An open letter to Sideshow from an upset customer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm lucky since I have not had any joint issues with any of my 12" figures.

I guess I'm lucky since I have not had any joint issues with any of my 12" figures.

or maybe what a floppy body is to someone like WB is just slightly loose and still workable to you.

The fact of the matter is, SS's figures aren't perfect. They will never be. But I'd say they're pretty damn good.

And BTW wookie breath since you don't care if "it's a $20 Hasbro figure", then stop buying SS, stop complaining and go buy some Hasbro figures on eBay. I'm sure they'll look great on your shelf with their overly thick limbs and torsos.

I mean geez, just tighten the damn bodies like it says in the link I provided you with Wookie Breath! Do you think SS has time to go through several thousand bodies check themand disassemble and tighten each one??? Of course not, or else the figures would probably cost another $10 and some may still be somewhat floppy.

You, on the other hand, seem to have enough time to complain about SS for hours on end, so why don't you use your time to actually fix the problem rather than just complain about it.

Just to make it clear NAM was gone for 2 weeks. Also how about an open letter to all the douchery that has been going on here lately. Oh and loose joints suck, I'd suggest you to shop around for cheaper pre-orders or just stop buying them. That is the most devastating thing you can do, speak with your buck.

Ive noticed that the Stormtrooper and maybe another figure had loose joints...i think my ANH Luke was the other with his ankles.
SSC are really good with their responses,so emailing them wont hurt.
I do recognise why u have created this thread,and it is to bring to air the fact that loose figures and the amount of cash that is paid for said figures is an issue "if" and "when" it happens.
I can only speak for myself when i say i dont have an issue with it as all of my figures seem really awesome for the price ive paid..and we are talking AUD/USD with shipping on top :)
and the fact that the joints ARE getting better since the release of the Stormtrooper!!
this is just my 20c worth ....

all my troopers have pretty good joints. they are not as tight as they could be but they don't have any problem holding up a gun. maybe it's a climate/humidity thing.

I had a few issues with the early figures but the new ones have been pretty darn tight jointed. The new bodies are very easy to tighten most of the joints up yourself. You just have to strip them down to do it. Yes it isn't something that should have to be done but it is very easy to do.

Just to make it clear NAM was gone for 2 weeks. Also how about an open letter to all the douchery that has been going on here lately. Oh and loose joints suck, I'd suggest you to shop around for cheaper pre-orders or just stop buying them. That is the most devastating thing you can do, speak with your buck.

Amen......vote with your dollar. If you don't like.....get your money back. Mine have all been fine.

I think it's ironic that you title this thread "An open letter to Sideshow..." but...you didn't send it to Sideshow. What a passive aggressive mentality. When people suggest you call them and complain, you have an excuse, when people suggest you send them back...you have an excuse. When people suggest you get your money back...you have an excuse. You whine and cry about how the world is not perfect, yet you have tons of excuses why you can't be part of the solution. That's right Sideshow...fix all of Wookie Breath's problems...oh wait, I forgot....Sideshow is the one who OWEs Wookie Breath a perfect doll every time....oh and I forgot...Sideshow, how rude of you to be forcing Wookie Breath to pay you for your craptacular toys to boot. Shame.....

I'm sick of it. And the worst thing is...I wasted my time reading all this and responding. Now that's a crime.....

HEY SIDESHOW....I WASTED MY TIME....YOU OWE ME SOMETHING!!!!!!

It's funny how a new member, with a valid and legimate concern, gets raked over the coals for voicing his displeasure on a DISCUSSION forum by a smartass who could just have easily ignored the thread to begin with, but if a senior member starts a thread about paint flaking no one bats an eye.

I think if this discussion is innapropriate, the mods will let us know. Until that happens, wookiebreath should be allowed to post his displeasure without being criticized for it by some people that think they can somehow determine what is post worthy and what isn't, especially after just being let back from a ban for harassing and cussing out board members.

It's funny how a new member, with a valid and legimate concern, gets raked over the coals for voicing his displeasure on a DISCUSSION forum by a smartass who could just have easily ignored the thread to begin with, but if a senior member starts a thread about paint flaking no one bats an eye.

I think if this discussion is innapropriate, the mods will let us know. Until that happens, wookiebreath should be allowed to post his displeasure without being criticized for it by some people that think they can somehow determine what is post worthy and what isn't, especially after just being let back from a ban for harassing and cussing out board members.

Well said.

I will say this. As a long time board member and collector for whatever it's worth. EVERY company out there does not make the perfect 12 inch figure. After all they ARE toys. What I have learned is to move onto the PF's and other statues. They are QUALITY. If you have a problem it can likely be fixed. To expect SOOO much out of a figure IMO is a bit much. I have the same expectations. So you know what? I stopped buying them. Move onto the PF's. They are awesome!

First off... how's that foot taste? :lol I didn't cuss out anybody and to be perfectly fair, was the one being called names repeatedly in that situation. If you had half a clue, you'd know that but you clearly don't and are just talking out of your ass. Because, truth is, that isn't why I was banned. But you, in your ignorance, wouldn't know that. Secondly, I agree. He does have a valid point. HOWEVER, that point should be addressed with whom he has the issue, aka Sideshow, not posted as a long, incessant rant which will go nowhere at all except to further insight the torchbearers. Go back to dusting your statues Mesa, you missed this whole thing by a mile.

