ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall, I like the figure. If it was $50 - $60 like the other Luke's, I wouldn't criticize. But at $82, they could have used a similar fabric as the pants, which has a tighter weave (less texture / transparency) and is just as thin to hang properly. Infact, the tunic has a coarser weave that makes it stiffer and more difficult to pose. I would have also loved to see the Prometheus debuted with smaller (proportioned) hands. I'm 6'2" and everyone comments I have huge hands, but Luke has got me beat.

Overall, I like the figure. If it was $50 - $60 like the other Luke's, I wouldn't criticize. But at $82, they could have used a similar fabric as the pants, which has a tighter weave (less texture / transparency) and is just as thin to hang properly. Infact, the tunic has a coarser weave that makes it stiffer and more difficult to pose. I would have also loved to see the Prometheus debuted with smaller (proportioned) hands. I'm 6'2" and everyone comments I have huge hands, but Luke has got me beat.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

JK Justin :duff

I will do my best then to keep it going strong. Maybe I should send you all doilies so we can form our own group. :lol

kinda like the "Sideshow Limited Edition Registry" but known as ......
Sideshow Limited Doily Edition Registry"............its so out there it just may catch on........:monkey3....................:lol

but what would the exclusive version be???........actually signed by the josh... .........or a black & white edition? :dunno

I love how you use different prices. You use the retail price for the others but shipped price for the newest one, great comparison.

My card got declined for ANH Luke :monkey2 looks like I'll be forfeiting floppy hat and goggles and picking up a regular...

I got my luke last night!!!!
awesome figure and really not worthy of some of the early flack given him.
Alas,mine has really loose feet,so he is not able to stand unattended for too long....
either that or he has had too much blue milk ;)
Blast shield would have been perfect-i mean,why give Kenobi the training remote???

R2 and 3PO next SS please!!! ;)

I got my luke last night!!!!
awesome figure and really not worthy of some of the early flack given him.
Alas,mine has really loose feet,so he is not able to stand unattended for too long....
either that or he has had too much blue milk ;)
Blast shield would have been perfect-i mean,why give Kenobi the training remote???

R2 and 3PO next SS please!!! ;)

Remember, Luke also uses the remote before he puts on the blast shield.

I got my Luke yesterday.
Overall I like him, but it's not a perfect figure.
The sculpt is off, there's too much asymmetry in the face sculpt to achieve a exact likeness. Both eyes look like they're from two different head sculpts, the right eye has a weirdly sculpted inner corner while the left eye looks more natural, both eyes I feel are also too small.
The cheekbones are also asymmetrical, the right side is closer in to the center of the face while the left cheekbone is farther out.
Something about the nose is off too, it might be too large.
The rest is very accurate. the sculpt has issues but it's still pretty damn good, just not as good as Jedi Luke. It's not an easy thing to sculpt under a deadline and with LFL breathing down your neck, so the likeness not being perfect is clearly understandable.

The only other issues I have are the head paint specifically the color of the hair; which is just too dark brown, and the shirt material, but I can live with it.

The rest of the costume and accessories are fantastic! I really like the exclusive hat & goggles displayed with the poncho and long-ass rifle, I think mine will be posed this way for some time. Also the way SSC designed the binoculars is quite clever with the separate open and closed pieces, they really showed a lot of care to it's design.

Sculpt- ***1/2
Paint- ***
Body- ***
Costume- ****
Accessories- ****
Price- ***
Overall- ***
It's a good satisfactory figure, but not nearly as good as ANH Han or Obi-Wan.

Dude, you just completely messed up your ratings scale for me when you gave the body three stars.:nono

:D
The Buck may not be the best, but it's satisfactory. The proportions and articulation are adequate. Although the hip joints and ankle joints on mine are too lose.
And since the hip gap is covered by the tunic and Luke isn't the swaggering pirate that Han is, it gets a better rating then it would with Han.
I guess I've had enough dealings with the Buck that I've come to except it. :eek:

Yeah, this is another figure where the buck really doesn't hurt too much. Although for me the legs and ankles were fine... but the neck articulation is really restricted.

Sculpt- 9.0
Paint- 7.0 (hair and eyes kept this lower)
Body- 5.0 (^^^^ the Buck)
Costuming- 6.5 (that damn tunic!)
Accessories- 8.5
Value- 6.0

Overall- 6.8

Back