Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batty said:
This is a translated quote from the guy who posted those pics:

"Yes, really could not endure this appearance, and changed immediately!"

Sounds like he did a repaint. Although I don't know why he couldn't "endure this appearance". After the way Luke turned out, I'm not too worried.

Yeah, given the fact the once Luke arrived he was very well done I have little to worry about with Anakin...I have 100% faith in SS that they will not send out an Anakin that looks like crap...

image0978.jpg

This is the "after" shot.

It really seems like the bad paint job is how it came out of the box, and the reason for the repaint....

I think we need to prepare ourselves for a very dark-lipped Anakin next week.

I'm still hoping for one like we saw at Toy Fair.

IMG_0094.jpg

Much better! (Eyebrows aren't seven inches thick...)

pjam said:
If this turns out to be the production paint job, I have a feeling SSC better brace themselves for a massive influx of returns. I just can't imagine it being that bad out of the box though.

TheObsoleteMan said:
If this turns out to be the production paint job, I have a feeling SSC better brace themselves for a massive influx of returns. I just can't imagine it being that bad out of the box though.

That surley cant be the production paint:confused:....I'am trying to stay away from the "chicken little" syndrome...but....no...I have faith in SS:eek:

Collector Freak said:
If that is the production paint, mine is heading back faster than you can say "PIECE OF CRAP".

For once...I must agree with you CF....I just cant believe that that could be production paint....Pam didn't even look that bad....and thats saying alot!!

For the record, the first pic posted in this thread was a CUSTOM painted SSC Anakin as clearly pointed out by Batty and noted in my post. I'm sure our Anakins will be much closer to the Toyfair figure.

As they were with Luke, remember?

Last edited:
I am not going to freak out until I have him in hand. I hope he looks like the toyfair piece and not this "new" version. If he does look like the crappy version I may send him back and ask for a refund as well, but I hold out hope that he will look good.

I figure that the general reaction is akin to war. When bombs start exploding the hardened veterans are not phased at all while the newbies (such as myself) are shouting and running around in a panic. :lol
bad-newbie-bad.jpg

I'm a little confused by all the worry. The first post clearly stated that the photo was clearly a custom paint job, not the production one. Let's move on to much more important issues.....How long do his arms look?? :monkey5

Ironman1188 said:
I'm a little confused by all the worry. The first post clearly stated that the photo was clearly a custom paint job, not the production one. Let's move on to much more important issues.....How long do his arms look?? :monkey5

Yes indeed. Batty pointed that out early in the thread. Some posters have said pics of Anakin are popping up on Asian boards so I thought it might be time to start a new image thread as we will begin receiving our Anakin later this week. Maybe it was a little premature because I haven't seen more pics of Anakin posted as of today, but it seems he has arrived in China.

In a few days we will all know and I'm betting he will be very close to the ToyFair Anakin, however some questions about the final sculpt still rage on.

In any case because I live in L.A. I receive SSC Fedex shipments next morning around noon. Because I ordered him within the first few minutes I hope to be one of the first to receive him and if so I'll be happy to post some "In box" pics as soon as he arrives so stay tuned...

Last edited:
I'm not gonna freak out and fall and get the CLS like so many collectors do. I do have a concern that maybe the lips will turn out that dark but having dealt with SS items many times I'll be staying calm till mine arrives.

Here is a pic from RS.

jlcmsu said:
I'm not gonna freak out and fall and get the CLS like so many collectors do. I do have a concern that maybe the lips will turn out that dark but having dealt with SS items many times I'll be staying calm till mine arrives.

Here is a pic from RS.

Good advice, Josh.

pjam said:
Good advice, Josh.

Well, it's just that freaking out over a couple pics does no good for anyone. I know we all have concerns right now over these first few pics but staying calm is the best bet.

If Anakin looks like the pic posted by Josh, I won't have a single issue with Anakin. The lips don't really bug me.

(I hope you don't mind me using your first name... It rolls of the keyboard a lot easier than jclmsu :) )

pixletwin said:
If Anakin looks like the pic posted by Josh, I won't have a single issue with Anakin. The lips don't really bug me.

(I hope you don't mind me using your first name... It rolls of the keyboard a lot easier than jclmsu :) )

I'm with ya. I think the lips might still be a tad too dark if they come out like that but it would be such a minor issue as a whole I wouldn't be that upset by it.

I don't mind at all. Calling me Josh is fine.:D :chew

Crappy customization issues aside, I am liking the height differences between father and son.

image0987.jpg

Yeah, this figure looks really good and even the arms look right for those that had issues with Luke. Overall, I'm very happy with Anakin so far from a detail and if he looks like the pic I posted paint apps as well. The lips as I have said would be a minor issue for me but nothing I'm gonna freak over unless they come out as dark as the pic from the one in HK. Those looks really really dark.

Hamill is 5'9"

Christensen is 6'2"

The scale looks correct.

That is why a 6'7" Vader towers over him.

Back