Anakin Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any pics of him and the new Vader?

Here ya go

DSC02820.jpg

Hello, I think this is an old thread lost in the catacombs of time, but I thought I'd post here anyways...

I recently purchased two Sideshow Anakin Skywalkers, both Jedi Order, one used, one unopened, I proceeded with a complete strip down of one of them just so I could do a redress of the whole figure.

Didn't take any progress pics but here's a little description of what I did which was nothing more than merely adjusting his clothing.

Starting with the inner tunic, I cut his right sleeve shorter to just above the arm socket joint reason being, I got annoyed trying to reattach the arm when it fell out, the bunching up of the sleeve would always get in the way and it also made that area of the arm look frumpy under the rest of his clothing.

Once the sleeve was trimmed away, I used some power tack adhesive on the arm plug to keep it from falling out.

Applying a small piece of double sided tape on his front, I split open the sleeve cut-off and used it as a collar to hide the neck joint, it also gives the impression of his neck being shorter than the goose neck the figure actually has.

Trimmed away all the excess material from the inner stitching of his clothing to lessen any noticeable seam-line bumps showing through his costume and to make any view-able ones less protruding or noticeable.

Got rid of his pleather tabards that were made of cheap and crappy material which started to fray even when lightly adjusting how they sat, I'll probably look for a better quality replacement set on eBay or attempt to sew my own using thin leather off-cuts or something.

As for the robe, it does have the tendency to balloon out and look all puffy in all the wrong places and is a challenge in itself to pose and get to look 'just right', but personally, I think the robe is made from a decent material, it sits solid and drapes well and with the aid of a soft bristle paintbrush, some warm water and my trusty heat gun, I managed to shape and manipulate some folds and creases into it as an attempt at giving the robe a more natural hang to it look.

With the robe being a little thicker material than the rest of the clothing, the warm water paintbrush trick worked for me, I dipped my paintbrush into a cup of warm water and chose an area on the robe where I wanted there to be a crease or fold, I then lightly brushed on (not soaking wet) some warm water concentrating on the direction and length of the fold / crease: the warm water helps to make the material softer and more workable to fold easier; use your heat gun or hair dryer whilst aiding in the crease to dry off the water and set the crease in position... this trick helped especially with keeping that wizard pointy hood at bay and didn't make him look like a mushroom head Anakin... easy!!!

Used a mixture of Tamiya weathering pastels applied with a make-up sponge and brush to weather his tunic to give it that old faded look.

I'm happy with the face sculpt and the paint work on mine, for this figure version will be 'average Ani'...

I bought a custom Sith eyed Anakin head sculpt off-of eBay as well as some third party clothing where I plan on doing a slight mod to my second figure which will be... 'evil Ani'.

ani_04_HDTV_1080.png

ani_01_HDTV_1080.png

ani_02_HDTV_1080.png

Cheers.

Back