Amazon LOTR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many good Middle Earth tales they could pull from, I would love it if this were an anthology type show. The way modern television is with season-long story arcs, I think the days of anthologies are over.

VhF7pRs.jpg

Tolkien may've been excited for all anyone knows. So many actors are against TV once they start doing movies. One day it will all blended together so it won't matter. He may be upset because he's afraid someone else will play Gimli and it will overshadow his portrayal. I doubt there will be any of the characters from the LotR movies. Now the Hobbit, maybe.

Sorry, John, but Tolkien would’ve been rolling over in his grave when they announced The Hobbit would become 3 films.

Forget about movies and television shows, imagine what he'd think of the world that we live in today.

Re-reading the books for the first time.

God, FotR is good! Lately when I read something I immediately imagine how it'd look as a cinematic scene. And this book just screams to be adapted into a slick TV series. Good story telling, well-balanced jumps between moods, humor in right places, etc. It's amazing cuz there's little to no action for the most part, lost of exposition and talking... yet it never feels like a boring drag and I always interested in what's gonna happen next.

Too bad it's never goin' to happen now. :(

For anyone who is interested, I highly recommend the podcast: There and Back Again from Point North Media. It would also make a great companion for rereading ^

Back