ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some quick little pics of the futzing of Luke, if anyone finds it helpful...

Even though you don't see them, the hips always bug me. That's the tunic, soaked and cruched up below.

1.jpg

Cotton works wonders.

2.jpg

Water treated tunic post-crunching.

3.jpg

Shape, let stand to dry.

4.jpg

I also soaked the belt and stretched it out for a few minutes by hand. It sits lower on his hips now. I hope to get it even lower once Luke dries and I can better shape his clothing and put on his gear.

And here's what happened...

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

The tunic dried, with wrinkles set in as you can see if you match up the wet Luke with the dry. Looks better I think. You tell me.

The belt still gives him too pinched a waist -- sort of reminds me of the '95 Luke in 3 3/4". I think the belt could stretch a little more and maybe adding some tissue around the waist to give just a little more girth so he doesn't look so broad-shouldered.

Just to show:

Here's still wet Luke drying................and fully dry Luke, note wrinkles remain consistent.
4.jpg
5.jpg

Other than that, that's it.

I can't really tell a difference from those pics, but thanks for trying that Wor-Gar.

Got my Luke in yesterday. Here are some quick pics:

watermark.php

watermark.php

Here is my brief review:

Outfit 9/10 (Tunic isn't bad at all. Cloth for pants and leggings are well done.)

Portrait: 7/10 (Don't know if it is the paint or the sculpt, but something is off.)

Accessories: 10/10 (Tons o' stuff and great detail.)

Body: Buck/10 (Do we need to keep talking about this?)

And here's what happened...

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

The tunic dried, with wrinkles set in as you can see if you match up the wet Luke with the dry. Looks better I think. You tell me.

The belt still gives him too pinched a waist -- sort of reminds me of the '95 Luke in 3 3/4". I think the belt could stretch a little more and maybe adding some tissue around the waist to give just a little more girth so he doesn't look so broad-shouldered.

Just to show:

Here's still wet Luke drying................and fully dry Luke, note wrinkles remain consistent.
4.jpg
5.jpg

Other than that, that's it.

Man I have to say nice job on the way that came out. As soon as my regular gets here I'm definitely going to take your advice on that.

great futz job wor-gar. the last comparison pic you posted really shows the difference well.

Indeed Wor... That last comparison pic really sells it. Looks like I'll have to delve into the world of Futzing... Where do you get the water substance you speak of???
:D

Indeed Wor... That last comparison pic really sells it. Looks like I'll have to delve into the world of Futzing... Where do you get the water substance you speak of???
:D

Water goes a long way. My Jedi Luke looks like a different figure just because of Bobby Buche. :rotfl

I recevied my Luke, and proceeded to break his belt....argh!!! specifically, his droid caller 'hook'! Be careful, everyone - that is a sensitive piece.

Anyone know what the hook next to the droid caller is for? I couldnt figure it out!

I recevied my Luke, and proceeded to break his belt....argh!!! specifically, his droid caller 'hook'! Be careful, everyone - that is a sensitive piece.

Anyone know what the hook next to the droid caller is for? I couldnt figure it out!

Let Sideshow know. I broke my Obi-Wan belt and they sent me a replacement quick!

The other hook is for......um....whatever you want? Its a Tatooine utility belt after all. Maybe it could be for his keys? :D

Back