An open letter to Sideshow from an upset customer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with you.

However - and this is just my opinion - I believe these bodies have been "designed down" to a budget.
What I mean is Sideshow know their customer base, and historically what those customers will pay per figure.
Hot Toys helped design the new bodies so you would expect to be getting "True Type" quality, yet while the style of body draws heavily on the True Type, the quality, materials used and as you point out, finish is much cheaper.
I believe this is a combination of Required price point, Licencing fees, manufacturing costs.
If Hot Toys were making these a Regular 12" figure (like say Lando) would be $120 - $130 as opposed to $90
A Sandtrooper would be $150 - $175 not $110

Personally I'd rather pay more and get the quality but for whatever reasons, Sideshow has made a decision to go with this level of quality and we can take it or leave it. (Id rather they were still using the Buck and charging $50! I'd buy a damn sight more figures then LOL)

it's a real shame because I love Star Wars & I love my 1:6 figures, but I find myself cancelling more than I buy and those I do buy are getting more dissapointing. (Floppy body on Lando and paint rubs on face, Floppy body on Sandtrooper, Silly skinny legs & frankly, sh**e paint aps... The list goes on)

It saddens me to hear the EpII clones are as bad as the rest of the armoured figures, Im waiting on two from a UK supplier, now I'm thinking should I cut my losses and get another couple of medis instead, sure thier delicate, but as collectable figures, they rock! And you can pick them up for the same cost or less than a Sideshow these days if you hunt about.

I guess this whole rant can be summed up as... You ain't alone :D

I have a great sense of humor, I just get tired of Nam and little girls like him posting just to aggravate other members. He is the grade school bully who never grew up.

The original poster wrote a detailed and thoughtful response to a real problem. I personally don't buy very many Sideshow figures because they aren't up to par for the price they charge.

Might I recommend the "Ignore" button monsieur? Becase all your comments do is encourage the kind of lame back n forth exchanges which have made this board a lesser place lately. :cool:

I have a great sense of humor, I just get tired of Nam and little girls like him posting just to aggravate other members. He is the grade school bully who never grew up.

The original poster wrote a detailed and thoughtful response to a real problem. I personally don't buy very many Sideshow figures because they aren't up to par for the price they charge.

Thank you.

I appreciate the advice from you guys. I sent them a email but I doubt they will do much about it but say "sorry".

There's just no excuse for these poorly made figures. The prices went up and quality went down....what the hell???:confused:

I agree with others that this thread is pointless. If you want to make any kind of impact, email Sideshow. No one here is going to be able to snap their fingers and make your problems all better. I'm sorry you can't wait the two weeks to get a replacement.

I agree with others that this thread is pointless. If you want to make any kind of impact, email Sideshow. No one here is going to be able to snap their fingers and make your problems all better. I'm sorry you can't the two weeks to get a replacement.

I bet they lurk on this site more then you know. Wouldn't you if you were them?

Anytime you make something for the public, you want to see what their reaction is to it.

Might I recommend the "Ignore" button monsieur? Becase all your comments do is encourage the kind of lame back n forth exchanges which have made this board a lesser place lately. :cool:

Putting Nam on ignore won't solve the problem. I still have to read two pages of comments from real members of the board trying to defend themselves from his attacks. I don't back down from jerks.

I am sad to see you siding with his lame attempts to get attention. You seem to think he should just be allowed to pester people.

Anytime you make something for the public, you want to see what their reaction is to it.

Again, you are banking on a shot in the dark.

Putting Nam on ignore won't solve the problem. I still have to read two pages of comments from real members of the board trying to defend themselves from his attacks. I don't back down from jerks.

I am sad to see you siding with his lame attempts to get attention. You seem to think he should just be allowed to pester people.

I thought his post was funny and not at all an attack on the OP. Yours on the other hand was off topic and a bit of a derail.

Dude, get a life man.

You look like an immature loser.:rolleyes:

Let the intelligent adult people talk and go find something better to do with your time.

You mean, let the whiners cry about things they're too inept to take to Sideshow directly?

Actually, I'm a realist. And I get tired of crybaby rant threads like this which are intended for no other reason than to stir up ____. If the OP had any balls, he'd take the situation to Sideshow directly and spare us the drama.

I agree with others that this thread is pointless. If you want to make any kind of impact, email Sideshow. No one here is going to be able to snap their fingers and make your problems all better. I'm sorry you can't wait the two weeks to get a replacement.

It's pretty pathetic. Sideshow eats the return shipping and is more than willing to not only replace the part, but offer a full refund if not satisfied. It's a shame people can't fathom a great customer service practice and reputation that's seldom found in this industry.

