Anakin conversion to TrueType body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katkuru anakin looks awesome, I'll start working on my after I'm done with my current project.

Since this is the most active Anakin thread, I decided to post pics of my customized Anakin here.

DSC01290.jpg

Anakin is my favourite character of the entire Star Wars saga, and I especially like Hayden's portrayal in Ep. III, so it was important to me to make him as good as possible.

First step is pretty obvious: get a Darren Carnall head sculpt! Nothing tops his sculpt IMHO.
Next came a series of small adjustments. I made the pants slimmer (I hated the baggy look they had originally), tightened the "cummer bund", dry-brushed the boots and finally, made new leather tabbards.
And voilá!

I'm very happy with how Anakin turned out, hope you guys enjoy.

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01287.jpg

DSC01286.jpg

Wow, katkuru! That looks great! I was going to try to teach myself casting this summer, but would you mind just posting how you did that? Materials used, etc? It's fine if you don't have the time. Great work!

Abake, you must have posted while I was typing. Great work on the tabbards! And that sculpt impresses me every time I see it.

Last edited:
Abake,

Your Anakin looks awesome. He looks so much slimmer with the mods you did. Do you have any extra tabbards? Is he still on the ss body?

No, I don't have any other tabbards, I just went to a seamstress and got a few strips of leather... it's really not too hard to make, just... bothersome.
All I did was use photos for reference on the length. I tried to make them as wide as the SST ones, as the width seemed correct (they taper a bit towards the ends).
And yes, he's still on the good ole' buck!
I like the buck for Anakin. He did look a bit lanky in ROTS, so after careful consideration I saw no need to beef him up with a TT. Also, the biggest impediment to the articulation is the ridiculous material Sideshow used for the boots. They are so frigging stiff it's a joke! The other thing is the lack of wrist articulation, and that is also independent of the body, so...
I do highly recommend making the pants slimmer and tightening the belt. Simple mods that can do wonders for the overall look.
The tabbards is a bit more time-consuming, but not that hard once you find the right leather. I didn't even have the proper tools, I just used a ruler, a pencil and scissors! :D

And thanks! I'm glad you like him!

BRo i agree with your notion of hayden kickin a$$ as anakin!!!..he is my fav character too!!!, along side Luke!!..your figure rocks!!

No, I don't have any other tabbards, I just went to a seamstress and got a few strips of leather... it's really not too hard to make, just... bothersome.
All I did was use photos for reference on the length. I tried to make them as wide as the SST ones, as the width seemed correct (they taper a bit towards the ends).
And yes, he's still on the good ole' buck!
I like the buck for Anakin. He did look a bit lanky in ROTS, so after careful consideration I saw no need to beef him up with a TT. Also, the biggest impediment to the articulation is the ridiculous material Sideshow used for the boots. They are so frigging stiff it's a joke! The other thing is the lack of wrist articulation, and that is also independent of the body, so...
I do highly recommend making the pants slimmer and tightening the belt. Simple mods that can do wonders for the overall look.
The tabbards is a bit more time-consuming, but not that hard once you find the right leather. I didn't even have the proper tools, I just used a ruler, a pencil and scissors! :D

And thanks! I'm glad you like him!

VERY nice!!! :chew
If you take a few more pics, please light him from the front so we can see the detail. Also, how did you go about on the pants and cumber bun mods? Did you just resew the pants or did your seamstress rework them? Not sure how the cumber bun is made since my figure is back in MI, but can you elaborate on the steps to make it tighter?
This thing looks REALLY cool. Instantly reminded me of how I felt @ CIII before the movie dropped!

Also, is the leather finished on the back, or just raw?

The back is just raw.
The pants were just re-sewn, nothing too fancy. On the cummerbund all I did was to fold one of the ends and sewed it. Can't remember exactly how I did it, but it was very simple, I'll take some pics to illustrate. Sorry, I wrote that I had tightened the belt, I didn't do that, just the cummerbund, the whole idea was to be able to move the belt around a bit, so that it could "hang" better.
Anyway, making the cummerbund tighter can be done with no side-effects to the whole set up (both the leather and cloth tabbards are sewn to the cummerbund), but if you want to do the tabbards mod you'll have to take the whole thing apart anyway.

The HS is a resculpt done by Darren Carnall, you can look him up in the customizing forums. I don't know if he still sells Anakin's but I would think yes. It's a phenomenal sculpt!

Here's what I've done with mine . I was asked by one of the guys here if I could mod the ROTS Obi Wan head that I resculpted for him to make it more like the Clonobi head (with no neck) to attach to a Hot Toys or prometheus adapter. I quite liked the look of Obi with the missing neck after the modification ( funny that after all the trouble I went to ... :lol ) so I wondered what Anakin would look like too. With a cast that was in need of some tlc I went to work ..

And this was the result ...

obiwananakinshort.jpg

obiwananakinshort2.jpg

anakinshort.jpg

obiwanshort.jpg

They are both on the prometheus body . The Anakin would need more work around the attachment area as I made the hole a bit on the big side but I think they look pretty cool ! The other plus is that it can be posed with the head looking down to look more menacing ! The hair also sits nicely behind the collar of the tunic too.

I like the look of that Anakin head on the balljoint neck. The hair behind the collar really makes it!!!

The Anakin would need more work around the attachment area as I made the hole a bit on the big side but I think they look pretty cool ! The other plus is that it can be posed with the head looking down to look more menacing ! The hair also sits nicely behind the collar of the tunic too.

Paul: I like that the head is now independent from the neck. I bet that with the Irises and pupils painted a bit higher up into the top eyelid and with the head posed looking a bit down, Anakin would look very awesomely menacing!! However, if you could blend the head more with the neck in the attachment area like the obi wan as you said, it will reach Perfection!

You can toss my name around Paul, i don't mind. and damnit.. now i need to get some Anakin Heads from you as well. ARRGH!

hmm... i need to learn to Do Casts in Semi-transparent flesh resin....

the awesomeness of these sculpts done in that would be phenominal.

Alright guys, here's a couple more pics.

First off, some pics to illustrate the tightening of the cummerbund:

DSC01352.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

As I said, it was a fairly simple operation, just take the buttons off (the "female" buttons) fold the cummerbund a bit and sew the buttons on again.

DSC01354.jpg

And here's the result. :)

DSC01356.jpg

DSC01357.jpg

And some nifty posing.
I'm no fan of the buck, but it really isn't that terrible in terms of articulation, it's all a matter for knowing how to use the body. As I said, the hard material SST uses for their boots is what restricts movement most.

But you can make it look natural...

DSC01363.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

Back