Am I the only one who thought ALIENS kinda sucked?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also prefer the first one. Just the Alien design alone for me makes the first one far superior. I also like Scott better as a director.

Oh no... here we go again! I thought this thread had thankfully died and been LONG FORGOTTEN! Seriously, what's the point in stirring up this can of worms again? Let it DIE fer cryin' out loud!!!!

Last edited:
Well, let's see... I haven't been on the Internet in a while, so I felt the need to add a bit to this thread (even though most of you would have it be long dead by now...).
ALIENS is one of my favorite films, but so is ALIEN; I don't believe I prefer either one, 'though I have to say that watching ALIENS multiple times is more enjoyable than watching ALIEN multiple times - I've done both, and while ALIEN is still quite enjoyable, it loses a bit... just A BIT... of kick (that's not mentioning the obvious fact that it's not as frightening... though I will never, EVER stop having nightmares about these SOB's... no matter how much I LOVE the movies, my dreams have been scarred.... THANKS Giger :rotfl)

NOW, for something TRULY deserving of a flaming/lynching/State excecution:

SW: ANH IS PERHAPS MY LEAST FAVORITE OF THE SIX FILMS>>>>....:horror
BAM!!! I just slapped 500 million people across the face. I will die now...
(actually, I'm not real big on AOTC, but I only liked ANH a LITTLE better...)

I was never REALLY impressed w/ it - even though it opened up one of the greatest sagas in creative history...

Also, I find the 80's ALIENS film grain actually makes it creepier - don't ask me what that's about - I suppose it makes you feel like you're not catching everything that's going on or something - sort of how your vision in such a place is more limited - nobody "sees in HD"...
That was a pretty poor explanation, but oh well...

No ****!!! I thought this thread had thankfully died and been LONG FORGOTTEN! Seriously, what's the point in stirring up this can of worms again? Let it DIE fer cryin' out loud!!!!

seems when ANYONE necroposts, it's pointed out. i didn't 'stir up' this thread, the necroposter did. so stop trying to kill the messenger.

seems when ANYONE necroposts, it's pointed out. i didn't 'stir up' this thread, the necroposter did. so stop trying to kill the messenger.

Sorry, man... you totally read me the wrong way! I'm on your side! I was referring to the necroposter, of course, not you! (I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!) :lol

Edit: I probably shouldn't have quoted you in my reply... sorry for the misunderstanding! :eek: :monkey3

Last edited:
I saw Aliens when I was 5 or so, saw Res in the theater when I was 6, I watched ALIEN a lot when I was younger, more so then Aliens.....however, I didnt own Aliens at that point...heh. Then when AvP came out (and I loved it for the sake of loving it) I couldnt watch Alien anymore....way too boring! But now, I dont know which I like better, I've watched Alien more then i've watched Aliens (in the past 2 years) so...who knows.

Alien is the better made film. Aliens, while well made, isnt as brilliant as Alien. That being said, ALIENS IS ^^^^ING AWESOME!

Different people like different things.. I got somewhat flamed when I tried to explain to people on the Hunters Lair that all the Predator movies were cool but they weren't cinematic masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination. People on there were acting like Predator and Predator 2 were on the same level as like The Godfather or something!? I tried to explain that those movies (and the Alien movies besides the first which was more drama/horror) are ALL popcorn movies. Light on story, heavy on action. They're good for what they are but some fans get so wrapped up into them that they get offended when the truth is spoken. I like things that other people don't like.. I don't defend those things though. I like what I like. I don't need other people to do the same. Some people ain't like that.

Personally I liked Aliens. If you don't.. cool. Doesn't bother me. Can't see why it would bother others.

Wow! Is this necro thread still around??? :D
Oh well...Aliens rules! Not as much as ALIEN, but a LOT!
So, there. Opinions are such wonderful things.

Sorry, man... you totally read me the wrong way! I'm on your side! I was referring to the necroposter, of course, not you! (I may be crazy, but I'm not stupid!) :lol

Edit: I probably shouldn't have quoted you in my reply... sorry for the misunderstanding! :eek: :monkey3

no apologies necessary. i'm sorry for flaming you in another thread. :eek: :lol

mudshark, you've always been a very nice board contributor. :peace

Back