Anakin Skywalker PF Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the skin tone looks fine. Compare the skin to this pic. But I am having trouble recognizing Hayden.

Outside of the lips yeah I think do. The skin tone on the PF appears to be too pale.

Yeah it is a bit too pale. I think the sith head looks better though and that's the one I intend to display. Overall I think its better than the 1/6 though. But we've all been around long enough to know that everyone sees that stuff slightly differently.

Im not surprised you do. Im sure it's perfect to you.

WTF is that supposed to mean? I can't even like one SS piece over another? :lol Guess I'll run what I'm supposed to like and dislike by you. :rotfl Its not I just like it over the PF.

Im not surprised you do. Im sure it's perfect to you.

Honestly I don't even get bothered by Josh. It is the people that talk about materials and seams. Oh dear god they missed a button! That is the sort of stuff that just makes some ****** bags have no life. Josh simply likes everything that is a representation of what he likes. I get that. I don't get the constant --> Well ummmm if you really look at it it couldn't possibly be from the first movie and so on. Damn guys seriously! Getting lame!

Yeah it is a bit too pale. Overall I think its better than the 1/6 though. But we've all been around long enough to know that everyone sees that stuff slightly differently.

I know. I'm glad for those that do like it. Its not a bad looking piece but I would take the 1:6th over this. Though if I can get this on the cheap later I will. :lol

With my last comment I am out. I no longer even come into the SW threads just because of the ULTRA MAGNUM NERDS! Sorry guys but I calls em like I sees em.

Honestly I don't even get bothered by Josh. It is the people that talk about materials and seams. Oh dear god they missed a button! That is the sort of stuff that just makes some ****** bags have no life. Josh simply likes everything that is a representation of what he likes. I get that. I don't get the constant --> Well ummmm if you really look at it it couldn't possibly be from the first movie and so on. Damn guys seriously! Getting lame!

I guess I'm the opposite from your POV. I get that people want as close to screen accuracy as possible, even more so as the scale of the items in question get larger. However, there is a definite line in useless nitpicking that some do cross. I think it depends on a lot of variables but from what ive noticed, most of the negative criticism on pieces come from those who have canceled or not ordered it. I like to think of it as self assurance for not owning the latest new product.

I think with Josh, it's turning a blind eye to a lot of things and he cheers on the company more than the individual product. IMO not the best recipe for a critique or review.

I guess I'm the opposite from your POV. I get that people want as close to screen accuracy as possible, even more so as the scale of the items in question get larger. However, there is a definite line in useless nitpicking that some do cross. I think it depends on a lot of variables but from what ive noticed, most of the negative criticism on pieces come from those who have canceled or not ordered it. I like to think of it as self assurance for not owning the latest new product.

I think with Josh, it's turning a blind eye to a lot of things and he cheers on the company more than the individual product. IMO not the best recipe for a critique or review.

I don't know. I don't think that hard about it honestly. I start to read threads and see helmet sizes and complaints and I peace the F out. Every toy thread is like that now. A button here or a zipper there or a wire or wrong color ziper seam. Starting to really turn me off outside of the video game threads. It is really ashame that some have nothing better to do than compare stills of movies to toys. I honestly feel that way and feel bad for people like that. Seriously go outside people!

I don't know. I don't think that hard about it honestly. I start to read threads and see helmet sizes and complaints and I peace the F out. Every toy thread is like that now. A button here or a zipper there or a wire or wrong color ziper seam. Starting to really turn me off outside of the video game threads. It is really ashame that some have nothing better to do than compare stills of movies to toys. I honestly feel that way and feel bad for people like that. Seriously go outside people!

Youve been here as long as me, and ive been in the prop replica scene as well....trust me it's ALWAYS been this way. maybe only now youve noticed it as much. :lol

It's seriously like high school all over again. You get the geeks who know every damn tid bit of info even down to the critters that lived on jabbas wall, you have your jocks that like to be the macho ones on the boards, you have the loners who are all "look at me im different", you have the cheerleaders who can find nothing wrong with anything that the company does.... the list goes on. :lol

Not true. I talk about what I like and don't like. Some things that don't bother me bother other people or are less of an issue with me. I really try hard not to get that wrapped up in my toys. :lol As far as cheering SS on yeah I do. I like them as a company and I like the people but I cheer the product on just as much. In other words I'm a fan of the product and the company. No harm. No Foul in that I thought.

Nothing personal, Badmoon, but I'm not sure someone with 11,000+ posts on a collectibles forum is in a position to be calling other people ultra-nerds. :rotfl

Everyone enjoys their stuff in different ways. I personally thought the threads about "accurizing" the Hot Toys Alien space suits were way over the top, but for some people accuracy is paramount. For me, as long as it looks good overall, I'm generally fine.

Not true. I talk about what I like and don't like. Some things that don't bother me bother other people or are less of an issue with me. I really try hard not to get that wrapped up in my toys. :lol As far as cheering SS on yeah I do. I like them as a company and I like the people but I cheer the product on just as much. In other words I'm a fan of the product and the company. No harm. No Foul in that I thought.

for some reason i think ive heard this before....like 20 times before. :rolleyes:

Nothing personal, Badmoon, but I'm not sure someone with 11,000+ posts on a collectibles forum is in a position to be calling other people ultra-nerds. :rotfl

Everyone enjoys their stuff in different ways. I personally thought the threads about "accurizing" the Hot Toys Alien space suits were way over the top, but for some people accuracy is paramount. For me, as long as it looks good overall, I'm generally fine.

Oh no I agree with you to an extent. I have a love for this stuff. However, when it comes down to the details that some get into that makes them ultra nerds. I love the movies and watch them but I WATCH them. Not make my life THEM. That is the difference I speak of. Do I consider myself a nerd. Hell yes and proud of it! The difference for me is in the posts. I am sure you can tell the difference. Maybe not though because you seem to hate everything. :lol

Youve been here as long as me, and ive been in the prop replica scene as well....trust me it's ALWAYS been this way. maybe only now youve noticed it as much. :lol

It's seriously like high school all over again. You get the geeks who know every damn tid bit of info even down to the critters that lived on jabbas wall, you have your jocks that like to be the macho ones on the boards, you have the loners who are all "look at me im different", you have the cheerleaders who can find nothing wrong with anything that the company does.... the list goes on. :lol

I never seem to fit in anywhere then. I walk my own path. I hate everyone. LOL!

I think this is a simple case of a PF needing extra special futzing, that's all.

:lecture

As for "screen accuracy" - it is a fine line between items made (relatively) cheaply in China; and our hard-earned cash, and wanting the best. It must be crazy stressful for collectible companies! :horror

Back