an american werewolf in london REMAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt dog soldiers shake all over the damn place whenever the werewolves attack???
I recall getting very nauseous over it. I dont think u ever even get a clear shot of the werewolves due to the shaky cam and the darkness

Hollywood is absolutely incapable of leaving the classics alone. :mad: :gah:

I'm afraid this time it's not Holypoop. Holypoop doesn't really care for this kind of movies.
This time it is writer's/director's son who's an attention whore.

Didnt dog soldiers shake all over the damn place whenever the werewolves attack???
I recall getting very nauseous over it. I dont think u ever even get a clear shot of the werewolves due to the shaky cam and the darkness
Yeah.. It had some of that for sure with the camera shake. But I always thought you got plenty of good werewolf shots.

Yeah.. It had some of that for sure with the camera shake. But I always thought you got plenty of good werewolf shots.

Yeah but in the dark lol

I was only able to see how the werewolves actually looked by googling it :lol

AWIL is one of the few 10/10's for me. The only way the remake will be any good is if they do a non CGI transformation scene. Even then, the original would be nearly impossible to top. The modern day movie makers are slackers compared to what they used to go through to make those practical effects happen. I'd put money on this remake resembling Scooby Doo more than the original AWIL.

AWIL is one of the few 10/10's for me. The only way the remake will be any good is if they do a non CGI transformation scene. Even then, the original would be nearly impossible to top. The modern day movie makers are slackers compared to what they used to go through to make those practical effects happen. I'd put money on this remake resembling Scooby Doo more than the original AWIL.

Your post is dead on.....

Mainly because you cannot top a 10:10 can you?

Best you can hope for is another 10:10?

Which is only 1/10 chance....not good odds is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one way to to make it good is to just do a scene by scene remake with better cameras and better effects (real practical effects)
they could for example create more realistic better nazi wolf masks (Because lets face it, the masks in the movie were kinda cheesy) they can also update some of the zombie make up for Jack. just make it more believable. when he goes full corpse in the theater, that didnt look great

Another way to make this better is to create a wolf puppet that can be shown more than a couple of seconds. We all know the original wolf was barely shown because of how fake it moved. the head looked great but the legs and body were fully looking whenever it walked.

one way this guy could make the movie be really great is if they found a way that could be shown much more in the movie, to show every attack in greater length. They DID try to do this in the original but it didnt look good. so to anyone thats going to say "They didnt show it because thats how they wanted it to be" is not really true. there are deleted scenes and screen tests where they had the wolf show a lot more. The hobo attack was shown in good length and the attacks were a lot gorier.

Your post is dead on.....

Mainly because you cannot top a 10:10 can you?

Best you can hope for is another 10:10?

Which is only 1/10 chance....not good odds is it?

LOL true, but you know what I mean. If the unimaginable happens and this remake is better than the original then...hahaha I can't even finish that sentence.

pigs-might-fly.jpg

Why his son? He's done terrible movies... ugh.... I'll maybe go see it but the original is such a classic.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

one way to to make it good is to just do a scene by scene remake with better cameras and better effects (real practical effects)
they could for example create more realistic better nazi wolf masks (Because lets face it, the masks in the movie were kinda cheesy) they can also update some of the zombie make up for Jack. just make it more believable. when he goes full corpse in the theater, that didnt look great

Another way to make this better is to create a wolf puppet that can be shown more than a couple of seconds. We all know the original wolf was barely shown because of how fake it moved. the head looked great but the legs and body were fully looking whenever it walked.

one way this guy could make the movie be really great is if they found a way that could be shown much more in the movie, to show every attack in greater length. They DID try to do this in the original but it didnt look good. so to anyone thats going to say "They didnt show it because thats how they wanted it to be" is not really true. there are deleted scenes and screen tests where they had the wolf show a lot more. The hobo attack was shown in good length and the attacks were a lot gorier.

:lecture :clap Fantastic ideas! It'd be amazing if they did these things.

It's a historical film in terms of VFX because it essentially invented the cinematic werewolf transformation, and while I certainly give it credit where credit is due, I'm also certainly in the minority because for me AWIL is killed by one thing that killed a lot of movies at the time - the "let's mix a little SNL feel into it" effect. I like steak and I like ice cream, but not on the same plate.

Dog Soldiers is a way better werewolf movie IMO.

My personal fav horror film of all time. Do yourself a favor and watch this.. I think it may even be free on Netflix or Amazon Prime.. SO there really is no excuse Snake. :)

Edit : Nope.. Just checked... Not on Netflix or Prime.. Just buy the damn thing :)

AWIL used humor in the best way that a horror film could use humor. It came naturally by the craziness of the situation... No one liners just for one liner's sake.

Take the London Zoo scene.. Funny and realistic. I mean... What does happen the next day after you turn back.

Just can't agree with you on this one. The Humor and horror in this film was handled better then any other film IMO... Its a true horror film that happens to have some funny moments.

Such a great film.

I like Dog Soldiers also though. Great film. Just nowhere near to my heart as AWIL is.

Also AWIL has what is IMO the best opening 15 min ever in cinematic history. It flows perfectly.. Getting to know and appreciate Jack and David and their friendship.. The slaughtered lamb and then the moors scene. I love everything about it and the ending attack on the moors is the one of the great death scenes of all time.

I know it's regarded as an FX masterpiece, and now I'll have to watch it to join the hate this pile of **** will obviously get.

I am unfriending you now.....

On a less serious note....Why?

Didn’t they learn from The Thing? The Fog? Carrie? The Shining?

Make a sequel if you must....but you cannot make a classic any better....

Closest they can was the Dawn of the Dead remake...

No real reason. And you never added me anyway :joy

Since they're casting a woman, I really hope they actually do a good job this time... really hate when they cast women in remakes and make a mess...

Back