Ani-Com HK Expo 2011 - Hot Toys Batman Begins Exclusive Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but an upgrade OC Bats would spit in fans faces who may have paid ridiculous secondary market prices for him.

I am not one of them.

So bring it on :D

Hahaha
HT gives us upgraded versions of older figures all the time. In fact, the OC Batman from TDK was actually an upgrade of the previous Begins figure.

Any rubber suited figure deserves (and demands!) an updated release, IMO. In collectors get pissy about it, then let them. I've got DX Bats and OC Bats and would be happy as a lark if HT gave us better versions without rubber suits. I honestly don't feel much sympathy for those upset about their figures decreasing in value. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but that's not why I collect. I just want the best figure on the shelf possible.

New to this whole scene, so forgive my ignorance. Since this will be an Exclusive, how will average joes like me be able to get it? eBay? Or will we be able to pre-order it?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for R'as. I wouldn't buy a Bruce or Gordon...
Last time, eBay and Toys2 carried them. So did BBTS eventually. But secondary retailers ended up charging more than eBay sellers based in Asia, so I would suggest just going with eBay.

HT gives us upgraded versions of older figures all the time. In fact, the OC Batman from TDK was actually an upgrade of the previous Begins figure.

Any rubber suited figure deserves (and demands!) an updated release, IMO. In collectors get pissy about it, then let them. I've got DX Bats and OC Bats and would be happy as a lark if HT gave us better versions without rubber suits. I honestly don't feel much sympathy for those upset about their figures decreasing in value. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but that's not why I collect. I just want the best figure on the shelf possible.

Last time, eBay and Toys2 carried them. So did BBTS eventually. But secondary retailers ended up charging more than eBay sellers based in Asia, so I would suggest just going with eBay.

And that, dear friends, is all that matters :lecture:yess:

I don't want to get my hopes up again. I didn't bother with the Scarecrow or Demon Bats, but thanks to the process of elimination, there are only a handful of options from the film. I hope for Ra's or Bruce. A Bale sculpt with today's techniques, especially after Imaresqd's phenomenal portrait would be nice to see.

^ Let's hope so!
Since TDKR will be the last film in this series it would be nicer to have a complete rogues gallery from the movies then several variations of the same character (Batman/Bruce Wayne)

Well i'm going to have multiple customs of Ra's - having HT sort out the outfit/accessories for one of them (or two) would be great

My bad, its going to be Lucius Fox...I just got the memo. :wink1:

What the hell, more Begins figures? The only character they could possibly make that I would be interested in would be Ras Al Ghul (Liam Neeson, definitely not fake decoy Wannabe Ras), nothing else.

Don't want to sound like a Reeve Superman fan because I can wait and I'm patient, but why a Begins related reveal and not '89 Batman? Surely with Superman and Captain America being shown they'd be about ready with '89 Batman and '89 Joker.

Honestly, other than TDKR I'm kind of burnt out on the Bale/Ledger/Nolan Hot Toys figures. Do something new when it comes to Batman before it's too late and we're up to our necks with TDKR.

Last edited:
^ Let's hope so!
Since TDKR will be the last film in this series it would be nicer to have a complete rogues gallery from the movies then several variations of the same character (Batman/Bruce Wayne)

:exactly: Yea, I need a full rogues gallery!

What the hell, more Begins figures? The only character they could possibly make that I would be interested in would be Ras Al Ghul, nothing else.

Don't want to sound like a Reeve Superman fan because I can wait and I'm patient, but why a Begins related reveal and not '89 Batman? Surely with Superman and Captain America being shown they'd be about ready with '89 Batman and '89 Joker.

Honestly, other than TDKR I'm kind of burnt out on the Bale/Ledger/Nolan Hot Toys figures. Do something new when it comes to Batman before it's too late and we're up to our necks with TDKR.

Ah relax man - '89 Batman's time to shine will be soon upon us i'm sure :wave

I agree Ra's would be the most logical choice, a glaring hole in the line. LOS Ra's is preferable as that outfit is the hardest to bash plus as I said would make bashing LOS Bruce and LOS extras easy (if expensive)

Oh, nice!

Hot Toys gets to "thank" their Asian customers, once again, with an exclusive!

Another "____ you" to their Western market! Great!

New to this whole scene, so forgive my ignorance. Since this will be an Exclusive, how will average joes like me be able to get it? eBay? Or will we be able to pre-order it?

Ebay will be your best bet.

I think the interview, suggesting that they were working on Gordon, was before 89 Batman was announced. So if it's Gordon, it'll have been in the pipeline for longer than 89 Batman probably was.

I think the interview, suggesting that they were working on Gordon, was before 89 Batman was announced. So if it's Gordon, it'll have been in the pipeline for longer than 89 Batman probably was.

Yeah, I remember that one. But I also seem to recall the difficulties with his likeness because of Harry Potter. This is just speculation on my part but perhaps with the last Potter film due to hit soon (and finally ____ing end) companies have been able to acquire Oldman's likeness for other films? Maybe that's why they can finally show it?

But it also begs to question, why not just wait until TDKR for a Gordon release? He looks relatively the same in Begins and TDK, I'm sure this will apply to TDKR too.

If it is Gordon, I'm passing. Not only because a 1/6 Gordon figure doesn't interest me but because it'll be an exclusive. That last exclusive Demon Batman and Scarecrow was frustrating and pissed me off but I had to bite the bullet because it was Scarecrow. With Gordon however I could easily pass.

I would probably also skip Gordon, because the price would be too high. I would pay $250ish for Ra's, not for Gordon. For $150, maybe.

Well Gordon could be had on secondary market for $150ish after a few months possibly if he is just a simple figure.

If he has a 1/6 Batsignal though, it would be well worth $250 odd IMO

gordon most probably.

since they did mention that they'll be doing a gordon figure a while back.

at least now I can put gordon inside my tumbler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back