Anakin conversion to TrueType body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice Abake.. going to be tightening the cummerbund on my anakin. I already did the pants and he doesnt look like a german soldier from WWII any more.. :)

And just 'cause I dig my Anakin so much, here's more pics! :D

DSC01361.jpg

DSC01362.jpg

DSC01365.jpg

A quick bump for HYMN:

Alright guys, here's a couple more pics.

First off, some pics to illustrate the tightening of the cummerbund:

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

As I said, it was a fairly simple operation, just take the buttons off (the "female" buttons) fold the cummerbund a bit and sew the buttons on again.

DSC01354.jpg

And here's the result. :)

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

And some nifty posing.
I'm no fan of the buck, but it really isn't that terrible in terms of articulation, it's all a matter for knowing how to use the body. As I said, the hard material SST uses for their boots is what restricts movement most.

But you can make it look natural...

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

ah the joys of working full time + school full time. You get to dust every other year :lol

And once a month or so i even get to sleep :D

Here's what I've done with mine . I was asked by one of the guys here if I could mod the ROTS Obi Wan head that I resculpted for him to make it more like the Clonobi head (with no neck) to attach to a Hot Toys or prometheus adapter. I quite liked the look of Obi with the missing neck after the modification ( funny that after all the trouble I went to ... :lol ) so I wondered what Anakin would look like too. With a cast that was in need of some tlc I went to work ..

And this was the result ...

obiwananakinshort.jpg

obiwananakinshort2.jpg

anakinshort.jpg

obiwanshort.jpg

They are both on the prometheus body . The Anakin would need more work around the attachment area as I made the hole a bit on the big side but I think they look pretty cool ! The other plus is that it can be posed with the head looking down to look more menacing ! The hair also sits nicely behind the collar of the tunic too.

To have Small Studios paint those up, would make them the best 1/6th ROTS Ani and Obi to date, IMO!.

Here is a repaint of both figures. Anakin is still work on progress. I have stripped the paint off obi and Im repainting him. These are great pieces.

nice katkuru, how did you get Anakins hand to articulate like that...

I hollow casted the fore arm part and casted the hand solid. dremeled out the hand part to fit the Hot Toys hand peg, then painted, it slips over the Hot Toys forearm. I meant to cast a piece with his hand in that position but never got around to it.
DSC07160.jpg

PM me if your interested in one, I'll hook you up.:D

I did this actually. I put all my sideshow jedi's on truetypes, this one was toughest though
I had to dremel down the arm joint on the TT to the point where i could attatch the gloved arm and have it make sense anatomically. I just attatched it with duct tape and it worked great! Height wasnt an issue at all actually, as the buck and new slim shoulder truetype are almost identical in height

Back