American Werewolf in London 1/6 figure (PCS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming the preorder is soon. I think they'll be at wondercon

Release date? I dunno. How are release dates of 1/6 figures compared to statues? Is it less or more wait?

I'm assuming the preorder is soon. I think they'll be at wondercon

Release date? I dunno. How are release dates of 1/6 figures compared to statues? Is it less or more wait?

About a year or just under for most mass producing companies. It can be a lot less though, or a lot more if there are delays.

Thanks fellas :)

19133a31d29f9104d4e8aa8cc9bf3c72.jpg

Looking good!

Have they ever done 1/6 figures before or "realistic" paint work on previous products? I was looking around their site and the stuff they've got on sale seems a bit more stylized. I'm really hoping they can make the leap to 1/6 as well as QMX did with their outstanding Captain Mal figure.

So eager to see how these turn out and I'm keeping all my fingers crossed!

What I mean is, most of what I saw on their website seemed to be statues from video games and anime type pieces with relatively simple paint schemes. Not realistic human likenesses with the layering and texturing of paint aps that we've come to expect with, say, Hot Toys-style figures. They're not adding the stylization. It's the original character designs they're reproducing that are stylized. I didn't see any realistic human likenesses.

To be clear: I'm not dumping on PCS's work. At all. I just didn't see anything like these figures there. So if this is a new type of product for them, I was wondering what sort of paint work to expect with these.

Because if I need to send these heads out for a repaint, I will need to figure that into my budgeting.

This is what I get for only clicking on "Settings" and not venturing out into the subforums. :slap My favorite movie. 1/6 figures. Awesome. Now give us a wolf.

Bad paint is the only thing that can stop these . REALLY BAD. I doubt they will be that bad , but I also think it will not be HT level , probably somewhere in between......now price point???????

I would expect less than 250 per set.

You might also have distortion of the casts, and a discrepancy in terms of the quality of the outfit from prototype (Yunsil--one of the very best out there) and production. Body isn't a big deal IMO, because in the vast majority of cases figures can be transported over to better bodies if there are problems with it.

A lot of things can change from proto to production. And from my understanding 1/6 scale figures is a new thing for PCS. Maybe it will be great, but who knows?

I'm going to get these just to display them with the Kessler wolf statue. It might look a little off but that's OK.

Yeah lots of things can get screwed up from proto to production. The costumes being one of the easiest to mess up. Seeings as paint is a biggest problem for everyone to produce, some times even HT, I don't expect much out of a first time producer.

I can see how people may not want campers, but for me these are perfect. Sets the whole film in motion. Also its one of my favorite films of all time. These aren't any different than Tony Stark in a suit or pretty much every figure Rainman has ever produced. I can see these two guys with a white LED light over head with a black background. Going to look bad ass.

Agreed. Would love the campers look myself as well. I hope PCS does this license justice.

Really? I think they look pretty right on. I will say Jack is smirking which doesn't fit. I would prefer them looking scared.

We will have to see, but I am not convinced to be honest. The smirk on Jack is really misplaced if you ask me.

Strange, I really like the chosen expressions, just a few hours before the moon is shining...

Having high hopes/expectations to see these produced.

Back