Amy Schumer is...BARBIE!(?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
landscape_nrm_1433445123-miss_piggy_on_the_view.jpg

Guys, Melissa McCarthy passed on it so they had to settle for Schumer. It's unfortunate what we have to deal with now...

This is ridiculous. Okay, number 1...how many of you are Barbie fans? Are any of us? Seriously. So...it's not killing most of our childhoods here. Second thing, why does Amy Schumer need to be a twig to play what is...essentially a doll that has no definiting character other than she wears a lot of outfits, has a lot of jobs and has been with the same guy for god knows how many decades? I think Amy schumer is an attractive woman. I've noticed she seems to be gaining a little weight but...how does that matter? It doesn't effect her talent, either acting or comedic. I've never been interested in an Barbie...anything but I might watch this just based on her casting alone. It tells me it's going to be something different and probably very silly but maybe in a good way.

I don't understand why some guys seem to think in order to be a talented female comedian you have to be attractive. No one makes these stipulations on guys. Is it nice when you watch a funny woman and she's hot? Of course it is. But is it a necessity? No.

I always pictured someone like a Reese Witherspoon or somebody doing this but this is probably a more fun choice. I'm sure the trailer will predictably find a way to use Aqua's "Barbie girl". :thud:

I'm with Kush. The knee jerk responses are expected, but are just that. She is reasonably funny, and given that Mattel apparently wants to do an unconventional story of empowerment and finding strength in diversity, this casting makes some sense. I've seen some of the cg Barbie cartoons. And no one here would get enjoyment out of that, more conventional form of a Barbie story.

This is ridiculous. Okay, number 1...how many of you are Barbie fans? Are any of us? Seriously. So...it's not killing most of our childhoods here. Second thing, why does Amy Schumer need to be a twig to play what is...essentially a doll that has no definiting character other than she wears a lot of outfits, has a lot of jobs and has been with the same guy for god knows how many decades? I think Amy schumer is an attractive woman. I've noticed she seems to be gaining a little weight but...how does that matter? It doesn't effect her talent, either acting or comedic. I've never been interested in an Barbie...anything but I might watch this just based on her casting alone. It tells me it's going to be something different and probably very silly but maybe in a good way.

I don't understand why some guys seem to think in order to be a talented female comedian you have to be attractive. No one makes these stipulations on guys. Is it nice when you watch a funny woman and she's hot? Of course it is. But is it a necessity? No.

I always pictured someone like a Reese Witherspoon or somebody doing this but this is probably a more fun choice. I'm sure the trailer will predictably find a way to use Aqua's "Barbie girl". :thud:

Why did they have to hire a comedian to begin with?
Comedians dont make good actors. You can be a great comedian and a terrible actor. Look at Jerry Seinfeld...

Would you hire jerry to play han solo in star wars?
Why not... great comedian right... ?

Amy shumer is a comedian with a foul mouth, rude, offensive kind of stand up and a bad actress.
her stand up is crass and trashy. how is she a role model for girls??
Who is this movie geared to?
Shouldnt barbie be played by someone like selena gomez? What 5 year old girl is a fan of Amy???

This is ghostbusters all over again... Shes too old to play barbie. Why not a teen actress? This casting makes no sense.
You might as well cast carlos mencia to play ken
Im sure kids would looove him

Last edited:
I don't understand why some guys seem to think in order to be a talented female comedian you have to be attractive.

I think you have to actually be talented to be considered a talented comedian.

Back