ANH Han Solo - Official picture thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell if its the paint or the shirt or the vest or the buck.. but something is really turning me off.

Taking a cue from mrmforce's pic, I tried a similar lighting deal...

only...

EXTREME CLOSE UP...

HanSolo5.jpg
HanSolo6.jpg

HanSolo7.jpg
HanSolo8.jpg

Hoping to help those in concern.

I am liking it so far, it just those lazy eyes that have me a bit worried. I have been extremely lucky and have never had to send a figure back *knock on wood*, but if Han arrives lazy eyed he will go back.

I dont have issue with the paint so far, taking pictures of 1/6 figure can depend to much on lighting. So getting an idea of what to expect is all pics are for, you really dont get a solid representation of the figure.

But lighting can not produce a lazy eye, only a bad painted can.

Taking a cue from mrmforce's pic, I tried a similar lighting deal...

only...

EXTREME CLOSE UP...

HanSolo5.jpg
HanSolo6.jpg

HanSolo7.jpg
HanSolo8.jpg

Hoping to help those in concern.

These sell me one the paint!!! Thnx WG:rock

Now, if I can dodge the lazy eye I am happy!!

Would whomever posted the B&W pic of the doctored Bare Sclupt onto the body in the last thread please re-post that picture here? I didn't get to look at it close enough before the thread was destroyed. By the Empire. The whole starfleet couldn't destroy an entire thread, you say, it'd take more ships than....

Its a friggin crime that Sideshow tolerates that poor a paint job on Trevors sculpt.
Those eyebrows are outta control.

You guys say thick clothing is par for the course at this scale, but truthfully that is not the case. I have purchased clothing from goodstufftogo.net from other 1/6 companies with superior thin material. An example is the T-1000 and T-800 undershirts that I have replaced. Han's shirt looks a similar thickness to those.

So in hand does he have lazy eye, or is that just the camera? I know Qui Gonn looked lazy-eyed in a number of photos but in hand was fine.

But lighting can not produce a lazy eye, only a bad painted can.

Not true. There are times my Sidious looks to have a lazy eye, it freaked me out, but something about the sculpt in some lighting on one of the eyes, it made it seem like there was less eye and that the iris was off-center, then I held it under bright light and it was fine. Most of the time it's the paint, but it can be other factors too.

WorGars pics are very nice. Best I have seen yet. Keep em coming WG. :rock

OK...:D

These are a little warmer (meaning orangey) as I lose light but I wanted to show the scar this time and the eyes more...

HanSolo10.jpg
HanSolo12.jpg

HanSolo11.jpg
HanSolo13.jpg

These sell me one the paint!!! Thnx WG:rock

Now, if I can dodge the lazy eye I am happy!!

Here to help! :)

The lazy eye really isn't that bad, see above. Can you even tell?

You guys say thick clothing is par for the course at this scale, but truthfully that is not the case. I have purchased clothing from goodstufftogo.net from other 1/6 companies with superior thin material. An example is the T-1000 and T-800 undershirts that I have replaced. Han's shirt looks a similar thickness to those.

Nobody said there was not good stuff out there. But the heavier clothing is the norm. So par for the course is accurate.

He doesn't look too bad, but there's definite lazy eye syndrome going on.

Maybe these heads need to start being sculpted with a dot where the eye should be so the painters know where to put it. :lol

Nobody said there was not good stuff out there. But the heavier clothing is the norm. So par for the course is accurate.

I agree that is par for the course with Sideshow products. But I was hoping that as prices crept higher, so would the quality. I thoroughly understand that paint apps cannot improve much more. But they could choose to purchase better material.

Edit: I take back what I said about paint apps. Sideshow could easily choose better paint colors.

Back