Am I the only one who watched Knight Rider??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisfromSideshow

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Oddly enough, it wasn't bad - at least not as bad as I expected. I could probably tolerate a series. The car was much more impressive than expected, and it wasn't overly cheesy.

Anyone else see it?

I watched it Chris, and I actually thought it wasn't too bad either. No worse than the original was anyway. :D

I had never been a fan of the original, but I thought it was okay. Val Kilmer as the car was the best performance though.

Booooring til the last half hour, and Kilmer's KITT voice is a snoozer. I did like the upgrade from semi to cargo plane though, thought that was pretty cool.

Much better than expected. Kilmer was a pleasant surprise. Car was ok, I guess the way it should be updates and all. The lead was not much more hard to watch than the Hoff was when he started. I would have liked to jave seen a tip of the hat to Devon Miles, unless it was so slight that I missed it.

Michael Knight was one of my hero's as a kid, why the hell did they remake this show? I didn't catch it and probably won't in the near future either, what the heck is next Three's Company?

I watched it too, I enjoyed it. The car chases were entertaining. I wish William Daniels could have voiced KITT. Kilmer did already, but the nasaly tone of Daniels' voice gave Kitt a subtle personality that seemed lacking in Kilmer's more subtle voice.

Yeah it sucked! You may have not been the only person who saw it but maybe you may be the only person who watched it all the way through...

I had to watch it as I own a modern mustang and got a kick out of seeing the KR in action. The show was ok overall. If it weren't for the Mustang I would have never thought about it at all. Good advertising for Ford.

I watched and although I'm still a little miffed that they didn't use another Trans Am or something along those lines I actually liked it. I like the Legacy aspect of KITT and the continuity of Michael Knight but felt they played down the "he left his family to serve the greater good" angle too much and it just made him look like a deadbeat dad. I also thought the main actor playing Mike Traceur didn't have the range of emotion to deal with the things occurring in the show.

I did though like Val Kilmer as KITT. I'll watch but my hopes for the show are minimal.

It is interesting to wonder, what kind of car would KITT have been for this had this show not been made in sucha marketing geared world. I doubt the point in the 80s was to help TransAm sales, but this was clearly as much to sell cars as it was to make a cool movie/show.

It is interesting to wonder, what kind of car would KITT have been for this had this show not been made in sucha marketing geared world. .

That's easy! It would have been a black Pinto II!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Talk about excitement. You would never know when (not if) K.I.T.T. would blow up!

Back