it have that the DX11 didn't?

i could see them including the jail diorama is the major or 'second' outfit for the DX. i hope it's not barebones like the DX14 but who knows with HT anymore? I really hope they don't rehas another purple suit but i'm sure they will eventually.

No idea. I'm just spitballing off the notion this is the version they are doing.

No logic to me. Hopeful for a nurse or BR redo.

Would be kinda lame to get the RPG and not get the coats he has on in that very scene. But if it is an interrogation version, what kind of stuff could it have that the DX11 didn't?

maybe he'll come with the jail cell, broken shards of glass, flying paperwork from the explosion in the MCU lol.

Jail Cell would be stupid. We already got those clothes and the potato peeler.

Do we really need a cardboard background of some fat dudes in a holding cell?

MCDDAKN_EC002_H.JPG_src.jpg

Hot Toys: YUP!

They seem to be on a mission to do everything that customisers have done with this character so a jail-cell dio actually doesn't seem out of the question.

I know everyone's clamoring for another Bank Robber Joker, but I can also see them easily doing a Final Battle version. Throw in some dogs and an iron/lead pipe, and that could easily work as a DX release. Throw in an RPG for good measure if that's not enough. Hell for all I know, I might actually cave in for a Joker now since I don't really foresee any other desirable 1/6 release for me in the future (barring a potential 1/6 Magneto and 1/6 Ultron figure if the character turns out to be a great movie depiction of my all-time favorite).

I know everyone's clamoring for another Bank Robber Joker, but I can also see them easily doing a Final Battle version. Throw in some dogs and an iron/lead pipe, and that could easily work as a DX release. Throw in an RPG for good measure if that's not enough. Hell for all I know, I might actually cave in for a Joker now since I don't really foresee any other desirable 1/6 release for me in the future (barring a potential 1/6 Magneto and 1/6 Ultron figure if the character turns out to be a great movie depiction of my all-time favorite).
A final battle Joker would still be the same basic Joker look we've seen before though. I could see it if the DX11 wouldn't have just came out but I don't see why they'd revisit a figure so soon.

A final battle Joker would still be the same basic Joker look we've seen before though. I could see it if the DX11 wouldn't have just came out but I don't see why they'd revisit a figure so soon.

........that's my point though. For all we know, HT could just milk the hell out of the DX 11 parts while correcting some of the little remaining inaccuracies of the figure. Throw in a new head sculpt and some new accessories and it's an easy way of making a new figure.

That, or we might get a redux of past offerings like BR Joker. That said, I honestly don't see them making jail cell Joker as some might think considering how DX 11 covers the better part of that jail segment (the interrogation that is).

Back