Alternate PF Buffy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread is too funny. I just got mine in this weekend and I am very happy with it. The eyebrows don't bother me, neither does all the other nitpickiness. :lol

All I have to say she looks good next to Spike.

Got my Buffy today! Thanks Adam!! :rock

Here she is on the shelf, will be worked on soon.. but I like having her displayed somewhere. :D

DSCN3417.jpg

DSCN3419.jpg

DSCN3420.jpg

can't wait to see josh.... I'm jealous, doing what I'll never get the chance to (but am pulling my hair out 'cause I know how good it COULD look) :rotfl

The eyebrows and the hair color are absolutely atrocious. At least they got the eyes right this time, no lazy eye. You should never ever not ever have to re-paint a premium format figure.

exactly. Very happy with my original PF Buffy and after seeing these... eesh.
Looks horrible. Like Buffy's sleepy, drugged out trannie cousin biffy

can't wait to see josh.... I'm jealous, doing what I'll never get the chance to (but am pulling my hair out 'cause I know how good it COULD look) :rotfl

Being new here, I thought I'd add my two cents worth to the thread.
I received my Buffy yesterday all the way from the good ol' US to the UK. Maybe I'm not as demanding as some of you other collector's out there, but I 'm quite happy with my alternate PF Buffy. While I accept that there are some issues with the statue, namely the eyebrows and hair sculpt. Overall I think the general likeness of SMG and the statue itself is the best I've seen so far. Though I'm by no means any expert.

I think a lot of the criticism is in part due to the high price of the statue. If you live in the states and paid the Sideshow price of $250 then the statue is quite expensive. I suppose you should expect perfection for that money. I bought my Buffy from a third party on eBay and although I paid around $250 as well, that price did include Airmail shipping to the UK. It also worked out at least $60 cheaper than buying it over here as well.

If I've done this right Darren, you should have received a pm on the subject.

Regards to all,

When i get this, i am seriously considering cannibalising it.
Ive customised both 6" and 12" figures for a long time, so i think i could try with this
I want to maybe take the clothes and hair off, leaving me with a base body.
I can see many figures. Maybe Gift Buffy, End Of Days, Chosen? Plenty.
Wayne

Overall I think the general likeness of SMG and the statue itself is the best I've seen so far.

I agree. It's the best three-dimensional representation of the character. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near definitive. I think people were just expecting more from Sideshow. And you're right about the price playing a role in the criticism. People are going to compare PF Buffy to other PF statues, and let's face it, PF Buffy is not at the top of the list. Given the simplicity of the design, the likeness makes or breaks the statue. The likeness is good, but it could have been better. I'm still annoyed about the eyebrows. They could have been fixed quite easily, but Sideshow obviously doesn't give a toss.

I agree. It's the best three-dimensional representation of the character. Unfortunately, it's nowhere near definitive. I think people were just expecting more from Sideshow. And you're right about the price playing a role in the criticism. People are going to compare PF Buffy to other PF statues, and let's face it, PF Buffy is not at the top of the list. Given the simplicity of the design, the likeness makes or breaks the statue. The likeness is good, but it could have been better. I'm still annoyed about the eyebrows. They could have been fixed quite easily, but Sideshow obviously doesn't give a toss.

yep, and that is why I think the criticism is more than justified. For $250, they sure as HELL should have fixed the damned eyebrows, especially because it would have been easy, but they don't care. They know they put "LTD. EDITION BUFFY" on the box and they will sell them all. What's even more insulting is that they fixed the eyebrows on the box pix!

I got my PF Buffy yesterday but were only able to take pics today so here they are...She is great by the way, i don't have ANY complaints. Her eyebrows don't look like they do on the photos and her clothes/paint is fine. I'm pleased with her. She's my favorite out of the two (Spike and Buffy).

Both my mum and brother have seen photos that were posted on these forums of other peoples statues and they have both said she looks nothing like she does on thier photos :)

100_4422.jpg

100_4413.jpg

100_4414.jpg

100_4413.jpg

100_4421.jpg

100_4415.jpg

100_4416.jpg

100_4417.jpg

100_4418.jpg

Both my mum and brother have seen photos that were posted on these forums of other peoples statues and they have both said she looks nothing like she does on thier photos :)

Your pictures are good. You've captured a lot of detail, and I think the colors in your shots are closest to the figure's appearance in real life. But to say that the figure looks NOTHING like pictures previously posted is absurd. I see the same sculpt, outfit, paint applications, etc. No offense intended.

Your pictures are good. You've captured a lot of detail, and I think the colors in your shots are closest to the figure's appearance in real life. But to say that the figure looks NOTHING like pictures previously posted is absurd. I see the same sculpt, outfit, paint applications, etc. No offense intended.

Yeh ok it is the same scult and everything but it does look different from other photos. To me this is how she looks in person

I think the face & outfit looks better on the original version, but I like the hair on this one better.

This statue should be just under 16 inches (not including the base). Aren't the PF figure supposed to be 1/4 scale? If so then apparently Buffy is 6ft tall!

Back