No doubt they lurk on the site, but this thread is the EXACT reason they avoid the Star Wars threads like the plague.

Just ignore him. There does seem to be a lot of hostile people on a site for grown men who collect toys. :lol

Anyway, I hope all of the Sideshow collectors here keep expressing their unhappiness over these crappy floppy figures and demand SSC fixes it. If not, speak with your wallet and stop buying them altogether.

We know who they are. They can't lurk without anyone knowing. :lol

Still you email customer service and it will be read by people who matter.

We know who they are. They can't lurk without anyone knowing. :lol

Still you email customer service and it will be read by people who matter.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Though, if the effort to return a toy for exchange is too much, perhaps emailing them is held in the same regards.

Ya know, I must be the luckiest SOB, not be as picky as some or SOMETHING because I don't see half the issues all these other posters seem to have. If anything, I've only cut my buying back because of space and lack of fundage. Hell, with the bodies, you can just undress them and tighten up the screws if you want a more taught body, just need the right tools.

I thought the general consensus was that the joint issue was getting better, anyway.

Well if you're not happy with the figures SS makes, you can just go make your own.

...or if you don't want your figures anymore you can send a few to me :D ... I like clones... :monkey3

or you can just get a few HT bodies (oh no, 3 for the price of another SS figure, how terrible! Except now you can make those joint flaws on 3 SS figures disappear with a HT body, making a somewhat flawed figure almost perfect. Then you could sell the prometheus bodies on eBay (I may buy them, looking for some Pro's to use instead of HT's... best body I have ATM is a BBI G3.5 other than some Sideshows on Art s. Buck bodies.)

Also, take a look at this thread: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67058"

It's for tightening a clonobi body (SS armored body, different from Prometheus I think) but it might work on Prometheus bodies. And don't complain because the link it sends you to is in japanese(?), the pics should explain enough.

HT is the god of all things 1/6, they have the best bodies in the universe naturally. If you want a HT quality figure, you have to pay a HT quality price: usually $120 + shipping (for most HT figures). It's not fair to hold them to the same standards as Hot Toys when HT figures are much more expensive and much harder to get (if you didn't know you can't order from the HT website like you can with SS)

Or if you don't like SS, just buy some Medicom's instead. Except their bodies are too short (except in the case of the troopers) and constantly break at places like the shoulder and hip, and are proportioned more like a young teen body than an adult body. Oh yeah and did I mention they're twice as expensive as SS figures if you're lucky? (usually $180 + shipping if you find em for cheap). Also Medicoms have more cartoonish styling in almost every aspect (sculpt, paint and clothing).

So you're options are break apart the bodies and tighten them yourself; buy new HT bodies ($30 HT body + $90 SS figure = $120, same price as a HT figure); or just give up on the best Star Wars figures in existence and be all pissy at SS forever for giving you figures that didn't have Hot Toys quality bodies when their prices were way below what it costs for an actual Hot Toys figure, but no matter what,

STOP B1TCHING

seriously.

Last edited:
My zombies are all on the PRO and they are just about as tight as any TT body.

It's pretty pathetic. Sideshow eats the return shipping and is more than willing to not only replace the part, but offer a full refund if not satisfied. It's a shame people can't fathom a great customer service practice and reputation that's seldom found in this industry.

No doubt they lurk on the site, but this thread is the EXACT reason they avoid the Star Wars threads like the plague.

Sure, but I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of driving 30 mins to go to UPS and wait weeks to get an exchange everytime I buy a figure and that is what I realistically would have to do! Customers should NOT have to do that.

Plus since all I've gotten on my last 5 orders was floppy figures, I don't even have faith the figure I get in return will not be floppy. Plus my boxes on my last few figures have all been ripped at the top flaps like someone already opened it before I got it which is weird...

It just seems Sideshow has really been declining on their quality over the last year and speaking out on it here seemed the best way to get my complaints in with all the rest so hopefully someone at Sideshow with see it and do something about it. Isn't that part of what the internet is for? I'm so sorry you felt compelled to click on my thread and have it upset you so. :rolleyes:

It just seems Sideshow has really been declining on their quality over the last year and speaking out on it here seemed the best way to get my complaints in with all the rest so hopefully someone at Sideshow with see it and do something about it. Isn't that part of what the internet is for? I'm so sorry you felt compelled to click on my thread and have it upset you so. :rolleyes:

1) You are not alone in how you feel about SS QC lately.

2) Pretty sure there were only two people who were upset and nam wasn't either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back