Alternate PF Buffy Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I know I'm only judging by the photos and that I haven't seen the item in real life, but from these images I have to say she looks rather like a bad drag act.

There's a good likeness struggling to get out from under that awful paint job though.

Apart from the huge eyebrows, the eyelashes are ridiculously overdone, and her hair is appallingly painted. That 'block' of yellow is just plain nasty, and doesn't help frame her face, or compliment her skin tone in the slightest.

She needs a complete repaint, as well as an eyebrow reduction to make her all she can be I'm afraid.

I WILL be getting one of these, no matter what.... So expect a repaint and rework of it. I really want to redeem this statue, like Sue said... It has potential underneath those bad paint apps and huge brows.

Maybe in the coming weeks I will have enough cash to score one. I will most certainly let you all know when it happens. :D

Sueworld you called it. I can still see glue on the hair with my Buffy PF. If anything seeing it in person is worse. Being the stubborn person that I am though I have dabbled some acrylic paint on her eyebrows. My app was not a big improvement but at least I know I'll have someone else to look at besides the illegitimate child of Groucho Marx.

nice pics guys
ive actually got one of these on the way in a few weeks too
But the only thing thats bugging me, apart from the large, thick, brown eyebrows are the lips. They seems to pouty and the painjob doesnt seem to sit on the sculpt properly, if that makes sense.

They should be thinner and longer, they look to rosebud-y. But the question is, do i have the guts to repaint her???

Wayne

I WILL be getting one of these, no matter what.... So expect a repaint and rework of it. I really want to redeem this statue, like Sue said... It has potential underneath those bad paint apps and huge brows.

Maybe in the coming weeks I will have enough cash to score one. I will most certainly let you all know when it happens. :D

I look forward to seeing that. I know the sculpt is incredible, it's just painted poorly.

To me this IS BUFFY. I much prefer her to the pancake hair first edition. I think she looks great, the eyebrows are a bit wacky but its still obviously Sarah Michelle Gellar, I love the likness!

1106938098buffy.jpg
portrait-72.jpg

Nice shots here! It at least shows that a repaint CAN make this a better statue. I know it can be done, just will take some work. :rock

A DA repaint with trimmed eyelashes will make this thing spectacular. The sculpt is amazing, so fix the horrible paint and we have a winner.
Still theres still that argument that you should never have to repaint a PF...

some of you are just way to picky. I get being picky but there is a point when it becomes too much. I have mine and she is great and I love her. You don't even pay attention to the eyebrows

some of you are just way to picky. I get being picky but there is a point when it becomes too much. I have mine and she is great and I love her. You don't even pay attention to the eyebrows

:lol:lol

We all have different levels of tolerance. What we are willing to accept and what we can't. However, this being said I just couldn't see paying $250 plus shipping for a statue that needed to be repainted. Those monster eyebrows may not bother you but you have to respect the fact that other people are bothered by them.

Either way, I am glad you are enjoying your statue. :)

I was never a fan of this figure, but I just put myself on the waitlist. I'm going to attempt to customize a better shirt, remove the hair, maybe sand down the eyebrows - see if I can make something worthwhile out of it.

I'm on the waitlist too, and if I do get one, it would be a first for me too. I would definitely send it off to one of our intrepid painters for a makeover. The makeup and hair color both need to be Buffy-fied, but once that is done, I think people would be :monkey5 over the quality of the sculpt.

I personally think the hair is fine. It's hard to nail this color of hair (light/medium brunette with blond highlights?), but it looks pretty good to me. I just don't like the eyebrows, the bagginess of the pants in the back, and the low back pockets. Fortunately, 2 of the 3 issues are on the backside of the figure.

I was never a fan of this figure, but I just put myself on the waitlist. I'm going to attempt to customize a better shirt, remove the hair, maybe sand down the eyebrows - see if I can make something worthwhile out of it.

:rock

can't wait to see how this turns out Dave! I wish I could do the same. This could be made into a perfect likeness of SMG with a repaint..... It's just annoying I can't get to do it, but I'm glad someone else can do what I would love to.

Can't wait :)

I hadn't really consider getting her, but I was at Madame Tussaud's in Vegas and saw this figure. She's wearing the red leather pants and the shirt is just perfect for Buffy. So this is the shirt I'll be trying to recreate.

waxbuffy.JPG

*g* My friend sculpted that Lugosi figure. He's a senior portrait sculptor at Tussuad's.

The Buffy was done by a friend of his at the studio.

Looking forward to hearing how you get on customizing the PF Buffy.

I finally have my Buffy coming, thanks to Adam! I will be doing some major work to her as soon as I have her. Might even sculpt some earrings on her as well, Buffy's ears were hardly empty.

But the big thing on the menu are those brows.... :lol

I finally have my Buffy coming, thanks to Adam! I will be doing some major work to her as soon as I have her. Might even sculpt some earrings on her as well, Buffy's ears were hardly empty.

But the big thing on the menu are those brows.... :lol

I'll be very interested to see your results (and of course your quotes for providing the same service to those less talented :D).

I refuse to look at this thread anymore. Once I see DA's repaint I might be too tempted to buy one.

Back