Anakin Skywalker 12" action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
review_bdanakin_large.jpg

i think i'm going to buy this figure just to cut & bend down his index finger so he's flipping a bird....then send it back directly to hasbro.......:yess:

haha make sure you take a photo for us :lol:

It probably will be. Although he (Hayden) wasn't very good I still want the Chosen One on my shelf. His performance in Ep. III was a lot better than II. Just some of his lines were really cheesy in EP. III
Maybe with better writing and direction Hayden would have been better.
I think that's definitely possible. Pretty sure it was Samuel L. Jackson that said he enjoyed working with Lucas because it was one take and you were done. :/ And the writing... not a lot anyone could do with that (no-one disputes Portman's acting abilities but she was still lacklustre in the PT).

In regards to the figure, even though it's totally not aimed at us it's fun to see it get kicked around on Michael's site and in the thread. :lol

Why does this thread have 3 pages? :lol

I would've thought a simple comment at the end of Michael Crawford's initial post in here like DO NOT BUY would've solved it.

If you think 3 - 5 year olds would want this crap, you don't have any 3 - 5 year olds, or haven't been paying attention to the quality of most of their toys.

It's the same reason Hasbro can continue to sell Star Wars figures to kids years after the movie, and Mattel can't move any Batman product in this scale. Everyone assumes kids are unsophisticated or unable to tell the difference between something good and something bad. If a figure like this was the norm, it'd be a different story, but the overall quality has risen so drastically over the last decade, that there's a new bar to meet.

Comparing these to NECA also is pretty ridiculous - NECA produced this:

review_gremlinss2_large.jpg

and this:

review_etdress_1.jpg

along with some outstanding Predator and Terminator figures, all for just a couple bucks more each than this piece of garbage.

Maybe with better writing and direction Hayden would have been better.

I've always agreed with that line of thought. Lucas directed the actors and really controlled how they ended up appearing. I don't fault Hayden for being a bad actor no more than I fault Jake Lloyd - I think Uncle George might be a bad director.

Reminds me of the old vintage 12" Vader and chewy. Luke and Han vintage at least had clothes like a barbie doll. I guess they are trying to cater to the 10 and under market.

I honestly thought these figures were a joke at first -WRONG! They are a bad joke instead. Retailers -please clearance these quick and put them out of their misery.

I finally saw these in person at target. Wow. Not even 12 inches. Really bad. Bad in pics but in person? Really really bad.

I've seen worse. Don't see why everyone is ripping them. Yeah, they aren't collectible (I'm not interested), but I bet a kid would find these amusing and have little battles with them.

Looks to me you get what you pay for. Aren't hasbro's 3 3/4 inch figures $10 or $12 now? This is a bigger figure for $13 bucks. The paint sucks, but the likeness looks pretty good. Not sure how sturdy they are, but it looks alright for what it is.

This looks interesting, if I were a kid I'd be into it, looks like it talks,

vad%20anak%20nb%2012in.JPG

12inch%20figs%20nb.JPG

Back