ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine. Its better than people have been worrying about but not a great a surprise as Han IMHO. Excellent sculpt but overall, kind of an eh figure. I'm actually wishing they included the Helmet with Blastshield....

LukeANH017.jpg

Certainly doesn't seem to scream "repaint"! I'll have mine today, so I can finally see that the whining is unjustified.

And anyone replacing the tunic - the tunic in some of the film publicity shots looks like plain white linen. Perhaps a white pillowcase cut up would serve?

Did anyone elses ANH Luke (and Han for that matter) have a really REALLY (really really really) loose stand? I had to put tape on the bottom of the neck of my stand just to keep in the hole.

The stand that came with Solo was certainly loose...to the point of not staying together at all.

WHOA! Back up!

:)

One more doily to the collection. Looks like "the doily" is the last survivor of the "Tom's swing, Greg's kitchen, Jedibear's snow" sequence of reliability.

Yeah that head shot is a bit intense, but it's still great seeing the doily again....
I do miss the kitchen, Wor-Gar...on a serious note, that room had great light.

And Tom...where has that swingset gone? Did I miss it?

And as for the snow....well, at the fast clip this year is going at, it'll be a safe bet there will be plenty on "snow" shots of Gen. Kenobi, Gandalf, Mundi and dare I say it...Vader. :vader

In the meantime, I'm still waiting for Luke up here, so keep these great shots coming, folks!

I do miss the kitchen, Wor-Gar...on a serious note, that room had great light.

Yeah, it had a western view with the counter right between two windows, so the light really complimented the figures -- plus it was so easily identified with me. It was like having a watermark or trademark instantly.

I still haven't found a suitable replacement here in the new place.

Got mine and have to say that I'm relieved that just about every single complaint was unjustified. I first looked at it under halogen light and the tunic is much whiter than the PF tunic. But under incandescent and flourescent it does appear to be a slight cream color.

Above Justin has tried to demonstrate a fault with how thin the material is, but if it weren't this thin the cloth wouldn't hang right. From the pics I was also afraid that the tunic wouldn't be long enough, but pulled down so it sits properly, the tunic is just the right length. I would agree that the hair is too dark. I'll probably do something about that.

I'm not trying to be an apologist, but I can almost guarantee that without this forum there would have been virtually no one complaining about this guy.

WHOA! Back up!

:)

One more doily to the collection. Looks like "the doily" is the last survivor of the "Tom's swing, Greg's kitchen, Jedibear's snow" sequence of reliability.

Yeah, a little too much on those close ups. :lol

I will try to keep my part in keeping the tradition going.

Back