Another custom Chewbacca...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deniz

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
well, here is our walking carpet friend with some realdeal fur.

Applying the fur to the body was easy, to the face & the head were tricky. He didn't come out %100 exactly the way I wanted but I'm quite content with him now.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

To give an idea about the height. Left is a Dragon figure, right is SS Kit Fisto... Maybe he might be a little taller but it will be a hell to remove the fur, raise the legs 1/3inch and re-apply the fur, so I think I'll leave his height as is for now :)

size.jpg

he looks great! honestly not sure he looks facially a lot like chewie. i'm sure thats nearly impossible. but overall great!

:clap Nice!

Only 2 things seem kinda strange: the face (which is still better than most Chewie's out there) and the grey patches on the fur; I don't remember him having any grey patches like that.

Still a very cool custom, maybe someday I'll get around to trying my own custom Chewbacca.

I think he looks great. The fur color choices are good (he has so many different looks it is so hard to capture in 1/6) and you did a really nice job overall. Is he on the otc body with added elbow articulation ?

Thanks for the comments guys :)

I think he looks great. The fur color choices are good (he has so many different looks it is so hard to capture in 1/6) and you did a really nice job overall. Is he on the otc body with added elbow articulation ?

Body is ROTS Hasbro Chewbacca.
This one: https://www.obroa-skai.net/swreference/pix/HMAF/HROS-F12Chewbacca.jpg

I added elbow arculation. I was planning to add knee arculation too but either way there are many few or no poses of him that he'll need knee arculation so I didn't bother.

On my first try, he became very bulky. I sanded down the body as much as it can be done (there is only a thin layer of plastic left on the body) and re-apply the fur.

Nice custom! What kind of fur did you use?

The fur I used is called "Darice". A faux fur for handcrafts. It is sold 9"x9" pieces (or 9"x12", I'm not sure now :)), cut n' glue type. 3 pieces of brown and 1 piece of grey were required on my this walking carpet project.

Top Chewie man.. One of the hardest custom figures to do in my opinion. But you have done really really well most impressed

:)

Awesome chewie, i tried hair once and it was an ass so doing a full body and making it look as good as that is god like :hi5:

The fur I used is called "Darice". A faux fur for handcrafts. It is sold 9"x9" pieces (or 9"x12", I'm not sure now :)), cut n' glue type. 3 pieces of brown and 1 piece of grey were required on my this walking carpet project.[/QUOTE]

Try cutting the hair off the backing before you apply it. You use alot more sheets ( about 9 for and entire figure,but you can make him appear a little thinner over all. It makes it a little easier ( though still a pain) to do the head and face area too. Try sanding/dremmeling down the area at the bottom of the head as well. Do as much as you possibly can It helps reduce the flared out section under his neck. Great Job, keep up the good work.....

Back