ANH Luke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think whoever posted nasty comments about the first ANH Han photo should be banned for a few days until this thread is well underway. Nobody should be gunshy about posting a figure pic for crying out loud.

I think it was me who you guys are talking about, but I wasn't criticizing the pictures themselves. I agree that people shouldn't be afraid to post pictures. I criticized the attitude that I perceived in something that the poster of the pictures said a bit later on. But I believe I read too much into what he was saying and apologized.

I've merged this thread with the "official Luke Pics" one-- with no pics forthcoming and multiple pages it didn't seem to really be needed to have two separate threads essentially talking about the same thing.

Hope there are some pics soon.:D

I've merged this thread with the "official Luke Pics" one-- with no pics forthcoming and multiple pages it didn't seem to really be needed to have two separate threads essentially talking about the same thing.

Love the merge! This needs to happen more often.

You should change your name to Darth Mod. :D

Re: Pics: 12" Luke Skywalker - Episode IV

Yavin really isn't that terrible... he just gets a bad rap.

And seriouosly, 6 pages and no in-hand pictures... (no offense to PrimeClone) this is why image threads are started by whoever has the first pictures.

Sorry about that - someone had him in hand so I was hoping the pics would be forthcoming.

When pics do show and a thread is opened again, I think this one should be locked so we have (hopefully) just one place to talk about it.

Thanks guys but it was a team effort... jedibear wanted to do it as well.

We're the dynamic duo... I'm Batman and he's the Boy Wonder-- but he doesn't know that yet. I flipped a coin and he lost.:naughty

When pics do show and a thread is opened again, I think this one should be locked so we have (hopefully) just one place to talk about it.

That's a validly invalid point :lol It will stink as likely conversations will take place in both threads, but I've always sort of thought it was a weird thing to start a whole other thread just because in hand pictures show up, when you have a long going thread like this one and could just keep adding some good posts too. It's pretty much become tradition in this section to roll that way, but it doesn't make much sense. IF the image thread could be restricted to just photos, that'd be one thing, but they always end up having comments like "less talking more photos" because they become conversation threads, so just add the photos to the existing conversation thread, makes the most sense to me.

That's a validly invalid point :lol It will stink as likely conversations will take place in both threads, but I've always sort of thought it was a weird thing to start a whole other thread just because in hand pictures show up, when you have a long going thread like this one and could just keep adding some good posts too. It's pretty much become tradition in this section to roll that way, but it doesn't make much sense. IF the image thread could be restricted to just photos, that'd be one thing, but they always end up having comments like "less talking more photos" because they become conversation threads, so just add the photos to the existing conversation thread, makes the most sense to me.

That's an interesting proposition... How many would like a PICTURES only thread for when a new fig arrives in hand?... Then the discussion could continue in the already created thread?... That way members wouldn't have to cycle through endless back and forth about why the fig does or (more often the case :monkey4) doesn't work...

Quick show of hands-- How many people would like a PICTURE ONLY thread for the new figs? (I'd be happy to delete any posted arrrrgh words in the thread to keep it pics only).

REALLY looking forward to some different in-hand pics. The production tunic just look awful. I went ahead and cancelled the figure. For $80+ it just didn't convince me. I'll pick him up later for $10-$15 cheaper, as is the usual. It's unfortunate that the figures in this line particularly can't hold their value.

EDIT: I wouldn't want a picture only thread, though. The comments regarding the different pics would be a mess in a separate thread. I agree with Maulfan and let's just run as usual.

Last edited:
I think it would be better to keep the image thread to images only, some image pages get really full of pictures and valid comments can be lost in the mix, plus if you want to catch chat and not deal with load times, saves you there too.

SSC 1/6 Luke Skywalker Episode IV - IMAGE THREAD
SSC 1/6 Luke Skywalker Episode IV - CHAT THREAD

Re: Pics: 12" Luke Skywalker - Episode IV

It could be the actual camera shots,,, re the hair,,,,,but that Tunic, is not real impressive,,, I think I will just stick with this mock up that I have made....

100_2407.jpg

:D:D:D

Hey! How'd you get the Sideshow Luke ANH figure already??? :banghead

Quick show of hands-- How many people would like a PICTURE ONLY thread for the new figs? (I'd be happy to delete any posted arrrrgh words in the thread to keep it pics only).

Disagree... to me the point of starting the picture thread is to move from the speculative talk about the figure to discussing what it actually looks like in hand.

Its easier for someone who hasn't been following the previous longass thread (this one) to just click and see the first images. And then begin discussing the images with everyone else. But if you really want to guage interest... no better way than a poll.

Back