Again, expecting a company to release every single release from an edition in the thousands, in perfect condition is absolutely infantile and impossible from a business standpoint. THERE WILL BE FLAWS regardless of how hard you try to prevent that. The fact that Sideshow offers to replace, or in worst case scenarios refund, to satisfy a dissatisfied customer seems to be going completely ignored because the OP's too damn lazy to tape a label on a box, call UPS for a pick-up and wait a week for a replacement. Do HotToys, Medicom or Enterbay do that, let alone respond that quickly? No.

Last edited:

I agree with Mesa here. However, I still don't agree with the expectation. It is a toy. Bottom line. A TOY! Albeit an expensive one. I am done with them personally. Not Sideshow but 12 inch figures. NONE of them meet my expectations and are very unsatisfying. Plus at the price I would rather pay a little more and have a full on work of art (PF). The figure market has been ruined and lost its luster IMO. No company can figure out how to make the niche work and keep costs down at this point. It sucks for everyone. I don't think anyone is happy about it.

oooooooo
Be careful how you state things Badmoon, I get what your TRYING to say. But your statement is bound to offend quite a few collectors here. Even though I have very few 1/6 left in my collection, it is obvious that what Sideshow and Hot Toys produce are just as recognizable as works of art as PF's.

I agree with Mesa here. However, I still don't agree with the expectation. It is a toy. Bottom line. A TOY! Albeit an expensive one. I am done with them personally. Not Sideshow but 12 inch figures. NONE of them meet my expectations and are very unsatisfying. Plus at the price I would rather pay a little more and have a full on work of art (PF). The figure market has been ruined and lost its luster IMO. No company can figure out how to make the niche work and keep costs down at this point. It sucks for everyone. I don't think anyone is happy about it.

Sigh...
thread-lock.jpg

Last edited:
oooooooo
Be careful how you state things Badmoon, I get what your TRYING to say. But your statement is bound to offend quite a few collectors here. Even though I have very few 1/6 left in my collection, it is obvious that what Sideshow and Hot Toys produce are just as recognizable as works of art as PF's.

I am never careful nor care about what I say. LOL! It's what makes me....well me. I say how I feel and I mean what I say. Hell I will soon have a custom Sideshow plate on my car. I love what they do! The 12 inch market just isn't for me anymore. I expect the best and the best is not 12 inch figures. It's just not. To expect perfection in such a small piece to me is crazy. Not a mass produced figure. My Dark Luke is a piece of art. 70% custom. Are the joints loose? Yes! Is the head barely attached? Yes. However, that figure was hand customized by the best around. I sold every single SW 12 inch in my collection most exclusives for the price of 2 PF's. If that. That goes to show you what the market thinks.

First off... how's that foot taste? :lol I didn't cuss out anybody and to be perfectly fair, was the one being called names repeatedly in that situation. If you had half a clue, you'd know that but you clearly don't and are just talking out of your ass. Secondly, I agree. He does have a valid point. HOWEVER, that point should be addressed with whom he has the issue, aka Sideshow, not posted as a long, incessant rant which will go nowhere at all except to further insight the torchbearers. Go back to dusting your statues Mesa, you missed this whole thing by a mile.

Again, expecting a company to release every single release from an edition in the thousands, in perfect condition is absolutely infantile and impossible from a business standpoint. THERE WILL BE FLAWS regardless of how hard you try to prevent that. The fact that Sideshow offers to replace, or in worst case scenarios refund, to satisfy a dissatisfied customer seems to be going completely ignored because the OP's too damn lazy to tape a label on a box, call UPS for a pick-up and wait a week for a replacement. Do HotToys, Medicom or Enterbay do that, let alone respond that quickly? No.

This will be my last response to your posts, because I know you will just reply, call me ignorant, and it won't end.

But who the ____ are you to dictate that this guy can't thoughtfully express his frustration over his recent experiences? Your focussing solely on him responding to directly to SS, which OP said he did, and I'm sure he still wants to get it off his chest and discuss his dissapointment. He can do that, many of us have _____ed about recent SS QC issues as of late.

Next time I think something and want to reply to or start a thread, I'll pm you and ask your permission if you would give me your blessing before I post.

I am never careful nor care about what I say. LOL! It's what makes me....well me. I say how I feel and I mean what I say. Hell I will soon have a custom Sideshow plate on my car. I love what they do! The 12 inch market just isn't for me anymore. I expect the best and the best is not 12 inch figures. It's just not. To expect perfection in such a small piece to me is crazy. Not a mass produced figure. My Dark Luke is a piece of art. 70% custom. Are the joints loose? Yes! Is the head barely attached? Yes. However, that figure was hand customized by the best around. I sold every single SW 12 inch in my collection most exclusives for the price of 2 PF's. If that. That goes to show you what the market thinks.

Why are we even talking about the market?
Im just saying art is subjective and a good portion of the collectors here, myself included would find some of the recent Hot Toys offerings to have just as much artistic merit as Pf's. Market values don't even enter the equation in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back