Am I the only one who thought ALIENS kinda sucked?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aliens and the original Highlander movie. Worst flicks ever made.

Ok, my work is done. I'm off to bed.

:D
Highlander did blow. The only thing great about that movie was the Kurgan- he was bad to the freakin bone. The main character sucked and couldn't act and the rest of the film was an embarrassment to cinema. :monkey4

Highlander did blow. The only thing great about that movie was the Kurgan- he was bad to the freakin bone. The main character sucked and couldn't act and the rest of the film was an embarrassment to cinema. :monkey4

Okay, now somebody wants to go to war. ALIENS ain't got **** on the original HIGHALNDER.

Okay, now somebody wants to go to war. ALIENS ain't got **** on the original HIGHALNDER.

Really? :lol

Man, my girl and I watched Highlander for the first time not too long ago and we both wanted to turn that atrocity off!

Main character was a . Probably one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Even Connery was terrible.

Kurgan still ruled though. Awesome bad guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also wanted to note that the fighting in Highlander was just plain terrible and poorly executed. They moved like snails and hit like women (no offense) Seriously though, who was the sword fighting choreographer for this film because they should never be given another job ever again.

I liked ALIEN and the Assembly Cut of ALIEN3 more than ALIENS.

To me, ALIENS weakened the Alien character by just making it like some stupid bug that runs up to guns to be slaughtered and played off more as, literally, some SciFi nerd's wet dream of a movie(Only it was a pretty good movie) about Space Marines vs Alien creatures, whereas ALIEN and ALIEN3 were the best portrayals of the Alien character; a sneaky creature that uses enclosed spaces and air vents to it's advantage, to stalk it's prey and move in for the kill and played off more psychological thrillers and thought provoking movies.

Don't get me wrong, ALIENS is a good movie, but I just don't like it as much as ALIEN and the Assembly Cut of ALIEN3.

Bash me if you want, but I stand by my opinion.

Aliens did stink. They died too easily and their blood was not as acidic as it was in the original. You couldn't kill one of the things in the first movie without serious consequences, it took the lack of air in space to vanquish it. In the second film they were dying like flies with a few bursts with a gun.

I'm curius to see what P!tu has to say when he see's this:lol

Oh, and the film KICK'D ASS!!!! And Highlander sucks!

Whatever you're smoking, pass it this way...

But people have different tastes in movies, just like people have different tastes in women. The good Dr. just prefers Rosie O'Donnel to Scarlet Johannsen, but that is his decision.

But all kidding aside, to compare ALIEN to ALIENS is really unfare. ALIEN is a horror movie, an excellent horror movie at that. ALIENS is an action thriller and in my opinion one of the best of all time. It would be like comparing Predator to A Nightmare on Elm Street.

But hey, diff'rent strokes for different folks.

Whatever you're smoking, pass it this way...

But people have different tastes in movies, just like people have different tastes in women. The good Dr. just prefers Rosie O'Donnel to Scarlet Johannsen, but that is his decision.

But all kidding aside, to compare ALIEN to ALIENS is really unfare. ALIEN is a horror movie, an excellent horror movie at that. ALIENS is an action thriller and in my opinion one of the best of all time. It would be like comparing Predator to A Nightmare on Elm Street.

But hey, diff'rent strokes for different folks.
Except Nightmare on Elm Street doesn't hold a candle to ALIEN. I would say ALIEN has a more interesting setting, concepts, characters and creature than Nightmare does, since Nightmare is essentially a teenage slash fest, much like Friday the 13th.

That and I sure as hell wouldn't compare ALIEN to O'Donnel.:monkey4

Back