ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!

This one is really simple to futz. Great for those who haven't tried it much. I didn't touch the boots or pants (except the cotton). I highly recommend anyone to spend just 10 minutes tweaking your figure, especially after soaking the tunic. A little pull here, a wrinkle there, really helps to make your figure all that it can be.

Thanks guys!

This one is really simple to futz. Great for those who haven't tried it much. I didn't touch the boots or pants (except the cotton). I highly recommend anyone to spend just 10 minutes tweaking your figure, especially after soaking the tunic. A little pull here, a wrinkle there, really helps to make your figure all that it can be.

Does the tunic become too see-through after water treating? I am interested in how that turns out when it dries.

Thanks guys!

How long did it take for the tunic to dry? You put it on the figure wet to futz with it?

I do put the tunic on wet to shape it and guide the wrinkles so when it dries they kind of set in.

The tunic is somewhat see-thru when wet. But it's drying out now -- takes about an hour to fully air-dry -- and the see-thru-ness is disappearing.

I'll have more pics up when he's totally dry and with his gear on. You guys decide if he looks better for the effort.

I don't know if anybody else had this problem (this has become a MEGA-thread so this may have already been covered) but I broke off the pin that is supposed to hold the Droid caller in place. I was EXTREMELY surprised how easily the peg snapped off. And EXTREMELY pissed off afterwards. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Geez, I didn't apply too much pressure at all... now I'm left with a broken figure wondering what I should do. I could send it back but I'm wondering if this isn't a design flaw so I would have the same problem with the next one. Or should I just super glue the droid caller to the belt and call it good.

It's not like I have any Sideshow droids to call anyway. :rolleyes:

I don't know if anybody else had this problem (this has become a MEGA-thread so this may have already been covered) but I broke off the pin that is supposed to hold the Droid caller in place. I was EXTREMELY surprised how easily the peg snapped off. And EXTREMELY pissed off afterwards. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Geez, I didn't apply too much pressure at all... now I'm left with a broken figure wondering what I should do. I could send it back but I'm wondering if this isn't a design flaw so I would have the same problem with the next one. Or should I just super glue the droid caller to the belt and call it good.

It's not like I have any Sideshow droids to call anyway. :rolleyes:

Ask SS for a new belt. You'll get it in a couple days, new pin and all.

:)

Ask SS for a new belt. You'll get it in a couple days, new pin and all.

:)

What he said! :lecture

I had a problem with my Han belt (no magnet) and they shipped me a new one, free of charge.
Lukes binoculars belt clip were broken off when I opened up the package. They asked for a pic and boom, a replacement is in the mail.
I've never had a problem with SS figures before, but man o man, their CS dept rocks!

Yeah, WG speaks the truth!

I didn't have any issue with mine, but if you got a wonky one it would be very easy to break. Or maybe it was broken when you got it... hint, hint :lol

Got mine the other day, decent figure. I'd give him a 7.5 and a 9.0 if he had the prototype tunic, cause the one he has does suck. Too puffy, see through and weave.

And his hands look fauking huge. Come on SS, sculpt some new in scale hands for the SW figures. And make sure they are scaled for the body types as well.

Look like Luke and the paint is nice, hair a bit dark, but I can live with that.

DSC_0965.JPG

DSC_0964.JPG

DSC_0963.JPG

And that gun is just silly too long. There is no way the buck could look right aiming it.
DSC_0959.JPG

One kewl thing about SS though is they did not cheap out on the light sabers. Even though story wise they are supposed to be the exact same, SS gave us new sculpts for them each time. In order: ANH Luke, Bespin Luke and Anakin.
DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0958.JPG

What he said! :lecture

I had a problem with my Han belt (no magnet) and they shipped me a new one, free of charge.
Lukes binoculars belt clip were broken off when I opened up the package. They asked for a pic and boom, a replacement is in the mail.
I've never had a problem with SS figures before, but man o man, their CS dept rocks!

So, I won't have to bundle up Luke and send it back to them just to get the belt replaced?

One kewl thing about SS though is they did not cheap out on the light sabers. Even though story wise they are supposed to be the exact same, SS gave us new sculpts for them each time. In order: ANH Luke, Bespin Luke and Anakin.
DSC_0957.JPG

DSC_0958.JPG

Great saber comparison!!! I have known of the different between the sabers but did not look at the Sideshow sabers to determine their accuracy.

Way to go Sideshow... for getting the sabers right.

And have to agree that this Luke would have benefited having a thicker weave in the tunic fabric and a blonde tone that didn't remind me of Faramir. :rolleyes:

Back