an american werewolf in london REMAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8940569_orig.jpg

one way to to make it good is to just do a scene by scene remake with better cameras and better effects (real practical effects)
they could for example create more realistic better nazi wolf masks (Because lets face it, the masks in the movie were kinda cheesy) they can also update some of the zombie make up for Jack. just make it more believable. when he goes full corpse in the theater, that didnt look great

Another way to make this better is to create a wolf puppet that can be shown more than a couple of seconds. We all know the original wolf was barely shown because of how fake it moved. the head looked great but the legs and body were fully looking whenever it walked.

one way this guy could make the movie be really great is if they found a way that could be shown much more in the movie, to show every attack in greater length. They DID try to do this in the original but it didnt look good. so to anyone thats going to say "They didnt show it because thats how they wanted it to be" is not really true. there are deleted scenes and screen tests where they had the wolf show a lot more. The hobo attack was shown in good length and the attacks were a lot gorier.

Well, that leads to another option, just redo the special effects sequences for a new theatrical release. That would be cheaper and not tarnish the original as long as the original still exists in new formats. They just have to keep the CGI to performer, wire, and rod removal and for placing the new physical FX into old shots. For the Jack Zombie FX, they could just place new physical makeup pieces using CGI onto Griffin Dunne's face in the original shots with a bit of CGI removal of pieces of him to make him look more horrid. I'd be more supportive of that idea than a unnecessary remake just to get the Millennials interested.

Well, that leads to another option, just redo the special effects sequences for a new theatrical release. That would be cheaper and not tarnish the original as long as the original still exists in new formats. They just have to keep the CGI to performer, wire, and rod removal and for placing the new physical FX into old shots. For the Jack Zombie FX, they could just place new physical makeup pieces using CGI onto Griffin Dunne's face in the original shots with a bit of CGI removal of pieces of him to make him look more horrid. I'd be more supportive of that idea than a unnecessary remake just to get the Millennials interested.

That doesnt make money
Look at terminator 2 in 3D. Major flop.

People are dumb enough to go see a remakejust because it has new actors

Last edited:
That doesnt make money
Look at terminator 2 in 3D. Major flop.

People are dumb enough to go see a remakejust because it has new actors

Then look at the Special Editions of Star Wars, they made a ton of money. But you're right, making money is all what Hollywood cares about.

Then look at the Special Editions of Star Wars, they made a ton of money. But you're right, making money is all what Hollywood cares about.

You could record a dog going number 2 and call it star wars and it will sell.
Guaranteed 90% rotten tomatoes :lol

one way to to make it good is to just do a scene by scene remake with better cameras and better effects (real practical effects)
they could for example create more realistic better nazi wolf masks (Because lets face it, the masks in the movie were kinda cheesy) they can also update some of the zombie make up for Jack. just make it more believable. when he goes full corpse in the theater, that didnt look great

One way to make it good is to not make it.
Another way to make this better is to create a wolf puppet that can be shown more than a couple of seconds. We all know the original wolf was barely shown because of how fake it moved. the head looked great but the legs and body were fully looking whenever it walked.

Actually John Landis showed the wolf off more then he wanted because he thought it looked so good. Personally I think everything about the wolf and how it is used was perfect. I guess you could show it more but the film was perfect as it is so why do we need more wolf?

one way this guy could make the movie be really great is if they found a way that could be shown much more in the movie, to show every attack in greater length. They DID try to do this in the original but it didnt look good. so to anyone thats going to say "They didnt show it because thats how they wanted it to be" is not really true. there are deleted scenes and screen tests where they had the wolf show a lot more. The hobo attack was shown in good length and the attacks were a lot gorier.

How much of this was do to the rating system also??

But again I go back to John Landis stating his intent was to never show the wolf that much.

I personally think for a four legged hound from hell, what they did translated perfectly to the screen. The use of the wheel barrel technique and the puppet head is perfect and the wolf looks just fine.

IMO if you show off the attacks too much you are going to end up with something that looks cheesy.

IMO nothing will top the Jack Goodman attack and that hardly showed the wolf at all. It was perfect. Seeing an actual wolf on top of a guy would have to have truly cutting edge practical effect (not sure we have that) or the use of CGI... Personally I don't want the CG so you are left with trying to do it practically and in all honesty I don't see where modern effects have improved that much over the classics like ALIEN, AWIL, and The Thing.

Perhaps it can be done.. But for me AWIL is one of the perfect films out there so there just is no way to improve it. The acting is still good, the effects still hold up, the direction is done well, the humor is perfect for the film, and story is great. What more can one do?

When we start talking about shot by shot remakes but with better gore then we are treading into Psycho remake territory.

For the record.. I could care less if they remake it. Hell I will go see it and hope its good. I just feel AWIL is one of those lightning in a bottle films that can't be done again. It was the perfect film released at the perfect time.

I cant believe that a remake will even come close.

One way to make it good is to not make it.

Actually John Landis showed the wolf off more then he wanted because he thought it looked so good. Personally I think everything about the wolf and how it is used was perfect. I guess you could show it more but the film was perfect as it is so why do we need more wolf?

How much of this was do to the rating system also??

But again I go back to John Landis stating his intent was to never show the wolf that much.

I personally think for a four legged hound from hell, what they did translated perfectly to the screen. The use of the wheel barrel technique and the puppet head is perfect and the wolf looks just fine.

IMO if you show off the attacks too much you are going to end up with something that looks cheesy.

IMO nothing will top the Jack Goodman attack and that hardly showed the wolf at all. It was perfect. Seeing an actual wolf on top of a guy would have to have truly cutting edge practical effect (not sure we have that) or the use of CGI... Personally I don't want the CG so you are left with trying to do it practically and in all honesty I don't see where modern effects have improved that much over the classics like ALIEN, AWIL, and The Thing.

Perhaps it can be done.. But for me AWIL is one of the perfect films out there so there just is no way to improve it. The acting is still good, the effects still hold up, the direction is done well, the humor is perfect for the film, and story is great. What more can one do?

When we start talking about shot by shot remakes but with better gore then we are treading into Psycho remake territory.

Kind reminder that steven Spielberg wanted to show the shark a lot more than he could in JAWS and a remake of JAWS would definitely fix this.

Tryin' to make a good film around limitations is what makes these films good to begin with. If James Cameron could use CGI back in early 80's we'd get Terminator Gaynesys instead of one of the best sci fi thrillers ever made.

Back