Andy's fiends from hell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool. can you post another wes one a bit closer?

DSCN0132.jpg

DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

Thank you very much for that. I didn't think I got a good look at him from another photo I saw. This is great!

Hey, Anzik, would you mind giving a more in-depth explanation of how to do that back alley scene? I'd really love a set-up like that for my Angel figures.

Hey, Anzik, would you mind giving a more in-depth explanation of how to do that back alley scene? I'd really love a set-up like that for my Angel figures.

Sure thing. First you need to decide what materials you want to use. I have done versions in both styrene and foam core. The foam core isn't too bad and it will cost you a fraction of the cost and effort but if you want a more permanent display, I suggest the plastic version.
I will describe the plastic version first because the foam core is a similar process.
I start with a large sheet of medium to heavy gauge that will be stiff enough to hold up. I take the sheet and using a ruler, make guide marks where the brick faces will lay. I measure 3/8 and 1/8 space for the mortar and continue until the board is covered. I also do alternating vertical lines so the bricks have a realistic pattern to them. I also purchased several packages of strips 3/8" wide and cut them into 1 1/2 sections. These will serve as the brick faces. I then take the long and arduous task of using a Dremel with a pointed bit to pock mark the surface mimicking a brick surface to all the strips. This will be somewhat easier to do before you cut the strips into the 1 1/2" sections but you will still need to touch them up or else the cut side will appear to clean. Once each strip is textured I then paint them before they are cut. Once they are dry I turn them over and cut (actually I just score the back and break them) them into the correct lengths and touch up the paint on the sides that were cut. use several different "brick" shades or colors for realism. I then glue the brick faces onto the sheet.
The curb is pretty easy, just take some styrene studs about 1" wide and make a box with a couple joists inside, then cover it with some medium gauge sheet styrene and sue the Dremel to round off the edges. I use a straight edge to make the separations between the curb slabs and use the Dremel as a router to cut the "seam" in. I added the cracks with an xacto held at 45 degree angle and cut them into it. I use the dremel in a similar manner as I did on the bricks to texture the curb and then paint it with a darker shade of beige to highlight the cracks and texture, then go over it with a lighter color. Glue the "wall" to the "curb" and it should hold it up but I added the corner for extra support and better effect.

The foam core is similar except I cut the strips out of a FC board and then cut the stryrofoam in half and use it for the brickface. It already has a naturally pocked surface so no need for a dremel. and then follow the same method as the styrene except its all with foam core.
It sits too lightly and will bow a bit so if you're playing, use foam core, if your serious use styrene.
It took me two sheets of heavy styrene @ $11 each and about six packages of strips at $2.59 each and the chalky paint from wal-mart works great.

Yes. There's usually racks of the stuff at Hobby shops that carry model train stuff. The mark up is pretty high on it so you can easily find it cheaper online if you know what sizes you're looking for, but that depends on how many projects you want to do. Also use a piece of cardboard as reference with your figures. One of the first mistakes I made was to make the back walls too short and they looked lame next to the 12" figures.

Anzik May I ask what type of body did you mount your Wesley head on?

Also what type of drill bit did you drill your head out with? I've never had to drill a head out before, and feel a little bit scared of damaging it.

I put him on a standard SSC Buck body I picked up from Monkey Depot for about $9.
I use a Dremel. The tool itself cost me about $50. Its a high speed rotary tool and is a customizers best friend.

Thanks for that love. I have a dremel like electric drill. What type of drill bit did you use out of interest?

I start with a pointed bit and go in about a 1/4 inch then I go to the circular bit and move it around the edge until the hole widens enough. I also keep the vacuum cleaner hose next to it to suck out the debris as it flies.

After reading the latest issues of Buffy and salivating over Josh's Season 8 Xander I decided to move my figures into "modern" continuity.
Since I couldn't get a woolly sweater yet, I decided to just put Rambo's shirt on him for now.
I also picked up an outfit for Buffy's commando gear and kitbashed with some stuff I had around. I had to make my own scythe though.
I also stuck Binky's Willow sculpt on Vamp Willow for now, but as soon as I get a new body I'll give her own.
DSCN0201.jpg

DSCN0203.jpg

DSCN0204.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

Thanks everyone.
So I guess I need a Satsu, and a green dress for Binky's Willow.

Just use horrible prophecy girl Buffy and die the hair blue, lol Cut it shorter too. I know the face wont look the same, oh maybe you can find an asian head. Is satsu even asian? I need to pay more attention....yes she is.

Sideshow Wai Lin would do the trick I think.

I just recast the face on PG Buffy and I'm working on sculpting hair for her.

Oh nice one! I love seeing your set pieces. This is very season 8.

Excellent work love. :D

Back