Announcement Prediction Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I should've been more clear.

Yeah I meant HTs themselves aren't gonna make PT.

The story was Disney isn't gonna give HTs PT license. They could give it to anyone else but wants HTs to be on OT and ST

Yea I don't think that story is right. If the license is available anyone can bid on it. And Disney couldn't say no just becuase they wanted hot toys to focus on something else. And they wouldn't. Especially given the press that hot toys is generating for them. If hot toys wanted it they would get it. They can spend more then anyone else. And Disney wouldn't withhold and risk messing the relationship up. Whomever you heard this from doesn't understand the way licenses work or the relationship side of business. Sounds like more fan boy conspiracy based on their personal dislike for the prequels. Not any actual knowledge

Motux get Howard on the horn and instruct him to obtain the license to make:

6143804-3x2-940x627.jpg

:lecture

Motux, I have a question. I was under the impression that these licensing deals cover all films. How does it actually work? Do companies have to get them from each individual movie or all of them at once?

Motux, I have a question. I was under the impression that these licensing deals cover all films. How does it actually work? Do companies have to get them from each individual movie or all of them at once?

Each film is an individual license. Becuase each film has unique investors, sub studio partners, vfx companies, actors, directors, ect that may or may not have merchandise deals. Each film also has its own unique tax iD. Legally each film is a company. So any merch or promo or licensing has to be individually tracked.

It's insanely complicated crap man.

Huge POTC fan, would sell my IM's off before them easily if push came to shove. Jack the monkey is a bawz!

Ah. That's cool. Great films. My family studio worked on two of them. And has done some subcontracting set building for the new one. I didn't work on them though.

I'll ask if they have any plans for potc going forward. If bet they do. At least the next one. Depp and The producer are both great at giving low cost licensing deals or low risk ones to help companies. And I've heard Depp likes hot toys. Nice guy, but odd.

Ah. That's cool. Great films. My family studio worked on two of them. And has done some subcontracting set building for the new one. I didn't work on them though.

I'll ask if they have any plans for potc going forward. If bet they do. At least the next one. Depp and The producer are both great at giving low cost licensing deals or low risk ones to help companies. And I've heard Depp likes hot toys. Nice guy, but odd.

Good deal. With another film around the corner I'm expecting another Sparrow but Hector needs to be made. They made 2 Sao Feng's FFS!
LMFAO!

The first movie was great. Barbossa should have been a no brainer for 1/6 really, can't believe they made that Angelica chick.

Last edited:
I was really surprised to find out that Disney will not own the film rights to A New Hope because Lucas actually signed that over to Fox when it was being made. They still don't own the rights to the other 5 films until 2020 either.

Luckily Lucas was smart enough to keep the rights to merchandising an any sequels that could be made. Fox must still be kicking themselves that they didn't buy all the rights at the beginning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back